Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone who goes to training or has any knowledge at all, know if Stephen Hill is in the gym or generally around training?
I know all the signs point to him being cooked but I for one would be very sad if we never saw him play for Freo again.
The forgotten man . . .

I agree. I’m taking it as a positive that he hasn’t retired yet. It’s got that bad.

Does anyone who goes to training or has any knowledge at all, know if Stephen Hill is in the gym or generally around training?
I know all the signs point to him being cooked but I for one would be very sad if we never saw him play for Freo again.
The forgotten man . . .
Longmuir said yesterday Hill is up and running again, which was a positive sign.

Everyone should keep the Shuey situation in mind when we think about Sturt and when the trigger should be pulled on bringing him back to the top level.

Luke is out for half the season now with that hammy.

Ouch.

Although, with my unreasonably optimistic hat on, Sturt hasn't been suffering soft tissue injuries so his playing AFL vs limited minutes at WAFL shouldn't impact whether he is more or less likely to be injured.

Although, with my unreasonably optimistic hat on, Sturt hasn't been suffering soft tissue injuries so his playing AFL vs limited minutes at WAFL shouldn't impact whether he is more or less likely to be injured.
For an experiment (don't actually do this) put a marble in one of your shoes so that you walk differently - similar to how you would be hampered by a moon boot or brace, walk around like that for a month.

Now go for a run. Your risk of imbalance issues leading to injury is in my belief worse from a structural injury with than a soft tissue.

But you're right, it's not like he is at risk of that ankle being rolled over again anymore than anyone else is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the love and wanting Hill back, but did we forget while playing most of last year he was pretty bad?
I remember his composure and vision winning us the game against St Kilda.

Remember that congestion and handball forward to a free player that set up the chain to Schultz to seal it?

Pretty sure that was Humphrey

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Brett Bewley Groin 2 weeks
Joel Hamling Ankle 1-3 weeks
Stephen Hill Hamstring TBA
Rory Lobb Knee 1 week
Alex Pearce Knee 3-4 weeks
Darcy Tucker Hamstring Test
Brandon Walker Concussion Test
Hayden Young Hamstring TBA

Very good news week.

Effectively only 6 unavailable, and could be as low as 3 unavailable within a fortnight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back