Official Club Stuff From the CEO - Brian Cook

Remove this Banner Ad

When we look back on the end of this season there may be two watershed moments that changed the trajectory of this club.

It's Sayers and Cook staunch support of Voss when all their predecessors would have gone the jugular.

And Camp Curnow
How much longer do we have them? I know Sayers hasn't got long and Cook only has a year or two left.
The club oughta be pulling out all stops to keep these two for a while longer and have them groom their successors on how to run things.

I don't want either of them to leave before our next premiership!

How much longer do we have them? I know Sayers hasn't got long and Cook only has a year or two left.
The club oughta be pulling out all stops to keep these two for a while longer and have them groom their successors on how to run things.

I'm happy that the board tenure limits exist for a reason
The board needs to elevate the right replacement
Cook will be around for a few years yet

And Camp Curnow

That really negative "rumour" that I posted a while ago came from a former player who had long played with Ed. He thought that if something was going to change on that front that it would come from those lads. They had taken one side of it but not to the point where it was irreparable. Cooler, smarter, heads clearly won out there. The blame and pity party it had become stopped and the players came together.

Charlie reaping the rewards on Friday night was massively deserved. He really has become a leader of this club also than just his talent.

Last edited:

Sayers 2024
Cook 2024 but was looking at an extension of a previous interview e.g. succession planning not so immediate.

Hi All,

Sorry but I don't know how to post YouTube video on here.

If you haven't already, have a listen to the Brian Cook interview below, about his time at Carlton.

The guy is a great leader, and you can see his effect on the club already.

Really worth a listen, very insightful.

Please delete if already posted or doesn't belong here.

Cheers

Unlocking Team Success: Carlton
FC CEO Brian Cook Unveils the
Transformational Journey of 2023

Hi All,

Sorry but I don't know how to post YouTube video on here.

If you haven't already, have a listen to the Brian Cook interview below, about his time at Carlton.

The guy is a great leader, and you can see his effect on the club already.

Really worth a listen, very insightful.

Please delete if already posted or doesn't belong here.

Cheers

Unlocking Team Success: Carlton
FC CEO Brian Cook Unveils the
Transformational Journey of 2023

Here you go 😉

Our purpose should be focused purely on football and not on any social cause.
This would take away any sort of distraction and it would engender complete inclusion of all.
Our players and admin would not have to worry about any stance other than the sporting aspect.
Respect and Responsibility.
Respecting everyones views by not taking a stance and being responsible members of community by helping those in need.

8547_1024x1024.png

This would take away any sort of distraction and it would engender complete inclusion of all.
Our players and admin would not have to worry about any stance other than the sporting aspect.
Respecting everyones views by not taking a stance and being responsible members of community by helping those in need.
As a female, I'm not sure that this is a given. Until recently, women were not included. *, I wasn't allowed to play footy. * that.

It has changed, but that is off the back of people getting active and pushing the cause of girls and women playing footy. I'm OK with people proposing social change. It can be sensibly discussed, but often isn't.

As a female, I'm not sure that this is a given. Until recently, women were not included. *, I wasn't allowed to play footy. * that.

It has changed, but that is off the back of people getting active and pushing the cause of girls and women playing footy. I'm OK with people proposing social change. It can be sensibly discussed, but often isn't.
female?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sporting clubs are part of the fabric of community. They play a vital role in millions of people’s daily/weekly lives.

They bring people together who otherwise may have nothing else in common and don’t see eye to eye.

They should represent the values we as a community value. Sure winning the premiership is why all the staff are there but to leave everything else out is counterproductive and frankly impossible.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sporting clubs are part of the fabric of community. They play a vital role in millions of people’s daily/weekly lives.

They bring people together who otherwise may have nothing else in common and don’t see eye to eye.

They should represent the values we as a community value. Sure winning the premiership is why all the staff are there but to leave everything else out is counterproductive and frankly impossible.

I disagree, we are talking about the clubs purpose, it is to play football. It is about running the club and making the club successful in the environment it is in.
If society says that pigs fly then the club says pigs fly and it needs to find a way to incorporate pigs flying.
However, i dont believe that it should be distracted by being involved in the decision making process of whether pigs fly as that decision process is diversive and alienating of portions of members and supporters. Stronger together is the motto not divided we win.

I disagree, we are talking about the clubs purpose, it is to play football. It is about running the club and making the club successful in the environment it is in.
If society says that pigs fly then the club says pigs fly and it needs to find a way to incorporate pigs flying.
However, i dont believe that it should be distracted by being involved in the decision making process of whether pigs fly as that decision process is diversive and alienating of portions of members and supporters. Stronger together is the motto not divided we win.

What part of the fabric of the community are flying pigs?

Give me a real world example, not a straw man illustration and maybe you’ll convince me you have a clearer view than me and those that run the club.

What part of the fabric of the community are flying pigs?

Give me a real world example, not a straw man illustration and maybe you’ll convince me you have a clearer view than me and those that run the club.

it was clearly an example.

In a modern society, Corporate Social Responsibility is very important to a lot of people and the club are aligning their values with this. It builds a positive brand. CSR is also not important to a lot of people and those people don't have to engage if they don't want to.

I have a a friend from the US who I've taken to see the Blues on a few occasions and he's been happy to see the game but was beastly careless about the Blues. Last year he asked me what the "orange CFC logo" he was seeing on some fans at the Blues v Pies practice game. I told him about the Carlton Respects program what that colour represents and he went straight to the merch stand and bought a Carlton Respects cap and guernsey. This initiative made an impact on him and he became a Bagger because of our commitment to this.

I notice all the Carlton Respects merch was sold out by the end of the year so there are a lot of fans happy with this campaign by the club. I think it's great. We seemed to be able to 'do some good in society' and win games of footy too! These things aren't mutually exclusive 😍

Go Blues!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back