Review First Preliminary Final, 2017: Box Hill Hawks v Richmond Tigers, 16 September 2017, 2.40pm @ NPO

Remove this Banner Ad

There is simply more at stake if you are (a) a stand alone VFL side, or (b) an AFL reserves side when your team is still in the AFL finals. Box Hill are in the worst possible position being an AFL reserves side where the rest of the team/club are off having a holiday. Once the AFL season is done it can't help but take a bit of the air out of the balloon I reckon, even if it is subconscious. The week off wouldn't have helped. Had a bit of a feeling this might happen today.

Thought the same myself - all your mates are off overseas relaxing and the week off wouldn't have helped with that. We saw the flow on benefits when our own boys were playing finals and there's a few boys here that still hold hopes of playing afl if god forbid any injuries occur.

They've also done their homework on the Hawks game plan so kudos to them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite so far is that the Swans finals record is better than Hawthorn's since he made the move. And I'm not allowed to include that we won flags but because that's irrelevant

Hahaha fair dinkum?

Just goes to show the intelligence or lack thereof from those moronic supporters.

Perhaps if God had given all the swans supporters 10% extra brain cells like the COLA they would be in a lot better position to make informed opinions.

One team turned up and played like they were fighting for a spot in a grand final, and the other team was Box Hill.

A lot of fired up AFL listed tiger players who are not just playing for a VFL GF spot, but a potential AFL GF spot goes part way to explaining the intensity difference today.

My favourite so far is that the Swans finals record is better than Hawthorn's since he made the move. And I'm not allowed to include that we won flags but because that's irrelevant
Well, you can't argue with stats.

Or idiots.

18 mins into the last quarter, Box Hill 45 Richmond 116
Youch

Oh well, it's been a pretty good season from the lads, lost a couple of key players here and there due to injury or injuries at Hawthorn, and did very well to claim second spot

Newman has shown he has all the tools to be a very good coach so hopefully another preseason with the squad can set them up for another crack at it next year

Also haven't mentioned the great young players we've unearthed with their performances for BH this year

It's a poor way to bow out but there has certainly been positives all the way through the season

There's a nice thread on how Buddy will soon eclipse a number of great players on goals kicked in finals.
A couple laughing that he's close to Dunstall's total, and how funny it would be if Jase was commenting on the game.

Hey Swan fans, Buddy has to actually kick goals to break any records!

;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back