Recommitted Fischer McAsey - signed contract extension until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Not surprising he has not done much. He was a first year Key Position player. Those sort of players usually don't come on until they are 22 or 23.
The concern is he doesn’t appear to have any elite traits to transfer to afl level. He’s very very slow, moves like a statue and doesn’t read the ball in flight particularly well. Does he have enough to overcome the athletic concerns? He made his name in his draft year with his intercept marking but a few draft watchers attributed that to some very average opposing key forwards and some very poor ball use.

Berry went at pick 28 not 40. Regardless you offered a pick you knew was unders, as you could take him in the pre-season draft. If the same thing happens to you with McAsey, it's football karma in my book.
what..Karma for losing greenwood the year before when GC were flush with all sorts of better end picks, they told us take a 3rd and future 4th (they were using neither) or we will get him in the PSD..that Karma?

what..Karma for losing greenwood the year before when GC were flush with all sorts of better end picks, they told us take a 3rd and future 4th (they were using neither) or we will get him in the PSD..that Karma?
So your saying you did the same thing Gold Coast did to you? Well clearly if your club believes it's a worthwhile strategy you won't begrudge another team doing it to you. By the way, the trade for Greenwood was fair in my book.

So your saying you did the same thing Gold Coast did to you? Well clearly if your club believes it's a worthwhile strategy you won't begrudge another team doing it to you. By the way, the trade for Greenwood was fair in my book.
read the post - gold coast low balled us just the year before. Difference was we took the scraps. GWS chose not to with Hately. So the Karma post was just trolling rubbish

well it is going to depend how angry the club are about possibly losing him for nothing..but if nothing else it becomes a bargaining chip or at least removes that threat being used by other clubs
Losing a list spot to a kid who is going to poison culture for 2 years is far worse than losing out on a pick.

In any case, most clubs aren't going to walk anyone to a draft. You'll get something that isn't insulting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing a list spot to a kid who is going to poison culture for 2 years is far worse than losing out on a pick.

In any case, most clubs aren't going to walk anyone to a draft. You'll get something that isn't insulting.
I don't actually begrudge McAsey heading home with his father being as ill as he is. I'd like to think the club and McAsey's manager can work together to help facilitate the move. I like to think a late 1st or early 2nd is about where the value sits - no chance it is any higher unless he plays out his skin this year which with his old man being unwell may play on him and not allow him to see his best footy

read the post - gold coast low balled us just the year before. Difference was we took the scraps. GWS chose not to with Hately. So the Karma post was just trolling rubbish
Every team loses 27 year old fringe players for scraps, not hard to find examples. An apples to apples example is Hately to McAsey, both 1st round picks who want to return home after 2 years or potentially so in McAseys case. I'm saying don't bleat if you're offered a pick in the mid 30's that you believe isn't fair value. You should just accept it, same as you believe GWS should have.

I don't actually begrudge McAsey heading home with his father being as ill as he is. I'd like to think the club and McAsey's manager can work together to help facilitate the move. I like to think a late 1st or early 2nd is about where the value sits - no chance it is any higher unless he plays out his skin this year which with his old man being unwell may play on him and not allow him to see his best footy
Wasn't aware his father was ill. Bit unfortunate. You should seriously train everyone to block space for him and park him as a loose 7th defender. Should crank his value and mitigate some losing margins at the same time

Wasn't aware his father was ill. Bit unfortunate. You should seriously train everyone to block space for him and park him as a loose 7th defender. Should crank his value and mitigate some losing margins at the same time
If his mind is legitimately elsewhere, then I think it will be a case of playing out time and I am thinking the reason the crows took Murray just recently was in part to mitigate against McAsey's eventual loss - ie get a key defender (Murray) in who they can work with all year

I Am sure there is some bad blood between The Crows and Saints after The Crouch fiasco.

If I am Adelaide I would simply refuse to even discuss negotiations with St Kilda as a matter of principal.

In an ideal world, Collingwood and Hawthorn should be interested, they seem like much fairer and reasonable to deal with than say The Bulldogs or St Kilda (of late)
No bad blood at all between the clubs themselves, just a few Crows fans made arses of themselves being so adamant that Crouch was a band #1 compo and that the Crows were certainties to get pick #2.

Tough situation for Adelaide if these reports are true. Hasn't set the world on fire but not many year 1 KPP's do.

On a wider level I am not sure that "just draft South Australians" is the best strategy to adopt. Might be better to look at the club and the way players are treated and work out why so many players want to leave, then fix that.

Tough situation for Adelaide if these reports are true. Hasn't set the world on fire but not many year 1 KPP's do.

On a wider level I am not sure that "just draft South Australians" is the best strategy to adopt. Might be better to look at the club and the way players are treated and work out why so many players want to leave, then fix that.

They need to look at what gold coast are going. Genuinely believe their core group that has been drafted the last few years will stay there with the culture they are building

Pick 40 in the last draft was just dressing nothing up as something so you can pretend you're trading in good faith. Did it even get used? If it did was it on a player that they definitely couldn't have taken as a rookie? They exploited a loophole that shouldn't exist. It just really, really irks me.

Hately isn't even tracking to make the round 1 team that finished bottom last year and is on track for a repeat performance. What pick should have we given up?

Hately isn't even tracking to make the round 1 team that finished bottom last year and is on track for a repeat performance. What pick should have we given up?
Yeah I'm not sure what has happened to him but on his gws performances, breaking into their midfield for a number of games and being not bad when there that's picks fairly insulting. Virtually none of names selected where that pick would have been had any actual form to show, they're basically rookie picks from about pick 35 in that draft. In a good draft a pick 40 would probably be better than nothing but in that draft a pick in the 20s would have been around the mark.

In any case this is about McAsey not Hately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back