Fantasy Fantasy Football

Remove this Banner Ad

I assume days are completely off the agenda due to work/school?

And I'll guess Saturday day, and Sunday day is off because people will be going to the footy, which leaves nights...

Best nights for me are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and Thursday night if that's best for everyone else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I noticed when I was creating a league for my friends and I that the times for the Live draft were pretty limited, which might put a spanner in the Live Draft works.

E.G. Can only start drafts between 11pm and 1pm, meaning no draft start time between 1-10pm, which I'm guessing would put quite a few people out.

If that is the case, then my next preferred option would be Auto-pick.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last thing, I promise...

Is it possible to cut one of/or both W/R or W/T, cos there's definitely not enough decent TEs to go around to even think of starting two, barely enough RBs to allow anyone to start 3, meaning most people will be trying to start 5 WRs, which would kill the depth at the position.

Basically, if a player gets a season ending injury, they're going to be replaced on the roster by guys who barely play a down.

What does everyone else think?

im new to this fantasy football, can someone explain how the draft works. like i know how it works in real life, but what this pre draft thing?

bgs05 said:
im new to this fantasy football, can someone explain how the draft works. like i know how it works in real life, but what this pre draft thing?

pre draft rankings are where you place all the players in an order as to how you think they should be ranked, so when it is your turn to pick you get whoever is the highest player left on your draft board. you do this if you can't attend a live draft

fuey said:
Fan of Joey Silvera etc?

If you don't get me, take no notice of me ;)

No I'm not a fan of Joey Silvera infact don't exactly know who he is?

My team name is the title of a Rage Against The Machine album, I believe it's about corporations...

morpheus said:
No I'm not a fan of Joey Silvera infact don't exactly know who he is?

My team name is the title of a Rage Against The Machine album, I believe it's about corporations...

Fair enough...

Joey Silvera is a Director for a production company called "Evil Empire"...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lenny Briscoe said:
we have 12 teams now. would everyone prefer drafting in the next week or waiting until end of july

Not concerned here. Like some people say they want to put the draft off till last minute because offseason injuries occur but as far as im concerned thats just part of the game... and the luck...

I've got a draft 10am sunday morning... but im pretty flexible. I c you had a wednesday draft there... if push came to shove I could take a sickie... *cough* *cough*

danielz_23 said:
Not concerned here. Like some people say they want to put the draft off till last minute because offseason injuries occur but as far as im concerned thats just part of the game... and the luck...

Yeah, agree there.

My Hawks aren't going anywhere fast at the minute, so I'm looking to get the NFL season started ASAP :)

As long as it's not the week before the season starts so there can be some trading done id someone doesn't like their team.

draft is set for friday july 1st at 10 am. if you can't make the draft, make sure you have your players pre-ranked before then. i know this won't suit everyone, but in reality, no one really knows what is going to happen in regard to form or injuries, so drafting has minimal impact in my opinion. just a hint, yahoo defauklt player rankins for defensive players are terrible so make sure you put good defensive players in your pre-rank list otherwise you will be stuck with no-names

Lenny Briscoe said:
draft is set for friday july 1st at 10 am. if you can't make the draft, make sure you have your players pre-ranked before then. i know this won't suit everyone, but in reality, no one really knows what is going to happen in regard to form or injuries, so drafting has minimal impact in my opinion. just a hint, yahoo defauklt player rankins for defensive players are terrible so make sure you put good defensive players in your pre-rank list otherwise you will be stuck with no-names

why in a morning? on a friday... anyhow thats cool, i'll have to get out

I think the settings are pretty good as is...

If we get any more than 14 people, I think we should open a second league, cos we're really pushing the quality player limit at 14 teams.

If it gets's to 16 teams, we'll split it into two leagues of 8 teams, that way there can be more scoring positions also...

you're right fuey. 14 is absolutley max. what i did was moved one of the fixed rb positions to a flex w/r so that during bye weeks the rb's aren't as stretched.

i regard to the draft time. does saturday morning suit better than friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back