Remove this Banner Ad

Since the topic was started, the ALP has won seven straight elections:

October 2020 - Qld - increased majority for a long term government
March 2021 - WA - the notorious ultra mega landslide
May 2022 - Federal - decisive win
March 2022 - SA - ending a one term coalition government
November 2022 - Vic - increased majority for a long term government
March 2023 - NSW - decisive win
March 2023 - Aston by-election - first by-election won by a government from the opposition in over 100 years
lol. How about he wins a second seat before he starts worrying about power sharing.

Is four seats with a primary vote that is now more than a third of the major parties okay now?

Labor has a majority, the discussion is moot

what button of yours have I pressed that now you are suddenly bumping my old posts

The topic appeared and your post was on the first page. Wasn't me that bumped this thread initially.

The Greens are decidedly on the right path - they may never form a coalition, much less government in their own right, but a third party sitting at 10-15% consistently each election and winning a handful of seats wields significant influence. They also look to have established a permanent substantial crossbench presence in the Senate, given ongoing voting trends.

Since we're revisiting old posts in this thread...

I think you've misunderstood what I meant. I blame them for existing, for exempting themselves from the Labor movement and from the Labor party. I blame them for the dilution of the Labor left and the rise of the Labor right. I blame them because of their inability to compromise, which has destroyed Labor's chances in a federal context for a decade or more.
Are you still as unhappy with the Greens now that Labor has majority government again and the Greens have compromised with them numerous times?

And, seeing as neoliberals have once again taken over the UK Labour Party and dominate the direction it takes, do you think the "turn the party left from within" brigade would have really had a chance in Australian Labor even if the Greens didn't exist?

Are you still as unhappy with the Greens now that Labor has majority government again and the Greens have compromised with them numerous times?
Short answer: kind of.

Long answer: it's complicated.

If they intended o compromise to obtain a seat at the table, why the * didn't they do that to ******* begin with???

The entirety of my gripe with them boils down to the fact that they abandoned the labour movement to stand on principle out of an inability to compromise in certain areas; if they're willing to compromise now, what precisely is the point - beyond sunk costs - of a continued schism of the left in Australia?
And, seeing as neoliberals have once again taken over the UK Labour Party and dominate the direction it takes, do you think the "turn the party left from within" brigade would have really had a chance in Australian Labor even if the Greens didn't exist?
I think it would certainly have been an uphill battle, but alternate histories are only as interesting as their potential 'what if's are in isolation.

I'm more concerned - really - that the Greens have also started to compromise to neoliberal Labor, when they've actually seen electoral success by virtue of standing on principle. The Greens serve as the only strong mainstream left wing political force in Australian politics, given the predominance within Labor of neoliberal economic thought; we kind of need them not to compromise, in order to pull Labor - kicking and screaming if necessary - further left. There's a nascient opportunity within the electorate for reform and policy bravery at present, and IMO it's being wasted out of fear of the toothless tiger that is Murdoch and the IPA in an online environment that simply don't read the tabloids, listen to or watch the news.

Could be the Greens leadership are as cognisant of how fighting Gillard as hard as they did went for Australia, and they are doing in their own minds whatever they can to keep the Coalition out of power federally, but that would take a degree of decency/good leadership/altruism that I'm not sure is present in political circles.

I'd like to think it could be at some point, though.

Thats a big statement, and in general rubbish about bigotry in little towns of course bigotry is everywhere , as you just were then with that comments labelling country people???! Oh Climate action doesn't exist , climate change is a known its been here forever!

But you would have to admit that what ever type of minority any human is, they seem these days to be the front line of every debate on earth.
Disregard the millions perhaps that follow BLM?
Which I guess is not really classed a small operation, as it has spread all over the world and sent some people off on the wrong track completely.
Turning some of them into the same racist mode they are trying to educate everyone out of!!!
They in some cases actually become the racists.

Then you get their partners in crime, inciting them , the whities that are so left winged they have no idea of what is real or not.

But the initial BLM probably had its roots in George Floyd , and other police shootings that happened its all numbers and nothing proven with statistics.
Besides the fact that humans kill humans, what ever they are. And for BLM stats, the numbers don't add up.
And human on human has its numbers calculated on white on black, white on white, black on black, add Asian and Latino
people you have a conglomeration that tells a different story than all the protesting and hatred and killing that went on afterwards. Have a think?

But the former ALP.... and Albo.... wouldn't dare say anything like that, because of its brainwashed base, would "woke" them oput of their own seat!

Unfortunately in Aus , the LNP will probably get roped into this signing off on a "Glasgow" agreement on emissions, heh heh heh?

Why? Well its because the masses, who have been indoctrinated by MINORITIES, HAVE GOT THE LNP RUNNING SCARED. MORRISON THINKS HE'S PLEASING THE MAIN STREAM SILENT MAJORITY, but, those who are the silent majority look at this cult, of the minorities and cult of climate change and panic and child frightening, yes, all born of minorities.

It seems the LNP think these fanatics have sucked all their voters into a Green direction?

But and the LNP could be mistaken and should follow through on staying with fossil fuels until renewables become totally reliable and cheap or until this idiotic paranoid fear of nuclear energy is over run by common sense.

So in a sense Labor has had a win even if it doesn't win office, because our government with our minuscule emission give off,
is terrified of losing because of left green and other types of minorities that use any type of argument that is not ACTUAL
But uses a might be could be maybe, or just a lie and wrong. Like vanishing polar bears and Islands.

I would hate to see the state of this country if Albanese got into office, he is not capable.

What the ALP needs is a total clean out. Get back to what it is,no, I should I say what it was. aLL THE SAME OLD SAME OLD FACES THE PENNY'S AND TANYA'S THE MARLE'S THE KENNEALY'S AND THE OTHER, JUST BORING NO POLICY RABBLE , WHO CAN DO NOTHING IN A PANDEMIC BUT RUBBISH EVERY THING EVERY ONE, to bash the government , and not help, is that the crap that the ALP has become? Yes!

Maybe thats what Fitzgibbon sees, being from a seat that relies on industry and mining
Yet his left wing mates will cut him out, from belly to throat, but thats the New ALP these days?

Lets hope this new cultish ALP won't GET IN.
Because all the old heads even Bill Shorten are being a bit provocative, so who ever thinks that the ALP can't be split asunder, don't be too sure? That party has left lots and lots of its own followers, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
Saying where has my party gone?

Now give all that a go? Don't complain about my punctuation or drivel as some ignoramouse calls may stuff at times , just make a point if you have one? And I'll read the lot!
I think we are getting a icture in 2023 of what Albanese-Bowen are turning us to. Lies to get in, and bulldust promises, and the only thing they are doing right is the AUKUS deal, and out defence , China or no China we have to ave a deterrent , we are a country that has to learn to protect itself.

Unfortunately after all that stuff above the blind Aussie who believes everything put this rather unsatisfactory daydreamer Albanese in goivernment and now he wants to turn us into Aparheid , with one race having that "exrtre" say, not tnow or next year the constitution will change, doesn't affect 500,000 aboriginals, it affects every Australian citizen 25 million of us, its in the constitution and its racist. The bottomline. Yet Albanese and his never worked a day in his life lefty green union pollie life his past, sits up there with his silly grin and his new suit , oh and his passport ?

But he won't go to a NATO meeting what a dill, fair dinkum!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back