Freo fans dislike of us..how do you really feel about Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Things I like more than freo:
Hawthorn winning a flag.
VB
Losing to the Dogs at home in an elimination final.
Getting kicked in the nuts.
Vegimite.
In summary I hate the dockers, can't stand them and thought this year was their best ever....also hate Flogyfe

Have never liked them.

* They were so obviously manufactured by the AFL to curb our success in the 90's its not funny. After 2 premierships it was obvious everyone and their dog was gonna jump on the Eagles bandwagon, so lo and behold suddenly WA needs another team.

* Their club reeks of failure, and they refuse to own up to their own lack of success. Supporters bleat about how "hard done by" they are.

* They appear to be more concerned with us than they are with winning anything of importance (other than derby wins and McClelland trophies. Feck that was funny listening to them go on about that last year).

* Their sh*tstain of a club can play like crap for weeks on end, but whenever there's a derby on they suddenly play like champs, and the worst part is that their supporters seem content with that!

If the Freo Football Club folded it would be one of the happiest days of my life, and I would drive around Fremantle in full Eagles regalia blasting our club theme for all of them to hear.

Please...don't beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel!!

Hahah agreed on all points.

The title is of course the most obvious in the world, but a recent thread I posted there sort of confirmed what I've always felt. I know I'm painting with a broad brush, but I always felt a lot of the purple haze had an inferiority complex, and from the replies there is a lot of real hatred towards the West Coast football club, but especially a lot of its supporters.

I basically asked how many Freo fans were ex-Eagles supporters, it wasn't a troll or bait, and many just expressed their hatred of us, how we were all feral and nasty and Freo fans exemplified sportsmanship. We were blamed for destroying the WAFL (rather ironic, since they're still supporting an AFL club), being arrogant.etc. Yes, Eagles fans can be feral, bad losers.etc, but let's not pretend Dockers fans can't at all.

I know many Eagles supporters similarly dislike the Dockers, but just among Dockers fans I love many just make their disdain of West Coast known, whereas I feel a lot of West Coast supporters don't care that much. We're the older, more successful club and I think some are a little jealous of that. I know it would be annoying to rub their noses in it, and I've occasionally been guilty, but the attitude of many Freo supporters kind of makes me less sympathetic towards the Dockers.

I was actually going for them in 2013, as they were still representing Western Australia in a way. I sometimes go for them, but I've never been one of those who were like 'I go for the Eagles or whoever's playing the Dockers', which I feel is a small-minded way to think about a national comp...losing derbies is always painful though lol, but boy do they like to gloat about it...
Fair dinkum.

Let it go.

I don't really hate them any more or less than the average team, certainly hate them less than Essendon, Hawthorn or now the Bulldogs, and they lack the loveable failings like Brad Scott and Norf have these days because of boring, professional RTB (sans his pressers). Back in the mid 2000s when they had w***ers like the Carr brothers and Headland it was a bit different.

They were an absolute basket case in every department 15 years ago with horrible jumpers, logos management, coaching and players, and they deserve some credit for becoming a better all round unit. Look at Richmond or Melbourne to see that improvement doesn't always happen, at least in a linear fashion.

In honestly I'm not all that fussed by them. Between the handbaggers and clappers in our support and with both teams being inconsistent over the last 10 years I feel like the derby has lost the passion it once had. I'm just a cynical campaigner and hate everyone these days.

Talking about rivals you hate can't look past Liverpool for me absolutely hate them .

Hate 'em.

the back story... i went to one of their games really early on in the piece, 1997 i think. me and my mate went to Subi oval for the curtain raiser game and the dockers game. Subi played in the curtain raiser so i was keen to go and i thought i would get to see a good game against the Saints (Jason Heatly was playing and he recently left Subi and was kicking arse for the Saints). We were about 3 rows back in the old standing section. There were bugger all there for the WAFL game but when the AFL game started, it started to fill. By bouncedown time, it was really full.
once the game started, me and my mate (we are both 6'2") started to get abused by the Freo faithful for blocking the view of the people behind us. It escalated to being showered with rubbish and the most foul language you have ever heard (i was thinking with all the kids around how good parents they were). Apparently, we were in the "family" area and we were blocking kids views. My mate sat down on the concrete under the weight of abuse, but when i sat down, i noticed we couldnt see the game, we were watching it through the fence. I stood back up and gritted my teeth for the continuing abuse. Eventually, two cops came over and the crowd went mental, cheering and expecting us to get kicked out. I explained to the cops what was going on and they turned to the Freo tools and told them to pull their heads in and left. You couldn't wipe the grin off my face for hours.
Unfortunately Freo won.

After that, no respect for the Freo supporters.

*Let me just add, i have no dislike for the team itself, though their style of play is boring. Just the supporters.

My first hand experience at a Freo game was back in 04 against the Kanga's, I think Freo kicked the first 2 or 3 and the crowd was getting real cocky. I was vocally barracking for Norths and a bloke behind me started to pay out big time on me, I was there with some work mates celebrating a milestone and wasn't too phased by the attention. Half time come and this 2 bit loser who was obviously intoxicated on mid strength beer started to go at it again and ramped up the abuse a notch.

He then proceeded to stand up behind me and start spitting and spluttering obscenities, I stood up and turned around and eye balled this freak. When he saw me stand up he shut up real quick and had this "Deer in the Headlights" look to which I just said sternly "Shut up you little loud mouthed prick". There was a stunned silence and things went back to normal..however this chick sitting behind and a few down leaned over to me and whispered are you single ? I'd like to meet up.

Even the Female Docker Fans know they're men are a bunch of "mouthy do nothing limp dicked girlymen". Mind you there are a few Eagles Supporters like that too hey Blander ?

Dislike them so passionately that I refused to buy any product of the Rick Hart Superstores.

Same goes for his new venture, once tainted, always tainted (see purple paint for us old-timers)!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first hand experience at a Freo game was back in 04 against the Kanga's, I think Freo kicked the first 2 or 3 and the crowd was getting real cocky. I was vocally barracking for Norths and a bloke behind me started to pay out big time on me, I was there with some work mates celebrating a milestone and wasn't too phased by the attention. Half time come and this 2 bit loser who was obviously intoxicated on mid strength beer started to go at it again and ramped up the abuse a notch.

He then proceeded to stand up behind me and start spitting and spluttering obscenities, I stood up and turned around and eye balled this freak. When he saw me stand up he shut up real quick and had this "Deer in the Headlights" look to which I just said sternly "Shut up you little loud mouthed prick". There was a stunned silence and things went back to normal..however this chick sitting behind and a few down leaned over to me and whispered are you single ? I'd like to meet up.

Even the Female Docker Fans know they're men are a bunch of "mouthy do nothing limp dicked girlymen". Mind you there are a few Eagles Supporters like that too hey Blander ?
Thinly veiled I got lucky with a chick from the footy post :D

Shame there moving to try and get closer to Success.

Just moved workplaces to not far from South Freo Oval and would love to bag them all out on my lunch break again

I went into freo to watch them in the Grannie a few years back.
I went with the expectation of barracking for them but soon realized there was no way I could do it.even tho I was so over the hawthorn era I just could not do it

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I went into freo to watch them in the Grannie a few years back.
I went with the expectation of barracking for them but soon realized there was no way I could do it.even tho I was so over the hawthorn era I just could not do it

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Imagine someone in Eagles gear vocally barracking for Freo lol.

I suspect I wouldn't hate them so much if they had fewer flogs for supporters.

I'll also answer for my grandmother, who I know had Fremantle as a second team until the 2006 GF when a Dockers supporter friend told her they hoped Sydney won because they hate West Coast. Now she returns the favour. Lack of loyalty to the state annoyed her.

I suspect I wouldn't hate them so much if they had fewer flogs for supporters.

I'll also answer for my grandmother, who I know had Fremantle as a second team until the 2006 GF when a Dockers supporter friend told her they hoped Sydney won because they hate West Coast. Now she returns the favour. Lack of loyalty to the state annoyed her.

If west coast had fewer flog supporters I'd like them a little more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back