Admin Announcement Fred, long time BigFooty Admin, passed away on Saturday night. Funeral Sunday 30th at 1pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

I had the great pleasure of meeting Fred a couple of years ago. A true gentlemen and the backbone of this site for many, many years.

Vale.

Fred was a hell of a guy, in his time he'd made money, worked the mines, invested badly in art, driven a taxi, ended up in a flat in Echuca and for a while was the driving force of BigFooty - being the sole moderator on the AFL main board for a period.

Fred loved BigFooty, it was his extended family. His wife had died a number of years earlier after a long battle, his son was otherwise indisposed and it was only his daughter who could regularly help, but she had her own life to live. It was to BigFooty he turned to find a new community. He made many fiends on the site, especially in his beloved SFA and many, many posters would have conversations with him over the years.

Recently, when he had disappeared for a period, I tracked him down his hospice, and gave him a call. in typical Fred fashion he gave me too much information regarding the details of his medical treatments. But that was Fred, straight down the line To really earn his respect was a great honour. He only ever gave away 7 likes, but received thousands in return.

But he also loved his saints being born into a saints loving household.And hHe loved Echuca and the Murray. Last September I stood on the banks of that river with Chief and Fred and you could hear the enthusiasm in Fred's voice as he pointed out the steamers and recounted his various stories around them. Well the fire in those paddle-boats has been extinguished and for Fred the river flows no more.

Somewhere Lidge, JubJub and Didaka are looking out, because there is a new mod in town.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fred was a hell of a guy, in his time he'd made money, worked the mines, invested badly in art, driven a taxi, ended up in a flat in Echuca and for a while was the driving force of BigFooty - being the sole moderator on the AFL main board for a period.

Fred loved BigFooty, it was his extended family. His wife had died a number of years earlier after a long battle, his son was otherwise indisposed and it was only his daughter who could regularly help, but she had her own life to live. It was to BigFooty he turned to find a new community. He made many fiends on the site, especially in his beloved SFA and many, many posters would have conversations with him over the years.

Recently, when he had disappeared for a period, I tracked him down his hospice, and gave him a call. in typical Fred fashion he gave me too much information regarding the details of his medical treatments. But that was Fred, straight down the line To really earn his respect was a great honour. He only ever gave away 7 likes, but received thousands in return.

But he also loved his saints being born into a saints loving household.And hHe loved Echuca and the Murray. Last September I stood on the banks of that river with Chief and Fred and you could hear the enthusiasm in Fred's voice as he pointed out the steamers and recounted his various stories around them. Well the fire in those paddle-boats has been extinguished and for Fred the river flows no more.

Somewhere Lidge, JubJub and Didaka are looking out, because there is a new mod in town.
Beautifully said, JB.

Sad news. Condolences to his friends and family.

I was fortunate enough to have many discussions with Fred about family, health and life and his loss will be felt.

R.I.P. mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back