Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Be stunned if that's not an ACL for Lobb
but it twisted the opposite way. The medial would have been stretched/torn. I watched McCarthy for WC women's have the same twist as someone landed on her, everyone thought that was her season, and three weeks later she was playing. Looked similarly bad. Every injury is different but I'm hoping it's similarly not too bad.

Hoping Sonny's is only minor. We can't score as it is and he is probably 30% of that. Let's not rush him though. He's 30 and if he gets started with repetitive soft tissues we might as well stick him with Shill now.

boil it down ever further and those decisions relate to Rosich, Harris and Lyon. Lyon should never have been extended for 5 years. We’d hit our pinnacle early 2015, all and sundry could see a slide. Our late season form in 2015 was horrendous. It just couldn’t click. 2016 IMO was predictable and the decision to extend Lyon, and then find saviors via the trade table is what bit us. Need a long term approach. The draft is key, trading is almost never the answer.
I don't have a massive problem with Lyon getting more years but 5 was excessive. Despite Squiggle not rating us, we were in that Prelim until Sherro closed the door.

No more big ticket trades. Aish types are fine but Hogan/Lobb types are not. I even didn't mind Matera because he showed in 2019 he could play and for a 3rd the risk is fine.

Also and more to the point of the thread, less trading in injury prone blokes, especially when they cost a packet.

Lobb fumbles the ball coming in, gets tackled by Cole.
Lobb doesn't fumble the ball coming in, doesn't get tackled.
The dude is on $770k/$800k a year, and really on that coin should be a one touch player.
Meh, he's had one good season for us, his first, since then ordinary
that's bs. It was directly in front of me. Can't remember who kicked it but remember thinking what a sh5thouse pass to Lobb's ankles. Ridiculous ball movement to a bloke over 200cm. He could've just tapped it away and we wouldn't even be discussing this but he didn't and got landed on.

Last edited:

Don't agree Monument but that's ok.
The fact that Lobb is overpaid should not be questioned, he's on 200k/300k too much

Lobb doesn't fumble the ball coming in, doesn't get tackled.

Was thinking the same thing but didn’t want to say it lest people think I was blaming him for his injury. It was terrible luck, but could have been avoided with a smooth pickup (or a better pass to him). These things are the 1%ers.

Same reason that Sandi got that punctured lung from nicnat, the kick from Barlow I think was s**t.
1%'s change the way you play, if Freo want to get better, then they must do the 1%'ers much, much better.
And Lobb is one of our highest paid players

It was terrible luck, but could have been avoided with a smooth pickup (or a better pass to him). These things are the 1%ers.
Although you can't play the game in hindsight, Crowden got his head ripped off about 10 seconds beforehand - if a free kick was legitimately paid - this would never have happened.

It was more about bad luck than anything else.

Any word on what time we can expect an update from Lobbs scan?
Might not be till tomorrow till we know

Nah they'll MR it today at Envision, and once he's reviewed with the medico's the club will release a report.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lobb is the one bloke we could not afford an injury to. In one fell swoop we are down to 2 rucks and 2 kpfs.

Question without notice: If Lobb has done ACL does that mean we can recruit a player mid-season
We can recruit one before the the end of business tomorrow if he is a long term injury.

We can recruit one before the the end of business tomorrow if he is a long term injury.
Well what rucks are left out there? Goddard, Nads, Kalin Lane?

However I dont think it is an ACL anyway

Please..no Sandi. He was a great player but was cooked toward the end of his career. If worst comes to worst we need to grab a young KPF/Ruck .
The question is whether we're more worried about this season or long term.

If I'm honest though, Sandilands is still not the best option regardless.

He hasn't had a pre season for two years. I honestly think some delisted spud would do a better job over the course of a season.

Lobb is probably so nervous about what the scan will show he's been stutter stepping outside the radiologist's rooms all afternoon instead of heading inside

Let’s take a guess at this one shall we:
Logue: Hammy 2-4 weeks (couple of months on a ‘minor ping’)
Sturt: Ankle 2-4 weeks (making it about 10 months from a ‘minor ankle roll’)
Pearce: Ankle TBA
Lobb: PCL TBA
Walker: Foot TBA
Crowden: OP, TBA
Walter: Hammy 3-5 weeks
Cerra: Calf 1-2 weeks
Serong: Back ‘tightness’ 1-2 weeks
Ryan: Back ‘tightness’ 1-2 weeks

who am I missing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back