Fifa 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they would have fixed that error. In the demo I could score from that distance nearly every time with Lampard.

Hows this for realism. I am 18 games into my first Be A Pro season with Villa and guess who is bottom with no wins and 8 draws......Manchester United!

Apparently Sir Alex hasn't been able to get enough time added on to score goals.:D
Reserves or seniors?

God I'm getting pissed off at the shooting in this. I'm missing the most ridiculously easy shots at goal. I'll play a game, have 10+ shots on target and be lucky to score one of them. And whats with corners and crosses? its near impossible to score

I just snapped fifa09.

Absolutely sick of it. In MM with United, won the F.A cup against Portsmouth, good game. Score was 2-1 in extra time thanks to a double from Berbatov. Then first game of season against Liverpool... Absolute joke, I had hardly no possesion, something like 35% and got no shots on target with them getting a goal because VDS kicked a goal kick out straight to Torres who lollypopped it back for a goal.. 0-1. Frustrating.

Next match is Chelsea, I hit the bar 3 times! Including an open goal chance with Owen which resulted in hitting the cross bar then somehow hitting the upright then being cleared... They get another cheersy goal with Drogba getting on a ridiculous run off a (near) field long through ball. 0-1 the final score. By this time I'm throwing my controller at the wall...

Next up.. Everton. Now I thought this would be a good game.. Nope. Every pass just gets picked off, every through ball gets picked off, every tackle I give results in a free kick, every time I make a run with Valencia or Nani they get barged off the ball and fall to the fliping ground. Yakubu or whatever his name is scores a joke of a goal before half time..0-1. A cross from Arteta is headed by Crouch but VDS saves it, but cant hold on, so Cahill goes the header, same thing happens, rebounds off, then Yakubu runs in about 20m and gets a clear header off and goes in with my 'keeper just leaving the goal open.

At this stage I throw the controller, press eject on the Xbox and snap this disc in about 4 pieces.

**** you Fifa.

I just snapped fifa09.

Absolutely sick of it. In MM with United, won the F.A cup against Portsmouth, good game. Score was 2-1 in extra time thanks to a double from Berbatov. Then first game of season against Liverpool... Absolute joke, I had hardly no possesion, something like 35% and got no shots on target with them getting a goal because VDS kicked a goal kick out straight to Torres who lollypopped it back for a goal.. 0-1. Frustrating.

Next match is Chelsea, I hit the bar 3 times! Including an open goal chance with Owen which resulted in hitting the cross bar then somehow hitting the upright then being cleared... They get another cheersy goal with Drogba getting on a ridiculous run off a (near) field long through ball. 0-1 the final score. By this time I'm throwing my controller at the wall...

Next up.. Everton. Now I thought this would be a good game.. Nope. Every pass just gets picked off, every through ball gets picked off, every tackle I give results in a free kick, every time I make a run with Valencia or Nani they get barged off the ball and fall to the fliping ground. Yakubu or whatever his name is scores a joke of a goal before half time..0-1. A cross from Arteta is headed by Crouch but VDS saves it, but cant hold on, so Cahill goes the header, same thing happens, rebounds off, then Yakubu runs in about 20m and gets a clear header off and goes in with my 'keeper just leaving the goal open.

At this stage I throw the controller, press eject on the Xbox and snap this disc in about 4 pieces.

**** you Fifa.
Dude, all the problems you have just described have happened to me today in 10. It's just gunna happen.

And what makes it worse is being angry. If your not in the right mood to play a game at a high level you will play badly.

Any money you would have won those games if you weren't pissed off, hungry, tired etc. It sounds stupid but its true.

The days of me going ballistic is well and truly over, waste of energy and if damage is done, money. I blew my poo poo valve at the final boss stage of MGS4 ages ago and I vowed to never do it again.

I would say go to sleep or grab some food and try again, but its clearly too late for that.

God I'm getting pissed off at the shooting in this. I'm missing the most ridiculously easy shots at goal. I'll play a game, have 10+ shots on target and be lucky to score one of them. And whats with corners and crosses? its near impossible to score
Agree with some of that. The shooting is VERY, VERY hard this year. Even one on one's are becoming a DO NOT WANT stage.

I think I had about 15-20 shots in an A-League game the other day and only got about 1 goal. I have missed some dolly shots on goal too.

A lot of it I think will come down to just getting used to the shooting and working it out. I seem to shoot better online that I do in any other mode.

I really want to nail a shot from outside the box so I do take a few more pot shot hope chances that I probably should.

I am actually finding corners and crosses probably my best chance at scoring though. Have had some great opportunities to actually get a goal, but my heading is way off and they almost always balloon right off the players head and over the goals.

LOL at Jordan's ragequit/literal snap! I would say just turn the difficulty down, but obviously is a bit late.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive gotten my shooting pretty good, from range as well. Scored some very satisfying goals today. Down 1-0 early in my Newcastle MM, my new signing someone Zucilini gets on the end of a good Kevin Nolan cross to head back over his head past the uprooted keeper. Then in the 85th my other signing Cristiano (not the Adelaide one) tries to skilled dribble through causing the ball to bobble up just outside the D. Zucilini bursts onto it again and with a first time smack he drills it low past the keeper to take the three points.

Despite its niggles, this game is producing more exciting moments and genuine excitement than any football game Ive played. To complement this, you have to expect some down patches, but I agree with gouldy, if Im iritable in any way I play shizen. I really need to be comitted to concentrating and playing properly or I just angry and lose.

Dude, all the problems you have just described have happened to me today in 10. It's just gunna happen.

And what makes it worse is being angry. If your not in the right mood to play a game at a high level you will play badly.

Any money you would have won those games if you weren't pissed off, hungry, tired etc. It sounds stupid but its true.

The days of me going ballistic is well and truly over, waste of energy and if damage is done, money. I blew my poo poo valve at the final boss stage of MGS4 ages ago and I vowed to never do it again.

I would say go to sleep or grab some food and try again, but its clearly too late for that.
I'm actually angry so thats probably why I've lost and lost the plot.

Add to the fact my mum hasn't made my dinner (I sound like a 10yo :s), so I'm absolutely starving... Add to the fact I had to spend my last 150 bucks today which means my weekend is ****ed...

Ah well.

@619, I was playing on World Class when I had this rage, if I turn it down I just win 3-0 every game.

Add to the fact my mum hasn't made my dinner (I sound like a 10yo :s), so I'm absolutely starving... Add to the fact I had to spend my last 150 bucks today which means my weekend is ****ed...

Ah well.

@619, I was playing on World Class when I had this rage, if I turn it down I just win 3-0 every game.
Yeah Im with you. I play WC but I tend to lose a fair few games there, but if I consolidate on Pro then I dominate everything, and its no fun

I know. But at least you'd still have a (full working) disc.:eek::p
Despite its niggles, this game is producing more exciting moments and genuine excitement than any football game Ive played.
I certainly still agree with this despite my shooting for goal gripes right now.

I started a MM with Melbourne Victory and in our Friendlies pre-season games we went up against Aston Villa (Possibly their reserves team as they were rated a 3 and a half on the star rating). A team I was well and truly expecting a 4 or 5-0 defeat to. But I managed to play REALLY well. Had solid defence and was getting a lot of genuine shots on goal but probably missing due to the worse skill of the Victory players. Villa got a good goal from a stupid free kick I gave away (Stupid on my part, not the Ref's). And was looking all but out of the match until the 93rd minute I managed to get a lucky pass right into Fab's and he put the ball into the back of the net securing me a 1-1 draw. Sure it wasn't a win but it did feel like it considering that the Villa team were a better rated team than Victory and I did end up playing a lot better than I thought it just felt really great to have got the 1-1 draw and I wasn't disappointed in the many chances I had stuffed.

SOMEHOW IVE MANAGED TO BE SACKED :mad:

I was 3 points clear in the league on equal games , In the Semis of the league cup BUT i did experinment against Norwich in the first round of the FA Cup and lost 2-0

then

they let me play the first leg on the league cup semi which i won 3-0 and theyve given me the flick

absolutely shattered,

Ive been playing on legendary so it took me a while to get the squad into good form for it all to go to crap even though i was clearly on track for the double

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Definitely harder to score. Which is a good thing and a bad thing. I don't mind that it's hardr to score off of your boot, but crosses and corners are riddiculous. I'll cross 50 and be lucky to score 2.

Also at times the comp is unstopable with their passing, you just have to wait for them to make a mistake.

Definitely enjoy the game though, sitting about 6th in the league with Spurs which is pretty realistic. Looking for a top 4 ;).

No injuries yet really, aprart from the odd one that only lasts the rest of the game it occurs in.

Also wtf is with the form? It is constantly down, no matter whether I'm winning or losing?

Ah well.

Stoned again? :p

SOMEHOW IVE MANAGED TO BE SACKED :mad:

I was 3 points clear in the league on equal games , In the Semis of the league cup BUT i did experinment against Norwich in the first round of the FA Cup and lost 2-0

then

they let me play the first leg on the league cup semi which i won 3-0 and theyve given me the flick

absolutely shattered,

Ive been playing on legendary so it took me a while to get the squad into good form for it all to go to crap even though i was clearly on track for the double

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Wow this is the worst case I've seen. Makes me think I've got buckleys in m Man Utd MM. I'm sitting 7th after 3 games :(. Slowly climbing back though. Doesn't help that Owen seems to take 15 shots before he gets one in.

Does anyone else fall to bits in the last few mins??! I swear I have been scored on 10+ times in 85+ mins zone. It's like they get this extra dose of skill.

Haha at the guy that snapped the disc, i feel for you all too well buddy i am a bit of an aggro, lucky I haven't really like snapped at fifa 10 yet, does game guarantee cover snapped discs :D

Anyway, i find the keeping and shooting to be like completely inconsistent. I have better chance of scoring 30+ yarders than like 1 on 1s its a bit strange, always kicking it right at keeper, then you place it and it goes like the wrong side you are aiming for. In regards to keepers, they pull off these bullshit saves but when its a shot in the box or whatever , you rush them out or watever they dont close the player well enough its hard to explain but they are very soft and its frustrating.

As for headers/corners/crossing - do you "tap" header or do you "press" it if you get me. Like tapping as in repetitively or press it once, I used to spam it and had very little luck, now i press it once (doesnt have to be great timing) and ive scored quite a few headers now which is cool.

Oh and I will say for the 100th time, the refs are still so ****ing bad. Seriously the only major problem I have. they hack me and nothing, i do 50/50 or lesser challenges and its instant free. Needs to be addressed. Get barged like **** when im running in on goal, i do it to them and its like "Rabble rabble rabble rabble!"

Other things, don't you think that when the computer like boots it/clears it, most of the time it lands perfectly to a player, same with like deflections, seem to land randomly to a players feet. Hitting the post a lot as well, and the computer is like super pro with free kicks, 98% of the time its a goal or hits bar/post.

Good commentary here "heads it with his head"

Haha at the guy that snapped the disc, i feel for you all too well buddy i am a bit of an aggro, lucky I haven't really like snapped at fifa 10 yet, does game guarantee cover snapped discs :D

Anyway, i find the keeping and shooting to be like completely inconsistent. I have better chance of scoring 30+ yarders than like 1 on 1s its a bit strange, always kicking it right at keeper, then you place it and it goes like the wrong side you are aiming for. In regards to keepers, they pull off these bullshit saves but when its a shot in the box or whatever , you rush them out or watever they dont close the player well enough its hard to explain but they are very soft and its frustrating.

As for headers/corners/crossing - do you "tap" header or do you "press" it if you get me. Like tapping as in repetitively or press it once, I used to spam it and had very little luck, now i press it once (doesnt have to be great timing) and ive scored quite a few headers now which is cool.

Oh and I will say for the 100th time, the refs are still so ****ing bad. Seriously the only major problem I have. they hack me and nothing, i do 50/50 or lesser challenges and its instant free. Needs to be addressed. Get barged like **** when im running in on goal, i do it to them and its like "Rabble rabble rabble rabble!"
Yeah the AI doesn't seem to be able to register that even if the original tackle was clean, you can't just run through a player. That happens to me a lot.

I read a thread somewhere that when heading from corners and crosses, to aim back towards where the ball came from sorta, except more towards the goal. So if the ball comes from the left corner and ur facing left of scree, aim diagonally down-left. and vica versa for the right side.

I just played a game where I put in about 15 crosses, none of which got anywhere near a goal. I tried late ones, flat ones, early ones, short one, long ones.... DONUTS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back