Review Fremantle d Adelaide by 11 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

That loss to them in 2013 still stings
They had a +1 at the back of each stoppage that allowed them to handball back and out for a clean clearance and it took us a long time to respond in that game (our loose man was in defence)

These days we have the +1 at the stoppage, transitioning to freeing up a man in defence when they have the ball. We also clog up the corridor more now

It will be a good game to watch :) they are playing with confidence, but our game plan is better suited to them now

Since 2010 we've played them 8 times and won 5, including 2 away wins and no home losses. Hardly a bogey team.
ck37z4.jpg

Last edited:

Positives:
- Sandilands again showing why he should be AA. If it was decided on stats, give it to someone else. If it is on the ability to influence the game, it's got to be a fit and firing Sandi. Put on a clinic.
- Fyfe V Dangerfield was brilliant
- Freo were challenged and met the challenge head on, coming out ahead. It doesn't matter that they got close, or that we didn't win by as much as predicted, it is valuable experience for finals time
- Walters hitting a bit of form
- Micky Barlow giving everyone a gentle reminder of what an A-Grade blue collar midfielder he is

Negatives:
- Sore bodies and a 6 day turnaround
- Knee jerk reactions to Taberner (again)

When the weather turned wet and slippery it was the dockers that were the poorer side. Clear cut fact.

I thought it was a great game in dour slippery conditions, both sides gave their all. The biggest single problem for the crows is their set shots. Phil Walsh hit the nail on the head. 2.8 from set shots aint going to win you the game. The opportunity was there. It was not taken.

I know we are not going to win the flag this year but I really hope Pav gets one before he retires. Absolute class human.
Not a clear cut fact at all. While we didn't adjust to the conditions as quick, it was still slippery all night and we were running at a higher disposal efficiency and as a better team after half time.

So have you seen that last Game of Thrones episode, and that Giant is just walking towards the water throwing white walkers left and right a smashing them all over the park with that giant stick like he just doesnt give a f **k?

That is Sandilands vs the rest of the AFL ruckmen :cry:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just got back from adealide and watched the replay
few things confirmed for me
-mcpharlins job on tex was huge
-walters is getting better every week
-mayne ,superb,his stats column means nothing could have doghnuts and still have a good game
-subans really hitting his straps
-didnt realise how much we got raped by the maggots
-sutcliffe's zunga's new best buddy,had a stinker,duff man not far behind him
crows supporters were filing out of the ground at a steady rate when there was 4-5 minutes left on the clock with the game still wide open,confirms the fact that they are the same as eagles supporters

So have you seen that last Game of Thrones episode, and that Giant is just walking towards the water throwing white walkers left and right a smashing them all over the park with that giant stick like he just doesnt give a f **k?

SPOILER :p

Sandi must now be referred to as Two Wun Wun

Sandi probably sounds the same when he says "what the * are you looking at?"

Not a clear cut fact at all. While we didn't adjust to the conditions as quick, it was still slippery all night and we were running at a higher disposal efficiency and as a better team after half time.

Yeah 20 I50's to 5 in the last would discount any claim they had to being the better side

Farkin score reviews?? WTF?? Why do we have so many bad ones (on top of bad umpiring) this year??

There was one which was not reviewed but should have been, I heard Barlow(or Mayne maybe?)'s fist hit the ball, sound was clear as day and he even asked for a review but the umpires ignored him and it was a goal. (I think it was first quarter)

Clear cut. It was slippery all night, even before it rained but when it actually was belting down, and the ball was a complete piece of soap, it was very obvious how the game changed. It remained slippery for the rest of the night, but not as much as when it was raining. We were all praying for another shower but unfortunately they went north and south of the ground.

I'm surprised we did so well with basically no first choice half back flankers to give us any drive. There is no doubt the Freo mids were the difference in the end, but for the first 3/4 it was a very even battle.

I thought you played better in the wet, but a point doesn't take the ball back to the middle so I'm not sure the 2.8 is totally relevant.

It's a much of muchness...butterfly effect really. I've always argued that it technically wouldn't have been that way if it was a goal etc as ball goes to middle....however at end of the day that is 6 points not 1. You can't really say either way at the end of the day. They could have cleared it again and missed. But in reality as the game played out they had 10 opportunities and missed 8. Not ideal.

After watching the game again last night its safe to say that at least 3 of the 7 Adelaide goals were from Umpiring screwups.. and 1-2 of ours that werent that should've been.

Aside from that - I think we should be cheering SonSons incredible return to form... 9 goals in 3 games. He seems to have improved his spatial awareness a great deal. Loved his Fyfe-like presence all over the ground when the game was in the balance.. saved us a few times in defence and then reappeared in the forward 50 momens later

-mayne ,superb,his stats column means nothing could have doghnuts and still have a good game
crows supporters were filing out of the ground at a steady rate when there was 4-5 minutes left on the clock with the game still wide open,confirms the fact that they are the same as eagles supporters

Great to catch up at the game.Thanks for looking after an old loud mouthed farts back.Safety in numbers.:p

There was one which was not reviewed but should have been, I heard Barlow(or Mayne maybe?)'s fist hit the ball, sound was clear as day and he even asked for a review but the umpires ignored him and it was a goal. (I think it was first quarter)

Yep ,that happened right in front of were I was standing.Ball hit Micks wrist and rolled down his arm.Mick is not a porky pie teller and I was amazed the umps ignored his request for a review

I'm surprised how few people have commented on the umpiring. A free kick in a wet weather slogfest is worth so much more than it is on a dry day because it's so hard to take clean possession otherwise. (We took 64 marks against Adelaide and our average prior to that game was 110 marks per game.)

It is interesting that we struggled to score in the second and fourth quarters (only 1 goal in each quarter) and that's exactly when the free kick count was very lopsided. We lost the free-kick count 6-1 in the second and again 6-1 in the fourth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back