Fantasy Fantasy Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep count me in. Only thing is, and it happens every year, is that you get one or two players who draft their team then never log in again. It'd be good if we could get a league with active players who'll stick at it for the entire season.
Live drafting is the go, or the one where you could do a draft via a thread here and the league commish can enter the selections afterwards is good as well. I just prefer that greatly to the draft rankings.
If we go down the route of drafting through a thread here, could look at a start in July which gives heaps of time - any thoughts?

NakedDeadGuy said:
If we go down the route of drafting through a thread here, could look at a start in July which gives heaps of time - any thoughts?

july is probably the best time i agree. registrations for yahoo open in june so if i'll set up the league last half of this month and we can draft in mid july

i just registered the league at fantasysports.yahoo.com

league name is
Big Footy (ID#1652)
password

bigfooty

go ahead and sign up, we will do the draft on a thread here in july. i'll determine the date for commencing later on once is have numbers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The all conquering and often liquored up TonganFamilyBand is registered. I realise you'll have some changes Lenny, just a couple of suggestions on rosters - if we get a 16 team league running, I'd look at :- 1 QB, 3 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB, and 1 K on the O side. With 2 RB/QB per team, and only 32 active per week there's too much scope for not enough to go round. With bye weeks most FF players look to have someone to come off the bench for those weeks, and with no starters left in the pool, I could see some players losing interest fast. On the other hand, if there's say a 10 team league of active players - different story. Just a thought anyway.

thanks for the tip, it depends how mnay numbers we get i guess. ath the moment there have been 7 people say they are interested, if i get 16 i will drop down the rb and qb and te, but if its a 10 like you siad i will keep as is. i'll give it a few weeks and see how many people sign up

Lenny Briscoe said:
drafting through this thread is definately the best way. live draft too difficult. i will do it this way and start in july sometime

Don't like this way of doing it...

If someone can't get online for a couple of days, everyone has to wait on them and it can end up taking ages (taken part in a draft like this, and it's too hard to work IMO).

Would prefer to have a live draft, but to get everyone in at one time is almost impossible.

Best option is probably an Autodraft, but I'm happy to go any way...

These are my personal preferences, but all points should really be discussed by the managers in the league, so views from everyone would be great.

None of this is meant as a knock on you Lenny, I'm just explaining my pov.

16 Teams

I think it's too much, maybe lower it to 10 or 12, and if there's enough interest, make a second league. I'm more than happy to go in more than one league, if the second lacks teams.

Fewer teams = more quality.

Playoffs

Maybe for weeks 15 and 16, cos teams are known to rest star players in week 17.

Roster Positions

A lot of this depends on the size of the league, as has been noted.

16 teams- 1 QB, 2 HB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF (1 D, 1 DL, 2 DB), 6 Bench
10 teams- 2 QB, 2 HB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 DEF (1 D, 2 DL, 2 DB), 1 HB/WR, 6 Bench

Also, No team Defense if there's going to be individual players, and benches to extend by 2 if Individual D players are included.

Scoring

- All TDs to be 6 points (currently 4)
- Maybe -2 for INTs (-3)
- No points deducted for the QB being sacked. (-2)
- No points for receptions (2)
- No points for return yards (25 yards per point)
- Points lost only for losing fumbles
- No negative points for missing field goals
- No return yard points for the defense either.

That's about it...

fuey said:
These are my personal preferences, but all points should really be discussed by the managers in the league, so views from everyone would be great.

None of this is meant as a knock on you Lenny, I'm just explaining my pov.

16 Teams

I think it's too much, maybe lower it to 10 or 12, and if there's enough interest, make a second league. I'm more than happy to go in more than one league, if the second lacks teams.

Fewer teams = more quality.

Playoffs

Maybe for weeks 15 and 16, cos teams are known to rest star players in week 17.

Roster Positions

A lot of this depends on the size of the league, as has been noted.

16 teams- 1 QB, 2 HB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF (1 D, 1 DL, 2 DB), 6 Bench
10 teams- 2 QB, 2 HB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 DEF (1 D, 2 DL, 2 DB), 1 HB/WR, 6 Bench

Also, No team Defense if there's going to be individual players, and benches to extend by 2 if Individual D players are included.

Scoring

- All TDs to be 6 points (currently 4)
- Maybe -2 for INTs (-3)
- No points deducted for the QB being sacked. (-2)
- No points for receptions (2)
- No points for return yards (25 yards per point)
- Points lost only for losing fumbles
- No negative points for missing field goals
- No return yard points for the defense either.

That's about it...

fair enough fuey, i porbably agree with the teams. i'll make it ten teams and keep the expanded 2qb set up. i've only got qb td passes as 4 points, i'll put it back to 6. i gave only a fraction of a point for receptions, i just think it makes it better cause you can go for the yardage type receiver or the possession type west coast offense type receiver with short receptions without getting penalised.

obviously all these settings will be tweaked until the season starts with peoples input. i played in a league last yearthat used team defense, plus individual players and it seemed to work ok. just see what everyone else sthinks

Just signed up, im "Denver4Superbowl"

Unless something pretty bad happens to me, i'll be playing a full season like i do every year :D (i also HATE people that give up half way through)

Also.. LIVE draft is the only way to go!!!! with only 10 people.. surely we can organize a good time that suits most if not all of us.

Good luck guys..

seems to me as though most people want a live draft and thos who don't are happy with auto draft. thos who want autodraft can pre-rank thei players and join the draft that way i guess. what sort of times are best for everyone. i'm don't think we'll do the draft until late july, so if there are any big injuries over training camp we aren't stuck with those players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back