Fremantle Under Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

If Jackson plays well with him why are his best games without him? Guy is borderline AA ruck without Darcy in the team.

Well when freo made the grand final in 2013, They had interesting ruck stocks. Aaron Sandilands, Jono Griffin, Zac Clarke and Jack Hannath. Make that what you will. you can tell which of those 4 ruckmen was on big money.

I know exactly why we lost.

Dockers were way over confident and expected to win by just rocking up in Perth stadium like round 22, 2023. Eagles were motivated.

eagles shocked the dockers kicking the 1st 6 or 7 goals of the game.

Sean Darcy didnt come back by WAFL. Was Darcy underdone? Maybe. If I knew freo were gonna lose to Blue and Port Narrowly at Adelaide Oval, I would of gave Reidy a back up ruck a game. Might as well gave Trent Knobel a back up ruck a game too even if both of them are WAFL standard players.

Darcy might looked unfit but he isnt cooked. Bloke signed a massice contract extension this season. He was a free agent at the end of 2024.

Fyfe will be fine. he is contracted until 2025. He isnt in his browlow era best of 2015 or 2019. But he is handy in the best 22.

I am more worried about the backline. I like Alex Pearce as our main KPF. I like draper at 197 cm. only played his 3rd or 4th game. I rather draper as a 3rd tall or on the bench when 194 cm Brennan cox is back from injury .

You looking at that game, and think it was anything other than the midfield that was issue, is mind boggling.

So what exactly is the point of their gameplan? Try to win with 8 goals, but then suddenly kick 4 goals in 5 minutes when the game was already lost? Why not just actually try to kick 100 points and just beat the other team instead of playing for a 1 point win?
Yeah, it’s a shit, negative style Fremantle play that’s awful to watch and won’t succeed. Worse, it seems to drag the opposition down too.
Regardless of the result, did not enjoy watching Friday night’s game at all.

What I hate the most which he has taken straight from Ross Lyon is against weak teams, start defensive as hell, get a 25 point lead, then go a billion times more defensive and try to maintain the lead for an entire half. Look at Brisbane smashing Richmond by 119 points, that could never happen with the Lyon / Longmuir plan.

So even when winning you just get these boring 25 point wins that crush the spirit of the team. "OK guys we are playing a bottom 4 team, we are already 25 points up, but you aren't good enough to keep going so time for all out defense." It's pure loser mentality

My one question for any potential coach would be "How do you feel about Ross Lyon?"

And the only acceptable answer would be "I hate his style of football and wish he never became a coach"

Freo really rely on favourable umpiring and playing a dour ugly style to win games.

They only kicked 3 goals which weren't from direct soft free kicks yesterday.

Take out the umpires and Carlton win 73-18 yesterday. Theyre a decent team but not top 4 material. Umps just kept them close with ridiculous frees.
did you watch the dockers vs demons game on the weekend? Freo scored 140 points, The umpires helped

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second best percentage. Lost (or drew) all their close ones. Could - or should - be sitting second.

Smokey for the premiership. Remember they basically finished top-4 in 2022 (only Collingwood winning all those close games that year prevented it) before having a gap year last year.

They have gradually built their list and have a lot of key players in that sweet spot where they have played 50-100 games and in their early/mid 20's.

They know how to get results on the road too. Also, don't worry about accusations of being too defensive. The defensive part of a game is the hardest part to get right. Once that is in place, and the offensive part can be unleashed, they can play some reasonably attractive footy.

Fremantle are the best team that no one is talking about.

I will say the funniest thing about the whole media narrative of "Why do players want to leave Fremantle?" and people going on about a bad culture is that the majority of guys that have left us in the last few years have done **** all at their new clubs while the people we've brought in have added to our team and are playing career best football.

Logue: injured
Lobb: useless
Henry: still early but hasn't done much (injuries play a part)
Hamling: Can't even get picked
Acres: I'll give you that one, he's been good for Carlton
Tucker: Done nothing
Meek: Give you that one too, doing very well for the Hawks.
Schultz, average, but not winning any favour with Collingwood fans, gave up way too much for him.

So that's 2 out of 8 players who've gone on to be better at other clubs, but I thought everyone plays better once they leave Fremantle?

I will say the funniest thing about the whole media narrative of "Why do players want to leave Fremantle?" and people going on about a bad culture is that the majority of guys that have left us in the last few years have done **** all at their new clubs while the people we've brought in have added to our team and are playing career best football.

Logue: injured
Lobb: useless
Henry: still early but hasn't done much (injuries play a part)
Hamling: Can't even get picked
Acres: I'll give you that one, he's been good for Carlton
Tucker: Done nothing
Meek: Give you that one too, doing very well for the Hawks.
Schultz, average, but not winning any favour with Collingwood fans, gave up way too much for him.

So that's 2 out of 8 players who've gone on to be better at other clubs, but I thought everyone plays better once they leave Fremantle?

Lachie Neal...brownlow

Right under the radar this team. And The West Australian obsessed with number 9 at the other mob, who are currently 3rd last on the ladder. The ladder don't lie.
Vicco's more concerned with academies and Clarko.
Lachie Neale wanting to come back (don't want), take Charlie though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back