Prediction Footy Journalism 2016 - Who Is The Cluelessest Muppet?

Remove this Banner Ad

And, as i suspected might happen, here is our first anomaly: Robbo's list here is different to the list he prepared for the Herald Sun

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...c6d6cdbc6e2bc370c83756d825&memtype=registered

insofar as he has swapped the Bulldogs and Norf. Madness! Which do we believe?! His credibility is shot, or at least it would be if he had any after the Essendon* scandal.

But thank you, Gerard is added to my master list.

Geelong?!? Dude is on crack

Fair enough, he's a Geelong supporter and doesn't hide it. He even admitted he will always select them for the flag if they are remotely in the hunt, nothing wrong with that.
A cat wasn't harmed whilst reading this.

According to everyone we have no chance, not one of these muppets even tipped us to make the eight.

There are two Victorian clubs which did not make the eight last year which many pundits are tipping to make it this year ... Geelong and Collingwood. In order for those two sides to make the eight at least two of the sides which made the 8 last year would have to fall out of the eight.

The most likely sides to slide out of the eight this year compared to last year are: Adelaide, Bulldogs and North, perhaps Tigers. Only one of these sides is not Victorian.

Given the fact that, in order to appeal to Victorian readers, Victorian pundits are always going to tip at least one, if not two, out of Collingwood and Geelong to make the eight, this means they are going to have to tip one or two teams from last years final 8 to slide this year.

Guess which team is always going to be their first choice to slide out of the 8? Actual chances won't have much to do with this decision I would have thought.

Football is an industry in Victoria, the media are all muppets paid to facilitate that industry in Victoria.

For instance, Geelong are more broke than a meth heads dentist. The media will hype them so hopefully they sell memberships, attract ratings and sponsors and dont go insolvent. Just watch when they play us, the umpires will give them a free ride to do their bit for the Victorian football industry.

Using the AFL Ladder Predictor for 2016 I had Collingwood and GWS jumping in. Cats, Port, Sydney, Richmond all miss. I also had Brisbane, St Kilda, Carlton, Essendon and Melbourne really only having wins amongst themselves and comfortably in the bottom 5. Freo and WCE my top 2.

All the flagellation by Rucci, Rowe, Bickley, et al re Port being top 4 and dead certs to make the 8...and even with their soft fixture, only three of those FJs have them in the 8. While I think they are mostly self-appointed experts who are Vic-centric knobs, surely their chosen 8s are completely stuffed, proven by omitting Port. That means there's hope for us yet, or it could mean we shouldn't go to the footy this year now that we've been shown we're clearly not going to be making finals.:rolleyes:
Whether it will happen or not, the mere prospect shouldn't couldn't possibly deter someone like your good self - a fellow Panther supporter from watching their beloved team taking to the field. Panthers' abysmal win-loss record, with a percentage of something like 28 is the worst of any semi-professional state leage side in the country - will take some beating. I'm sure that until that point, and even further should Adelaide slide, you'll be there supporting them. It's what genuine supporters do.

Oh, and for what it's worth... I think the predictions about where Geelong will finish are completely ludicrous. I think Geelong will finish fifth or sixth and perhaps win one final. I certainly don't think we'll win the flag at this point in time. Danger is a gun and Zac Smith will also prove a massive inclusion - but predicting a flag is very premature. It should be noted that two out of those three "experts" are actually Geelong supporters. I don't think they can see past their own blinkers.

Whether it will happen or not, the mere prospect shouldn't couldn't possibly deter someone like your good self - a fellow Panther supporter from watching their beloved team taking to the field. Panthers' abysmal win-loss record, with a percentage of something like 28 is the worst of any semi-professional state leage side in the country - will take some beating. I'm sure that until that point, and even further should Adelaide slide, you'll be there supporting them. It's what genuine supporters do.

Oh, and for what it's worth... I think the predictions about where Geelong will finish are completely ludicrous. I think Geelong will finish fifth or sixth and perhaps win one final. I certainly don't think we'll win the flag at this point in time. Danger is a gun and Zac Smith will also prove a massive inclusion - but predicting a flag is very premature. It should be noted that two out of those three "experts" are actually Geelong supporters. I don't think they can see past their own blinkers.

Correct. Blood s**t or rain, I'm there.:D

On the subject of clueless muppets, anyone catch David Parkin mistaking Sydney's Michael Talia for Adelaide's Daniel Talia on this week's AFL: League Teams?

Apparently Daniel can improve his offensive game at the Swans and should be a good "back up".

Yeah. Daniel Talia in any AFL team would be a great "back up" defender Mr. Parkin.

The season's hardly started and we already have a contender for moron of the year. How did this bloke coach 4 premierships?

Seriously Parky.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, i just found another article, it was part of a lift-out of some sort in the local rag that i got somehow, not the same as a top 8 but a start:

Where will Adelaide finish?
Michelangelo Rucci - 7th
Andrew Capel - 8th

Reece Homfray - 9th
Dwayne Russell - 8th
Chris McDermott - 12th
Warren Tredrea - 10th
Mark Robinson - 10th
Jesper Fjeldstad - 3rd
Scott Walsh - 8th
Richard Earle - 8th

Graham Cornes - 10th
Kane Cornes - 8th
Mark Ricciuto - 8th

those in red think we'll make the finals.

The Results Are In!

Capture.PNG 226572_dafc9d0db360802ea660df35721552a6.PNG

Okay, we don't know the premier yet... but we can knock out David King, because Freo aren't even in the finals. What a loser.

Everyone got the spoon right. The only shock there was Brisbane got so close to beating them to the bottom.

The Brownlow hasn't been announced, but Dickfield has been raging favourite since about Round 2, and last I looked was $1.25 with Dusty $10, so no one picked him. Kudos for Brereton for picking Boak, maybe he thought the Brownlow was for "Best Effort in Allegedly Sleeping With Your VC's Missus and Tearing The Club Apart" award.

So, final 8 positions. Sydney came top. No one picked them to come top, and the following FJs didn't have Sydney in their top 8 at all: Gerard Whateley, Jay "Chronic Masturbator" Clark, Jon Anderson, Dermott Brereton. The closest anyone got to having them top... was Infra Ted , at 4th spot. Nice one Ted. Second came Geelong, which Slobbo and Dermott got exactly right, and only Shane Crawford didn't have them in the top 8 at all. Too much cross-dressing, not enough FJ-ing methinks. And everyone picked Fremantle to be a part of the action, which was a big no-no.

So, who got the most teams in the 8?

Infra Ted, Jonathan Brown, Slobbo, and Jon Ralph all got six. Everyone else got 5. The incorrect picks were mostly Richmond, Collingwood, and Port.

Of the four who got 6, only two men man picked more than one ladder position correctly...

...@Infra Ted, who correctly selected the Hawks to come third, and the Crows to come fifth (and Slobbo)

I hereby submit to you, the Adelaide BF board, that Infra Ted is smarter at being a footy journalist, than any of the so-called professionals currently plying their trade, and i have incontrovertible truth (well, he is technically the equal of Slobbo)

All hail Ted!!!

As if we needed MORE evidence to know that David King is clueless. Bad enough that he tipped Richmond for the top four.
Kingy is one of those guys that sounds impressive with his delivery... But when you actually listen to what he says, he really isn't that cluey.

Bump for season 2017

Premiers: Sydney

Top 8:
1. Sydney
2. GWS
3. Adelaide
4. West Coast
5. Geelong
6. Bulldogs
7. Hawthorn
8. Saints

Brownlow: