Games FPL 23/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane has a better fixture in 1, 3 and 4 IMO. Not sure its worth the shift in 2. Would look at 1 of them with an 8m midfield option like a Grelesh, Foden, Mahrez or Kulu. Only way to work it. If you locking in a transfer already, something always goes wrong in GW 1. You don't want to take a hit this early.

Fair enough, sorry haven't seen your draft so hard to suggest anything atm

Yeah all good that's why I was trying to step out the thought process above. Essentially there's too much sacrifice needed to have all of Son, Salah and Haaland so think the easier solution is start with Salah and Kane and consider shifting to Haaland if need be for the Bmouth fixture.

Kane has a better fixture in 1, 3 and 4 IMO. Not sure its worth the shift in 2. Would look at 1 of them with an 8m midfield option like a Grelesh, Foden, Mahrez or Kulu. Only way to work it. If you locking in a transfer already, something always goes wrong in GW 1. You don't want to take a hit this early.

Yeah that's the other alternative, bring a Foden or Mahrez in for Mount after GW1 if Mount underwhelms, especially with Spurs in GW2. That Everton fixture GW1 is juicy enough to start with him though.

I've changed my team a dozen times but this is what I have right now. My thinking is that Bowen is a bargain at 8.5 - only Salah, Son and TAA outscored him last season. I'm hoping Rashford gets back to best form and Bamford stays fit. Broja should get some games and goals for Chelsea. If he doesn't play Bailey or Perisic comes in.

Haaland is the unknown. He might smash it or he might take time to settle in. He has been known to miss a few games with injuries.

1659597661705.png

I've changed my team a dozen times but this is what I have right now. My thinking is that Bowen is a bargain at 8.5 - only Salah, Son and TAA outscored him last season. I'm hoping Rashford gets back to best form and Bamford stays fit. Broja should get some games and goals for Chelsea. If he doesn't play Bailey or Perisic comes in.

Haaland is the unknown. He might smash it or he might take time to settle in. He has been known to miss a few games with injuries.

View attachment 1465834

Hasn't scored all pre-season and has Man City first up. You can always get Bowen a few weeks in if he starts well (not as if others will have him) but if he starts s**t he's going to hurt you not having a popular pick like an Arsenal mid.

Is Broja going to play?

Hasn't scored all pre-season and has Man City first up. You can always get Bowen a few weeks in if he starts well (not as if others will have him) but if he starts s**t he's going to hurt you not having a popular pick like an Arsenal mid.

Is Broja going to play?

Hammers were outplayed against City near the end of last season but Bowen scored two breakaway goals. You might be right. I could have Foden or Kulusevski for similar price then bring in Bowen later.

With Broja, it depends how Chelsea set up. Like I said, if he doesn't play I'm hoping my subs can get some points.

Hammers were outplayed against City near the end of last season but Bowen scored two breakaway goals. You might be right. I could have Foden or Kulusevski for similar price then bring in Bowen later.

With Broja, it depends how Chelsea set up. Like I said, if he doesn't play I'm hoping my subs can get some points.

I'd be starting Perisic too.

the game itself is fairly basic but it does require a rudimentary knowledge of the EPL so its hard to know where to start with someone who has no interest in soccer.

the main way to score points are goals and assists (everyone) and clean sheets (defenders/goal keepers only).
this means that defensive midfielders like Rice are usless and you want to try to pick defenders who also get forward.

team suggestions
  • get rid of Southampton players. they're not very good and their early fixtures aren't great.
  • there are better 4.5 mill defenders than Worrall. look at ownership to find some of the more popular ones
  • Alisson is a good keeper but it ties up a one of your 3 Liverpool spots that may be better spent on an outfielder. he's also expensive,
  • Van Dijk will get you plenty of clean sheets but doesn't have much attacking potential. see if you can get him up to an Alexander Arnold or Robertson
  • make Ward your bench goal keeper
  • Plange and Nketiah are unlikely to start so I'd look elsewhere

there's more but i'll leave it at that for now.
there's a metric crap tonne of content on youtube if you want to spend the time.
Thanks PH . I have taken all that on board and cleared out the dead wood. Have spent a little time on twitter and YouTube last few days so feel a little better prepared.
Don't need to win, just need to be competent! Thanks again. 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fairly cookie cutter apart from Rashford and Zinchenko.

It's a 4.5/3.5/2 set-up where I plan to rotate Zinchenko and Bailey.

Game Week 1 I will play Bailey in a 4-4-2 against Bournemouth with Zinchenko up against Crystal Palace, who seem to be Arsenal's bogey side.

Game Week 2 will be a toss-up, informed by results from GW1.

In GW 3 and 4, Arsenal have excellent prospects for clean sheets so will go 5-3-2 those weeks

FPLGameWeek1.jpg

Not 100 banking on this but going with the 532

Ward/Raya

TAA - Robbo - Cancelo - James - Perisic
Salah - Martinelli - Neto
Jesus - Kane

Bailey, Greenwood and Andreas on the bench

I've got 0.5 in the bank. Was thinking Mahrez or Foden but with 5 subs I can see Pep roulette coming into action. 3 current subs should cover me if Perisic gets no mins on opening day but based on his final friendly he was close to our best player.

Anyone tempted in going the 2 Leicester 4.0 keepers? Or a Leicester too leaky?

Best to hold Ederson or downgrade and upgrade elsewhere?
only if you go down to a 4.5 and upgrade Odegaard to an 8 mill mid.

I think your team looks good though and that 0.5 is handy insurance against early price fluctuations.
Hold your nerve.

Best to hold Ederson or downgrade and upgrade elsewhere?
i like ederson, but you could go to sanchez and rotate sanchez and ward weekly as both have favourable match ups

use the 1.5 into saka or mount

i do like odegaard pick he has sat in my draft for a while

Remove this Banner Ad

Back