Recommitted Lachie Schultz [triggered an extension until 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

The GOAT AFL article comes through once again, won't be going anywhere this year

About to hit his trigger for a 3rd year

He ain't getting dropped so the only thing stopping him is injury

Revisit the thread in a year I guess
just cos you meet a trigger doesn't mean you automatically become contracted the player is still out of contract until they agree to take up the next year triggered

just cos you meet a trigger doesn't mean you automatically become contracted the player is still out of contract until they agree to take up the next year triggered
That's not how triggers work at AFL

If he hits the trigger then it automatically extends him

The way the law is written means that a trigger can't be laid out with the opportunity for each party to say no, it has to be an automatic extension once the trigger is hit

From memory, the only time it worked like this is with Josh Kelly and that's because the way it was done was the contract was drawn and handshaked upon for Kelly to sign when he wanted. Your describing an option which is technically not allowed by the AFL. Standard triggers I believe are different

Confirmation that when Shoota takes the field tonight he will hit a trigger for next year

Also confirmation on how triggers work, we knew it already but there were some doubters

Mods please update the the UFA tag

Very good player. Why on earth was he delisted?
Was technically never delisted, he was one of those players that were moved to the rookie list at the end of a season due to list cuts in 2020

So altho he gets DFA, he was never available for another club to poach

Worked out well for shoota tho, helped his bargaining power massively

Was technically never delisted, he was one of those players that were moved to the rookie list at the end of a season due to list cuts in 2020

So altho he gets DFA, he was never available for another club to poach

Worked out well for shoota tho, helped his bargaining power massively
Thought you had to be added back via the rookie draft? All good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately this felt like it was coming but genuinely thought we would get another year out of him, bet he's disappointed he hit that trigger in the end lol

Unusual choice of the Pies, they are stacked for smalls but I guess he's a direct upgrade on Ginnivan and fits their style. Would have liked to see him at the Blues, our half forwards are ordinary at best compared to most top 8 teams.

Unusual choice of the Pies, they are stacked for smalls but I guess he's a direct upgrade on Ginnivan and fits their style. Would have liked to see him at the Blues, our half forwards are ordinary at best compared to most top 8 teams.
How do you think ours will look now without Schultz :p

Elliot successor and will play in front of Ginnivan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back