Fantasy Fantasy Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally, I'd prefer more defensive players rafter than defensive teams (especially with 14 teams).

Depth in the defensive positions allows you to make up for crappy offensive players. It also requires a bit more knowledge than being able to draft a Manning because of the draft order.

JeffDunne said:
Personally, I'd prefer more defensive players rafter than defensive teams (especially with 14 teams).

Depth in the defensive positions allows you to make up for crappy offensive players. It also requires a bit more knowledge than being able to draft a Manning because of the draft order.

Yep I agree, I'm thinking around 10 defensive players plus bench.

Lenny Briscoe said:
draft is now on wed july 29 at 10 am

perfect.

Just drafted first team. Public league

Hasselbeck/Carr
Ward
Jackson
Mason/ Rod Smith/ Deion Branch
McAllister
Dillon/ Staley/ Duckett
L.J.Smith/Wiggins
Vanderjagt
Washington D

danielz_23 said:
perfect.

Just drafted first team. Public league

Hasselbeck/Carr
Ward
Jackson
Mason/ Rod Smith/ Deion Branch
McAllister
Dillon/ Staley/ Duckett
L.J.Smith/Wiggins
Vanderjagt
Washington D

Not bad...

QB's could be a worry, both could have great years, both could have average years. Hass should be ok though, with Jurevicius there, he has some reliable hands opposite Jackson.

Set at receiver, who's available at RB in your league Daniel? Duckett is good for TD's when Vick doesn't run them in himself... unreliable fantasy performer for mine.

Probably be looking for a TE too, don't think Wiggins will have another good year, maybe Smith will produce now he doesn't have Chad Lewis to share time with.

Be back with my first drafted team in a few minutes...

Did something a bit different with one of my fantasy teams this year, and wnet only for players with 4 or fewer years experience. The outcome:

Starters in bold...

Quarterbacks
Byron Leftwich
Ben Roethlisberger

Runningbacks
Clinton Portis
Rudi Johnson

DeShaun Foster
JJ Arrington

Wide Receivers
Javon Walker
Steve Smith
Roy Williams

Lee Evans
Mike Williams

Tight Ends
Eric Johnson
Jeb Putzier

Kicker
Lawrence Tynes

Defense
Houston

Pretty happy overall, trying to get Carson Palmer from another guy though...

fuey said:
Did something a bit different with one of my fantasy teams this year, and wnet only for players with 4 or fewer years experience. The outcome:

Starters in bold...

Quarterbacks
Byron Leftwich
Ben Roethlisberger

Runningbacks
Clinton Portis
Rudi Johnson

DeShaun Foster
JJ Arrington

Wide Receivers
Javon Walker
Steve Smith
Roy Williams

Lee Evans
Mike Williams

Tight Ends
Eric Johnson
Jeb Putzier

Kicker
Lawrence Tynes

Defense
Houston

Pretty happy overall, trying to get Carson Palmer from another guy though...

Not too bad although your QB's lack bite and if Portis or Rudi doesnt work out your in trouble... they have there concerns but are decent. Rudi has to play the Steelers and Ravens twice which always concerns me... but then he can catch up against the Browns I guess, haha

danielz_23 said:
Not too bad although your QB's lack bite and if Portis or Rudi doesnt work out your in trouble... they have there concerns but are decent. Rudi has to play the Steelers and Ravens twice which always concerns me... but then he can catch up against the Browns I guess, haha

Wholeheartedly agree...

Rudi averaged 85 yards against Steelers/Ravens last year, so that's not too bad, but only scored once.

That average goes up about 15 yards when you count the Brows too :)

And he plays against Green Bay, so he should have another big one there too :) ... :(

I dont know if i've already said this but www.cdmsports.com have salary cap, draft, last man standing... etc competitions which you pay a fee for and can win significant prize money.

Unlike every other site ive come across, international users are eligible to claim the money. apparently you have to pay some 30% tax but by the time you convert it to aus dollars the amounts end up similar to advertising.

you may struggle to get your act together now tho with the season around the corner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's my yahoo team, would greatly appreciate peoples opinions:

QBs
McNabb
Pennington
Warner

RBs
Holmes
J. Jones
K.Jones
R.Brown
C.Williams