Footy Memory versus Normal Memory

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting thread. I sometimes cross-refer to events and what was going on in the footy at the time, but they always seem the same distance from now. To reference Arkangel's post, it could be I've been overseas so long I only experience Oz-related things like footy on TV.

Is Proust the avatar?

Gramsci, I think

It's kind of similar to the OP but kind of different, but what I often can do is link important events (even non-important) back to the footy that was on that day. I also use it to work out specific dates by linking them to a footy match that occurred around the time of the event

I remember meeting our future prime minister at a pub in richmond pretending he was a collingwood supporter. BS spoke to me about his days at xavier and all the great players that have come from the school. He went on to tell me in his very first game, that he had to play with a broken collar bone. Despite the injury he apparently went on to kick 15 goals that day.... Remarkably playing in the back pocket... ...including 8 In the first quarter... One of which he kicked from 70 metres out on the boundary line with his left foot after running the length of the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back