Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone here like the Hawthorn brewing range?
I found them a good way to transition from your standard VB, Draught into craft beers and different styles such as IPAs etc. They were my favourite until I developed the tastes a bit and now I find them just okay.

If you're just starting out on craft beers I highly recommend them.

I found them a good way to transition from your standard VB, Draught into craft beers and different styles such as IPAs etc. They were my favourite until I developed the tastes a bit and now I find them just okay.

If you're just starting out on craft beers I highly recommend them.

I just found out a mate from 25 years ago owns and brews there ( i think)

Merry xmas and hoppy ( :$ ) new year to you all!!

Van-Dieman-Edward-171214-124525.png

Got hold of a few of these. An Estate Ale from Van Diemans Brewing where all the ingredients are sourced from the farm they brew on. Probably the freshest beer out of a bottle I have ever tasted.

KAIJU-krush.png

This is a perfect beer for hot summer days. Have it on tap at Audacious Monk (Preston) for those of you in Melbourne it s a really cool wine/beer bar. similar to a Carwyn Cellars, minus about 20 taps.

I've steered away from any James Squire for several years now.
They've marketed a very average product very well and how anyone likes 50 Lashes is beyond me.

https://www.beercartel.com.au/blog/best-beers-in-australia-the-ultimate-top-50-beer-list-2017/

Last years Australian top 50.
They do like Feral, don't they?
There's a few ordinary beers on that list. Stone and wood top 10! I mean it's better than your standard VB and Carlton, but it's the bottom of the craft beer barrel.

There's a few ordinary beers on that list. Stone and wood top 10! I mean it's better than your standard VB and Carlton, but it's the bottom of the craft beer barrel.
Would probably rather a Carlton Draught. Almost. From a tap maybe. Stone & Wood is awful – about $22 for a six pack but it's a bonafide mid strength with the taste to back up its low alcohol content. It just lacks that weight and bitterness you actually drink a beer for. I don't really get the hype. If you want some fruit juice beer then there are ones with a lot more going on that don't feel as franchised and taste way better.

Stone & Wood is downright awful and every bit as poor as that other famous craft (?) beer, in Fat Yak.
I don't even get close to anything Mountain Goat nor Little Creatures any more. If I want a simple, dumb beer it's Coopers pale ale for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout (11.5%) and an ice-cream sandwich made with the same beer, to go alongside it

Better than any dessert I've ever had with the added bonus of getting a bit of a buzz on.

View attachment 455147

*, very jealous - did you go to Carey’s Cellars?

Better than KBS?

Ballast Point Pale Ale... $14.90 for a six pack at Dans? 1.5 each? When I worked in a similar bottle shop we sold the stubbies for near on 30 bucks. What's this about?

Carwyn, yeah.

I haven't tried KBS but I reckon it'd obviously be similar, without the maple notes.

Incredibly easy to drink for something so boozy, even in weather like last weekend. Could knock back a pint easily I reckon

Carwyn - bloody autocorrect.

Hopefully I can nab a bottle somewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back