Racing February Daily Punt - The Messiah Returns (Winx not Palcatino)

Remove this Banner Ad

1477629937855.jpg

before anyone gets mad i'm looking forward to Comin' Through being retired at the end of this prep. will be a very sought after stallion pretty keen on his chances in a Guineas and a Winx Placing/s.

Michael Walker is a stable booking right? Or has Bowman picked Omei?

On another note Kevin Casey once again confirms he is by FAR the worst of the major tipsters in Best Bets.

How the feck anyone could have Guest of Honour anywhere near top rated in the EP (even before Omei came out) is truly staggering.

those timeform ratings for 2yo's are a ******* disgrace. what is this bloke smoking. Menari nearly gets rated equally to Extreme Choice's first few runs despite not even winning and the overall time some 8L off Scarlet Rain first up after 12 months off. Chauffer > EC = Capitalist???? it's been beaten twice.............. i had to actually look up chauffeur to make sure i had the right horse.

Last edited:
those timeform ratings for 2yo's are a ******* disgrace. what is this bloke smoking. Menari nearly gets rated equally to Extreme Choice's first few runs despite not even winning and the overall time some 8L off Scarlet Rain first up after 12 months off. Chauffer > EC = Capitalist???? it's been beaten twice.............. i had to actually look up chauffeur to make sure i had the right horse.

Haha same! I thought it must have been some Hayes/Dab or Waller/Gai horse that had hosed up in a no name 2yo race over Xmas and it had missed it.

I think the article was trying to get at the fact that all the 2yo ratings are largely irrelevant until the slipper/BD anyway when they suddenly 'magically' improve by 12 pounds.

Haha same! I thought it must have been some Hayes/Dab or Waller/Gai horse that had hosed up in a no name 2yo race over Xmas and it had missed it.

I think the article was trying to get at the fact that all the 2yo ratings are largely irrelevant until the slipper/BD anyway when they suddenly 'magically' improve by 12 pounds.

nah they're just mentally challenged, it's all well and good to underestimate them but do it consistently year to year and race to race.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's similar in the UK - Derby/Guineas winner suddenly a 10 pound better horse.

Yeah I don't have a problem with the instant improvement moreso have a problem with them saying these horses are equal if not better than last year.

Only one I can make a case for is she will reign and they don't even have her top!

Surprised Derryn isn't actually a bit shorter, thought he was much better suited than his rivals in the 7th race.

Hard to stomach the price for Duke Of Brunswick in the last after getting 5's last start and then hear the jockey question his courage. I'm probably with him again but deadset D-Day.

Other play looks like Chance To Dance who looks hard to beat if he handles the backup.

Surprised Derryn isn't actually a bit shorter, thought he was much better suited than his rivals in the 7th race.

Hard to stomach the price for Duke Of Brunswick in the last after getting 5's last start and then hear the jockey question his courage. I'm probably with him again but deadset D-Day.

Other play looks like Chance To Dance who looks hard to beat if he handles the backup.

Derryn poison unders for mine - but can see why many punters have got sucked into him. Have to be on Morton's given he has CT form and Hey Doc turned it up big time over the Flemington carnival.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back