First coach to be sacked 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched Port for the first time this year today and based on that performance cant see anything to suggest that they have improved. They were woeful.
Brisbane are looking pretty poor as well.

I would say one of or both Primus and Voss will be departing this year.

nah they arent.

couple more losses and they`ll roll over and cop the 100pt hidings again when they give up.

Primus deserves to go, but Port cant sack him. The AFL had to pay for Ports assistant coaches coz they have no money, wont be able to pay out a contract for Primus then have to pay for a decent coach

Learn a couple things before you post bud! We won't suffer a 100+ point loss all season, port do have a clause in Matt's contract at year end and I do believe that the salaries for our assistant coaches are paid from the PAFC! :rolleyes:

I just can't see him succeeding at Melbourne.

He might do better with a different list, but I honestly can't see him succeeding.

I can see him losing the playing group before they improve.

That's just my opinion however.

Heard the same sentiment on the radio when they played a bit of Neeld's opening speech to the players. The played a part where he was telling players to toe the line or they won't play. The pea heart commentators where saying 'oh where's the positive stuff? Oh no, that's no good, he'll lose the players etc'

A load of BS. Neeld not only has to change the playing style, structures etc but he also has to change the mindset of the players. He walked into a mess and only realised how bad it was when he walked in as the coach. Most of it, I believe, was in the heads of the players. If he loses the players, it will be their doing, not his.

Could be the fact we have the second youngest list in the AFL.

Let's sack Mckenna and Sheedy as well then, They're not going to win many games either.

At the end of the day the coaching position is the scape goat and if you swapped Voss with Chris Scott I guarantee results wouldn't change.

absolutely the dumbest thing i have read on bigfooty this year.

Voss and Primus would be the obvious candidates.

Can't really see the other coaches being in trouble.

Neeld will get plenty of time. The players and that nebulous concept 'club culture' will get the blame for their results in his first season (and rightly so).

Buckley is an interesting one. But they'd have to finish outside the eight and Eddie would have to admit he got it wrong (getting rid of Mick), for that to happen. Don't realistically see either happening, though not beyond the realms of possibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh that must have been part of the findings of the post season internal review.... conducted by Michael Voss

'it's not me, it's everybody else'

Get real...Voss did not conduct the review...he was interviewed by the panel that did.

In regard to your earlier silly post about "Voss" trading away a year's draft picks,Brisbane drafted Bartlett,Harwood,O'Brien Retzlaff,Maguire and Hanley(elevated from Rookie list) in the National Draft that year and,among others,Claye Beams and Golby (both since elevated to the senior list) in the Rookie Draft ...that is 7 young players plus Maguire have been added to the senior list out of one years drafting...how many more do you want?

AND McKeever and Dyson still on the rookie list from that year with McKeever elevated for the year to cover for the long term injury to Staker and Dyson close to the best Lions reserves player in the last 2 games...my suggestion...delete all reference to that particular nonsense in future.

Surprise surprise you did not mention the 2 successful trades Staker and Raines.

BTW I'm sure Voss and his 2002 team mates will have a great 10 year Premiership anniversary celebration this year.

Primus first not sure how he still has a job.
Voss should be under more pressure but he aint.
Mckenna seems under the pump, not sure why.
A lot of heat will come down on Ratten if Carlton have a poor finals series.

Get real...Voss did not conduct the review...he was interviewed by the panel that did.

In regard to your earlier silly post about "Voss" trading away a year's draft picks,Brisbane drafted Bartlett,Harwood,O'Brien Retzlaff,Maguire and Hanley(elevated from Rookie list) in the National Draft that year and,among others,Claye Beams and Golby (both since elevated to the senior list) in the Rookie Draft ...that is 7 young players plus Maguire have been added to the senior list out of one years drafting...how many more do you want?

AND McKeever and Dyson still on the rookie list from that year with McKeever elevated for the year to cover for the long term injury to Staker and Dyson close to the best Lions reserves player in the last 2 games...my suggestion...delete all reference to that particular nonsense in future.

Surprise surprise you did not mention the 2 successful trades Staker and Raines.

BTW I'm sure Voss and his 2002 team mates will have a great 10 year Premiership anniversary celebration this year.

In what universe is trading for Raines successful?

In what universe is trading for Raines successful?

The trade might not be great but you have to admit Voss is getting more out of him than Wallace did.

I am suprised that he has become a regular in the side.

I dont see McKenna so much under the pump. Its just that the board dont come out and give the glowing appraisals of their coach that other sides do. Clubs usually talk up their coach.

Malcolm Blight has simply said that he has ticked alot of boxes. Maybe that is just their way. Cannot see them replacing him with an impressive assistant at another club just like he was. Wouldnt replace him with Matthews or Malthouse even if they were interested.

absolutely the dumbest thing i have read on bigfooty this year.
This is the dumbest thing I've read on bigfooty this year as well.

How odd, Chris Scott got the absolute luxury of being given the best team in the comp and the second best team ever since the AFL inception.

Michael Voss got a s**t side into the 8 in his first year and then stuffed up once with the Fevola trade.

Since then we've been doing the normal rebuild phase and we're into our second year (2011-2012) since 2010 was the year we collapsed after our 4-0 start.

Anyone could coach Geelong, they're a great side.

Chris Scott coaching the Brisbane Lions this present day during the rebuild phase, results wouldn't change.

Just like Dean Bailey and Mark Neeld, What change has happened their?

Can't see any going this year. Possibly Voss, but that's it. Think Primus is doing a fantastic job at Port. Give him another contract ASAP. Taking the rabble of last year, with a decaying culture, and turning them into a strong, competitive side this year as he has is a great achievement.

Has to be Voss. Although I reckon he won't get sacked, it will be something like "has decided to quit for the better of the club" or some bullshit like that so we dont offend the great Michael Voss and he still comes across like such a champion bloke.

The sooner he goes, the sooner we can rebuild properly. Have been rebuilding since 2005 yet we are further behind than ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back