Universal Love IKON Park Preliminary Final Live Site - Sat 23rd September From 4.30PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, I get the complaints. I did too, till I was told there is some form of redeemable thingy with the food & drink stands. How does that work, you buy your ticket going in and that gets you coupons for stuff? Sounds like the old VinExpo at the Exhibition buildings.

Last edited:
Nah, I get the complaints. I did too, till I was told there is some form of redeemable thingy with the food & drink stands. How does that work, you buy your ticket going in and that gets you coupons for stuff? Sounds the the old VinExpo at the Exhibition buildings.
Redeemable for 1 x Grand Final appearance on Sept 30th for your favourite football club 💙😂

Spot on! They need to make sure they break even at least on having staff and food and drinks available. There's a minority of Carlton fans who aren't prepared to pay for this, well that's fine, they don't have to come, but I know of at least 10 non-Carlton people who are coming along and are very happy about it. It's all relative 😂 You can't please everyone but those who are going will have a great time.
They have 4 games including the VFL Grand Final which is a fair sized event.
Staff would be stretched thin as it is, without taking into consideration that we are playing the biggest game in 20yrs in Qld!

I can promise u, there’s been some serious horse trading to not to be left behind & the club would be trying to accommodate all the staff as best as possible.

Throw in an extra 5000 (ish) people rocking up & wanting food and drink (not to mention the extra cleaning/facility managment) I am amazed they pulled this off.
It wouldn’t have been unreasonable for them to just say “it’s just too hard”.

The club & all involved deserve massive plaudits for pulling this off & giving back to the fans.

Please thank all the event staff when you are there - I’m sure they would prefer to be watching instead of enabling the event - few cheeky drinks for those guys at the end of the night are always appreciated 👍

Last edited:

They have 4 games including the VFL Grand Final which is a fair sized event.
Staff would be stretched thin as it is as, without taking into consideration that we are playing the biggest game in 20yrs in Qld!

I can promise u, there’s been some serious horse trading to not to be left behind & the club would be trying to accommodate all the staff as best as possible.

Throw in an extra 5000 (ish) people rocking up & wanting food and drink (not to mention the extra cleaning/facility managment) I am amazed they pulled this off.
It wouldn’t have been unreasonable for them to just say “it’s just too hard”.

The club & all involved deserve massive plaudits for pull this off & giving back to the fans.
Absolutely! My niece is a mad Carlton fan in her 20s who recently moved to Melbourne from Tas. Has suffered through the dark days her whole life and finally saw a final last week. She's never been to Ikon Park before and is absolutely ecstatic that this event is on at the club and she can get along and see the home of Carlton FC and all the 16 cups on display. There's about 30 of us going in a group now (even a Hawks and a Filth supporter going for the Blues) and we're all rapt this was even an option. Can't wait!

A big thumbs up to Carlton for arranging this. If we were a team like the Ain'ts, there's no way you'd get something like this to enjoy 💙

• Registration will commence from 3:30pm to 5:15pm outside Gate 5 and 6. Registration will be via the name used to purchase tickets.
  • A food and drink voucher will be provided at registration. These are single-use and can be used throughout the entirety of the game and are non-transferable.

Don't get all the pissing and moaning about exactly how the event should be run.

The fact the club is even doing something like this is epic.

For a long time, most of the club events have been $350pp black tie shindigs. We need more 'events for the people'.

Fans want to watch a huge interstate match as an event and the club has delivered as best it can - especially considering the matches being played this weekend.

I'm interstate but otherwise would have been all over this with the kids and mates. Well done Carlton, I say.

• Registration will commence from 3:30pm to 5:15pm outside Gate 5 and 6. Registration will be via the name used to purchase tickets.
  • A food and drink voucher will be provided at registration. These are single-use and can be used throughout the entirety of the game and are non-transferable.
Hi all, am looking for 2 tickets/entries to Ikon Park Sat a/oon, if anyone has 2 spare or isn’t turning up. Are members. Happy to fix you up for it. Appreciate any help, cheers

We have 4 tickets to ikon tonight that we now can't use due to our family situation.

looking for a reasonable offer for all 4 tickets. our cost was $100

Really want ikon full so let me know if you want them and make an offer. i can send you my purchase receipt with my name and details etc.
happy for money to be transferred via bank transfer or paypal

go blues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full credit to the club for putting on a great event to cheer the boys on. While the end result wasn't what we wanted and apart from some long queues for food. The 4 large screens set up around the ground made for a great atmosphere. Well done. 👏

Last edited:
Full credit to the club for putting on a great event to cheer the boys on. While the end result wasn't what we wanted and apart from some long queues for food. The 4 large screens set up around the ground made for a great atmosphere. Well done. 👏
I thought they did a fab job, especially with the stuff set up out the front for the kiddies. They did well to pull together an animal farm, free ice cream, face painting, coffee and inflatable obstacle courses with very little notice. Very impressive and worth the $25 per head.

I thought they did a fab job, especially with the stuff set up out the front for the kiddies. They did well to pull together an animal farm, free ice cream, face painting, coffee and inflatable obstacle courses with very little notice. Very impressive and worth the $25 per head.
Wow, didn't even see that as we parked near gate 5. Amazing effort.

boo to animal farms........boo........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back