fair trade for mcintosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name me 10 Ruckman better than him.... you cant... and also we dont want to get rid of him he wants to go.... you will need to give up something good.... in my opinion you would be lucky to not give away a first rounder and a player like Motlop.....

Nic Nat
Dean Cox
Jolly
Mumford
Minson
Jacobs
Sandilands
Tippett
Goldstein
Hille
Maric
Ryder
Kruiser
Giles

do you want me to continue .... :cool:

....worth a 1st round and motlop...you sir are a troll

He is a ruckman that North want to get rid of in the middle of a contract. That devalues him considerably. He is not a lemon but he is not in the top 10 ruckmen of the AFL either. He is no Brad Ottens. I suspect you over value him because he plays for your club. If geelong trade a lower pick for him then so be it you have been lucky. But he is not worth a pick below 30 that is for sure. Never will be!

As mentioned in my post, the club wants to keep him, it is also mentioned here. Link

It's not about overvaluing at all, people keep missing very simple points made over and over again. Not saying he is a top 10 ruckman either, some posters seem to think its case of 'we don't want him/he wants to go' it isnt.

As G0ther00s nailed, unless we get something of considerable value, it's bad list management to have only one AFL ready ruckman on your list, and also send him to a rival who in the short to medium term feature will be about equal pegging. Makes no sense to also do that whilst a player is under contract.

Trades aren't always 'Player for player's market value' Especially whilst under contract.

Geelong dont have anything good all their good players are too old... it would have to be Motlop and maybe Christiansen together for Hmac and our 2nd rounder...
bahahahahaha

WTF??? are you serious???

bahahahhaha

As G0ther00s nailed, unless we get something of considerable value, it's bad list management to have only one AFL ready ruckman on your list, and also send him to a rival who in the short to medium term feature will be about equal pegging. Makes no sense to also do that whilst a player is under contract.

Trades aren't always 'Player for player's market value' Especially whilst under contract.

That's your problem you wont get something of considerable value. You might get a pick in the high 20's in a 3 way deal with another club but that's about the best you will do. Regardless of your points HMac isn't just worth what you say he is and I can tell you Geelong wont pay overs for him if North are demanding what you think they should. They'll pull out of the deal and walk away laughing. We already have West, Vardy, Stephenson, & Simpson to keep rucking for us.

HMac is a luxury not a necessity for our club.

He is a ruckman that North want to get rid of in the middle of a contract. That devalues him considerably. He is not a lemon but he is not in the top 10 ruckmen of the AFL either. He is no Brad Ottens. I suspect you over value him because he plays for your club. If geelong trade a lower pick for him then so be it you have been lucky. But he is not worth a pick below 30 that is for sure. Never will be!
Tell me anywhere that has stated we want to get rid of him? Your only assuming that based that he is #2 behind Goldstein. The club has always maintained that if a deal can be struck to our liking we will trade if not he is contracted and will play his last year out with North. 2 key points you need to realise......1. Is contracted 2. We don't need cap relief. You join the dots, doesn't seem like a position to be throwing a good ruckman away for peanuts does it? And enough with the Stepehen King comparisons, different age and you couldn't fit him in your cap.

That's your problem you wont get something of considerable value. You might get a pick in the high 20's in a 3 way deal with another club but that's about the best you will do. Regardless of your points HMac isn't just worth what you say he is and I can tell you Geelong wont pay overs for him if North are demanding what you think they should. They'll pull out of the deal and walk away laughing. We already have West, Vardy, Stephenson, & Simpson to keep rucking for us.

HMac is a luxury not a necessity for our club.
Says a lot that you have four rucks on your list yet you want to trade one in. I'm guessing your list manager knows these guys just aren't good enough to be a #1 ruckman.

If Geelong can't get a deal done in the next few days I think they will just move on and offer Rivers a contract.

You clearly have NFI mate he only want to go to Geelong because they have promised the #1 ruck spot to him, yet funnily enough they only value a #1 ruckman as a third rounder?!?!?!?!?! He has a contract so he can deal with it if atrde can't be done.

Sharrod Wellingham a dime a dozen flanker/midfielder just landed Pick 17 and you telling me #1 ruckman, not backup, wouldn't at least be valued between 20-30, not a ridiculous pick 50+?

Geelong are just trying to land him on the cheap. s**t act to go after a guy and tell him you want him to be your #1 ruckman yet not even be realistic at the trade table. As far as Im concerned they can get stuffed for even approaching him if they aren't serious about a fair deal.
steven king was an aa ruckman who geelong could not fit in anymore so gave him away to continue his career at his club of choice.clubs just dont give away good picks for senior citizens no matter how good they have been.

leon cameron was about 28 when we traded for him super player super skills we gave up pick 37 and 66 for him at his age picks 35 plus was about right.

Says a lot that you have four rucks on your list yet you want to trade one in. I'm guessing your list manager knows these guys just aren't good enough to be a #1 ruckman.
Stephenson is a backup.
Simpson isn't ready. (+ he had a disc in his back removed)
West probably isn't big enough, but he is far more damaging in other roles.
Vardy is a kid who looks like he'll end up being a forward.

And we had other issues. The game changed and that stuffed up Blake, we traded King (ok I'm going back a bit), Ottens retired, Mummy took the cash.

All in all we've done pretty well with rucks, but at the moment we're a little bit caught out.

I agree with you, we need someone like Hmac. It's not a luxury

Firstly I never made any comparison to King so get your hand off it. :eek:

Secondly, our current rucks are still developing and have been a bit slower than we hoped but that's life. If HMac doesn't come to us we will make do with the guys we have. But your comment is extremely uninformed and you are just trying to troll I suspect as otherwise you can't be that dumb.

If I am mistaken about Norths motives for trading HMac then I stand corrected. But it seems to me if North really wanted to keep him then he wouldn't be looking at other clubs to go too would he? You really have rose coloured glasses about your club which is kinda amusing. If a deal can't be done then Geelong will move on and HMac will sit on your list playing in the VFL.

Well done!

heres a scenario personally im not overly keen but it could be a possibility. the real killer for me is not being sure of a players worth dawson simpson.

okay with north being interested in graham as insurance how about graham and pick 50 for mcintosh. now i can see already people getting their backs up so scenario 2 would be

our pick 31 to geelong for simpson geelong then ofload 31 for mcintosh. as i said im loath to do this as im in the dark about simpson. geelong fans would probably howl for all i know.

what is simpson worth.

the other possibility is to replace simpson with west and go thru scenario 2.

Firstly I never made any comparison to King so get your hand off it. :eek:

Secondly, our current rucks are still developing and have been a bit slower than we hoped but that's life. If HMac doesn't come to us we will make do with the guys we have. But your comment is extremely uninformed and you are just trying to troll I suspect as otherwise you can't be that dumb.

If I am mistaken about Norths motives for trading HMac then I stand corrected. But it seems to me if North really wanted to keep him then he wouldn't be looking at other clubs to go too would he? You really have rose coloured glasses about your club which is kinda amusing. If a deal can't be done then Geelong will move on and HMac will sit on your list playing in the VFL.

Well done!
You obviously aren't prepared to make do because you are chasing him, most likely because you can still challenge while you still have that core of top line senior players, waiting for others to develop doen't fit that plan. McIntosh requested the trade because he wants to be a number #1 ruckman and sees the writing on the wall with Goldstein at the club. The club has always taken the stance that we can facilitate the trade if we get a deal that is worthwhile, so don't mistake that with we are desperate to get rid of him. People are quick to forget that early in the year Goldstein was dropped in favour of McIntosh, so it's not set in stone he will be playing VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heres a scenario personally im not overly keen but it could be a possibility. the real killer for me is not being sure of a players worth dawson simpson.

okay with north being interested in graham as insurance how about graham and pick 50 for mcintosh. now i can see already people getting their backs up so scenario 2 would be

our pick 31 to geelong for simpson geelong then ofload 31 for mcintosh. as i said im loath to do this as im in the dark about simpson. geelong fans would probably howl for all i know.

what is simpson worth.

the other possibility is to replace simpson with west and go thru scenario 2.

Graham and 50?!?!?!? Is 50 for us to take him off your hands and if so what do we get for McIntosh?

McIntosh requested the trade because he wants to be a number #1 ruckman and sees the writing on the wall with Goldstein at the club.

ahh so now you are saying they want to trade him as they don't foresee a role for him with Goldstein in the future????...You North supporters chop and change your story to suit your trolls. Mate give it a rest because you are only making yourself look bad :cool:

If North want too much then Geelong will walk away. Plain and simple.

1) Natanui
2) Cox
3) Sandiland
4) Goldstein
5) Jacobs
6) Maric
7) Mumford
8) Jolly
9) Jamar
10) Kruiser
11) Ryder
12) Giles
13) McEvoy

There's probably half a dozen more that would be more valuable but are not yet better players eg: Longer, Luenberger & Zac Smith.

If he stayed fit perhaps I'd have him at number 8 ahead of Jolly but that's not happened for a long time.
I'm laughing at the bolded ones.

Ryder - Is played predominately as a forward, and when he is in the ruck Hamish is much better.
Jolly - Had a shocker of a year, putting in great games here and there, with a bunch of average or terrible games.
Jamar - 2 years ago yes, last year definitely not.
Kruiser - Lol, he's been freaking terrible, don't let that #1 pick, or potential fool you. Maybe some day down the line, but Kruiser really hasn't played that well.
Giles - Um no, why didn't Geelong go hard for Giles if he was young/cheaper/better/less injury prone?

Funny thing is Mcevoy should be 8th on your list and is the online one below 7 on your list I'd take over a fully fit Hamish. If you based your list on the assumption that all players are fully fit, you've got to be ******* joking me. If you've based in on them being injury prone, how could Kruiser be there? He has had a horrid run with injuries.

ahh so now you are saying they want to trade him as they don't foresee a role for him with Goldstein in the future????...You North supporters chop and change your story to suit your trolls. Mate give it a rest because you are only making yourself look bad :cool:

Are you blind? McIntosh requested the trade, he wasn't initially being shopped around!!! Why don't you give it a rest because you are struggling to read!!! The club has actually come out and stated that if a decent trade can't get done they are happy to have him stay and fulfill his contract. Is that simpler for you? Or do you need it in pictures?

Graham and 50?!?!?!? Is 50 for us to take him off your hands and if so what do we get for McIntosh?
i did say people would get their backs up with scenario 1.

look at it this way geelong are offering pick 55 for mcintosh. if he goes you are looking at graham as backup and willoffer up a third rounder thats my understanding of it anyway.

simply put you get graham as your backup pick 50 and get to keep your third rounder.which is a better offer than geelongs 55.

seeing as how where the pick is is important i did offer up a second scenario. would you be happy with pick 31 and graham for the loss of mcintosh and your third rounder.that is if geelong were happy to give up simpson to us.

Are you blind? McIntosh requested the trade, he wasn't initially being shopped around!!!

He requested a trade after being told he did not figure in Norths plans for the future by his Coach. You really are a viscous little troll aren't you...down boy...down boy...or would you prefer I post some "Why U So Mad Bro!" memes to give this more a Bay 13 feel where I am sure you are right at home.

He requested a trade after being told he did not figure in Norths plans for the future by his Coach. You really are a viscous little troll aren't you...down boy...down boy...or would you prefer I post some "Why U So Mad Bro!" memes to give this more a Bay 13 feel where I am sure you are right at home.
You are not only blind but dumb as well I see. Unless you are McIntosh or Brad Scott himself I would love to see aanywhere where it has been quoted that he wasn't in our plans going forward? Now who's being the troll?

Geelong's interest in McIntosh is surprising. 29? Their list isn't getting any younger. Do they believe they are still in a window?

Err actually we had a couple of veterans retire this year, and last year. And some more next year. And we debuted 10 players this year. So our list is getting younger.

As far as windows go, I am quite confident we could have beaten every one of the finals sides had we not lost to Freo. Our aim is to make the finals every year, that was the strategy on which we hired Chris Scott.

But we lost a whole lot of close games this year and made the finals with a lot of injuries and hurt players. Perhaps we should aim for bottom four next year right?

You are not only blind but dumb as well I see. Unless you are McIntosh or Brad Scott himself I would love to see aanywhere where it has been quoted that he wasn't in our plans going forward? Now who's being the troll?

you want to keep/force a 28 year old player at your club who doesnt want to be there? one that has served at your club for 10 years

isnt it a wonderful culture down at north melbourne :rolleyes:

You realize there's more than one of us? And we disagree about plenty and say different things? Find an individual poster who changes their tune and go hard at them.

It's been bad luck for H that he had injury problems when playing very well, Goldy played well, and the sub rule has changed the landscape for two big ruckmen. Fair play that he wants to go where he is needed more, and I hope he does get to enjoy the rest of his career. I'm not hung up at all on what North could get for him - as long as we can trade or draft to get a player or players that will better suit our needs as a result, the numbers are random.

you want to keep/force a 28 year old player at your club who doesnt want to be there? one that has served at your club for 10 years

isnt it a wonderful culture down at north melbourne :rolleyes:
Since when is we won;t let you go for a bag of peanuts forcing someone to stay? If you want to talk about culture we can talk about a club who has targeted a contracted player, got into his head that he is wanted and then act like cheap skates at the trade table. Now thats the culture of a shitty grubby club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back