Autopsy Freo Give Up and Go Down by 40

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't watched it yet but was certainly expecting us to get beaten and the margin isn't a surprise. The fact that we lost Fyfe and Walters throughout the game I'd actually say I'm surprised we weren't beaten by more. Sydney are flying at the moment and we're having to play blokes like Banfield, Henry, Crowden, Blakely, Colyer, Meek, Schultz and an out of sorts Tucker. We're terrible "on paper" and then to lose Fyfe and Walters, some of you have out of whack expectations and must be overrating the quality of our team.

Last edited:

So much this. I’m fine with Acres getting dropped, but 2 more should have gone with him.

now they’ll prob just switch them over and we will get the same crap
Acres wasnt dropped though. J Lo doesn't have the guts to drop (Conca aside). It was a structural change for meek who came in to cover an injured Darcy who shouldn't have played. Farcical!

I’m a big fan of JL but he needs to install some hardness in this team. Ryan, Serong and Treacy the only ones who you’d back to stand up with chips down.

I rate that loss worse than Geelong. Geelong you could see the bigger bodies pushing the our blokes out of the way in the wet, this game you could see the guys give up and jog around and some of the efforts where diabolical

To add to that it looks like Darcy will be on one leg the rest of the year, Pearce out for next week and Fyfe/Walters done for the year

Small consolation is we stood up a LITTLE bit in the last and stopped from getting blown off the park
Clutching at straws there.
So many passengers it’s actually painful.
serious surgery needed on this list

laziest performance and worst game I've seen all year
Logue, Serong Moose Cerrra Brayshaw were okay
cant think of too many more
rubbish
Banfield, Crowden, Colyer, Shultz just aren't any good

How's how many times Sydney had the ball and strolled around with zero pressure being applied ?
pathetic

I haven't watched it yet but was certainly expecting us to get beaten and the margin isn't a surprise. The fact that we lost Fyfe and Walters throughout the game I'd actually say I'm surprised we weren't beaten by more. Sydney are flying at the moment and we're having to play blokes like Banfield, Henry, Crowden, Blakely, Colyer, Meek, Schultz and an out of sorts Tucker.
I think watching it gives a different perspective. 1st quarter was excellent skills and effort with some dockery s**t chucked in. 2nd and 3rd quarters were just blokes jogging around or not competing. Last quarter the effort increased a bit but Sydney were in cruise mode

I’m getting flashbacks to ’17 and ‘18 where we went to s**t after the bye. A little more delayed this year but I can see a similar pain on the horizon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't even need an Autopsy thread for this match - the Vent thread will be our solace for the next week!

I would be happy with a ‘play well or you’re dropped‘ approach for the rest of the season no matter what your name is

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Clutching at straws there.
So many passengers it’s actually painful.
serious surgery needed on this list
Clutching at straws where, the small thing I touched in after saying it was unacceptable? Im not sure how much harsher you want me to be but thats as negative as I’ll get

The season is gone.
Start to change things up.

Crowden onto the middle
Henry on to a wing.

put Walker as a medium forward and tell him to tackle/and chase like he’s Chris Mayne who’d rather tackle than score goals.
Change things up

Acres back in
Play O’Driscoll.
Put Young onto a wing

Random thoughts:

- Building a list is easy when the AFL give you priority access to players like Heeney no matter where you finish (Bitter much? Yes)

- At least we fought the game out in the last qtr. Can't simultaneously bemoan we don't fight games out while decrying last qtr as junk time

- Fixed the slow start today at least. If we started like that every week we'd be a few extra wins on the ladder

- Did someone give Banfield the mistaken impression he's in the team for his silky skills and creativity? Because those two times he gave up chasing in the 4th are unforgivable for a player on the edge whose only strength is his athleticism

- Pearce was magnificent on Buddy. With an uninterrupted career he'd be the best KPD in the game. Logue was good too when he moved on him

- That last 5 minutes was enough for me to think Henry is a winger, not a deep small forward

- Colyer is a waste of a spot. I'm encouraged JLo made the call on Acres, now do the same with Colyer. Barely gets involved and then when he does he butchers the kick even though he's supposed to be one of our most skillful players at training

- Tucker instantly looked better back in the midfield, he's clearly not a defender. Play him as a mid where he can push forward and have shots on goal, or don't play him at all

- Meek is about as good as a back-up ruck as you could hope for. Hope we can keep hold of him

We already looked tired and they wore us out completely by playing the lead up chip game. We need more options running through there and also find some guys that are prepared to run and defend to try and win the ball back more often. We don't have the right sort of players.

The season is gone.
Start to change things up.

Crowden onto the middle
Henry on to a wing.

put Walker as a medium forward and tell him to tackle/and chase like he’s Chris Mayne who’d rather tackle than score goals.
Change things up
I completely agree with your sentiments. If the coaching group aren’t thinking about testing out some different player use and structure they need a bomb under them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back