Frawley & Lake in the same backline

Remove this Banner Ad

We definitely need a quality small defender with speed & grunt....It's our one Achilles heel....Josh Glenn from Central Districts would be the ideal draft pick to fix this area IMO....He is 21 & has been playing high quality senior football for 2 seasons now!

You don't reckon Duryea or Litherland can do this?

You don't reckon Duryea or Litherland can do this?

Some of the best clubs have ( Freo and Port ) have 2/3 and 4 smalls running through their forward line, I've got a feeling the new revolution will be having a set up with 1 or 2 bigger guys and the rest being nippy, sneaky and quick forwards. As it stands Port have to many small forward who are improving for us to handle, we were lucky they didn't steam roll us in the prelim. It's quite possible that Clarko will send Poppy back to defence at times, he certainly has all the attributes required to play on the Ballantynes and Needs/Wingard types.

Of course they can.

Lake - FB
Frawley - CHB
Gibson - Floating back. Gibson can play as a rebounding defender also.
Stratton - Mid sized defender. Can play tall and small.

Frawley will simply replace Spangher from our GF 22. Frawley can also play as the swingman if there a no match ups.

Newsflash, there is no such thing as FB and CHB these days!!

Newsflash, there is no such thing as FB and CHB these days!!

Ok. KPD1 and KPD2.

Lake plays on the Key Forward closer to goal, just as he did on the Grand Final. He kept on switching between Franklin and Tippett, depending on who was closer to goal.

Frawley plays on the other Key Forward that pushes up the ground, both Franklin and Tippet did this at time on the weekend. Gibson and Spangher both played this role.

This frees Gibson to play on the 3rd tall. There wouldn't be a third tall in the league that could beat him one one one (the only one that would be a chance plays at the other end of the ground). This just means he can peel off and play 3rd man up, and set up our counter attacks.

Stratton plays on the best medium or small forward. As he has shown, he can completely blanket them.

If there is no match up for Frawley, then he can switch forward. Good luck trying to cover, Roughead, Gunston, Frawley and Hale.

Adding Frawley is a no brainer. We would have the best defence in the league, to go with the best forward line, and a top 3 midfield. If we land Frawley, we will be very hard to stop for the three-peat.

jeepers...you guys all remind me of don king! you know the times when he has stepped over his 'own losing fighter' to shake hands and do a deal with the winner! the after glow of the flag still burns brightly and you are already writing off premiership players...weak as p*ss.

Some of the best clubs have ( Freo and Port ) have 2/3 and 4 smalls running through their forward line, I've got a feeling the new revolution will be having a set up with 1 or 2 bigger guys and the rest being nippy, sneaky and quick forwards. As it stands Port have to many small forward who are improving for us to handle, we were lucky they didn't steam roll us in the prelim. It's quite possible that Clarko will send Poppy back to defence at times, he certainly has all the attributes required to play on the Ballantynes and Needs/Wingard types.

Its still all about the midfield mate......You will also find that Port will be going with the 3 pronged KP set up next year with Ryder Shultz and Westhoff.
The only reason why they got back into the game is because of our midfield, we stopped running. Kicked to stagnant contests and they ran through our midfield in waves.

Getting Frawley doesn't help us against Port who I suspect are the next genuine threats. They're smalls are brilliant, more dynamic and diverse than any other forward line in the comp!
Next time we play Port I would expect Litherland and Duryea int he same defense.

Do you know something? ;)

No, I don't know anything. However, Hawthorn doesn't bust the bank to bring a player in as a free agent and Frawley has attracted a lot of interest from other clubs, as has been widely documented. Let me put it this way - if Frawley wants to play for Hawthorn, he'll most likely have to accept being paid less than what he could command from other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AAAAAND papers reporting we got him!

AAAAND I'm off to the Bay.

This is gonna be good - especially when we get O'Rourke as well. :)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-02/frawley-expected-to-play-for-hawks

Interesting part:
AFL.com.au understands Hawthorn expressed interest in Frawley but were deterred by the terms on offer and decided to move out of the race.
The Hawks then re-entered the race after it was clear Frawley remained interested in the possibility of joining the club.

Assume we scoffed at his initial price, he then comes back for re-negotiation. Seems he wants to play in a successful side!

B: Gibson Lake Birchall
HB: Stratton Frawley Hodge
C: Hill Langford Smith
HF: Breust Gunston Lewis
FF: McEvoy Roughead Puopolo
Foll: Hale Mitchell Burgoyne
Int: Rioli Duryea Shiels Suckling
Emerg: Ceglar Simpkin Anderson Whitecross

Fair team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back