Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

We are watching an imminent car crash in slow motion.

The Bont is not happy - has not been happy all off season - recontract discussions on hold - tension between Grant and Bevo not a healthy environment - Rohan Smith's firing did not go down well - assistant coaches are sub-par.

Macrae and Daniel abused and abandoned
English afraid of physical contact
Richards and Dale have lost all confidence
It would be great having speedy Vandermeer in the forward line if he didn't butcher opportunities

Imminent disaster tonight of we play Darcy, Lobb and English at the same time.
with Liber out - Bev will steal a forward to play the extra mid-fielder - Saint's rebound will destroy us.

Positives - very few so far
West - love how he has developed enough tricks to be of real value as a forward. Needs to be given more midfield time. All those games given to McComb and McNeil when West sat in the reserves is damning.

Khamis - Is the most athletic player on our list. Criminal he wasn't played last year. More damning he was played forward in the VFL. Love how he is developing.

There is nothing else to be happy about this year. Gallagher shows hints of something but in reality there just hints. You only notice them because everything else is going to custard.

“Herbert believes that kicking for goal, particularly from a set shot, is less about raw talent and more about routine and mindset.”
“There’s no one who is unable to kick really well. It’s how you manage your emotions and everything that goes with taking each and every shot,” he said.

I stopped reading there. Just another bizarre decision by the club.
Has anyone, including Herb, actually observed our forwards kicking?
It’s entirely biomechanical. Naughton is technically putrid and has never improved this aspect of his kicking, whilst Jamarra also has a significant fault in his technique whereby he swings his kicking leg across his body. And this isn’t just my opinion, it’s been highlighted by Matthew Lloyd on a number of occasions.
I know it’s a crazy idea but perhaps we should be paying more attention to a guy with 900+ goals before engaging someone who can putt a golf ball?

They should just show footage of plugger to the players. Look where you need to kick it then watch the ball the whole way onto your foot.

Voila

We are watching an imminent car crash in slow motion.

The Bont is not happy - has not been happy all off season - recontract discussions on hold - tension between Grant and Bevo not a healthy environment - Rohan Smith's firing did not go down well - assistant coaches are sub-par.

Macrae and Daniel abused and abandoned
English afraid of physical contact
Richards and Dale have lost all confidence
It would be great having speedy Vandermeer in the forward line if he didn't butcher opportunities

Imminent disaster tonight of we play Darcy, Lobb and English at the same time.
with Liber out - Bev will steal a forward to play the extra mid-fielder - Saint's rebound will destroy us.

Positives - very few so far
West - love how he has developed enough tricks to be of real value as a forward. Needs to be given more midfield time. All those games given to McComb and McNeil when West sat in the reserves is damning.

Khamis - Is the most athletic player on our list. Criminal he wasn't played last year. More damning he was played forward in the VFL. Love how he is developing.

There is nothing else to be happy about this year. Gallagher shows hints of something but in reality there just hints. You only notice them because everything else is going to custard.

Khamis and West should feel the most hard done by at the club. Was obvious from day dot they had more talent than a heap of guys we have played ahead of them. I understand Khamis wasn't fit enough early days but last year was an absolute waste of time developing him as the 6th string KPF.

I have a feeling at some point we'll go back to status quo and play all the former A.A's and see an uptick in trajectory. It will probably be too late though.

It’s funny how many were on here early last season when the Saints were on fire saying ‘this is what can happen when you change your coach’ when it seems pretty obvious they remain totally locked in no man’s land.

Yet, no sustained success, with 3 completely s**t down years from 21 and if the same trajectory is held this will be our worse year yet.

All our peers around the top 6 can constantly be there, Port, Geelong, Brisbane, Melbourne, why the hell are we always barely scraping into finals (if we’re lucky).

Bevo inherited the list in 15, GF in 16, couldn’t make finals in 17, 18, 19, lost to StK first elim final in 20, GF loss in 21, lost to Freo in 22, didn’t make it in 23, and now we’re being told we might have to rebuild/refresh/evolve again??? I’m sorry but no, it’s not great coaching at all. 21, 22 and 23 all should have been contending/top4/there-abouts but they haven’t been, and year on year we’re getting worse.

None of this speaks to good coaching to me.
Answering the bolded question is easy: Because all of those teams have a ridiculously unfair home ground advantage.

It’s funny how many were on here early last season when the Saints were on fire saying ‘this is what can happen when you change your coach’ when it seems pretty obvious they remain totally locked in no man’s land.

Come on. One game is great, but consistency of performance is what we’re looking for. Saints were poor tonight, but with what I’d argue is a significantly poorer list he’s had them in finals last year and in every game this year until the blowout tonight.

That was amazing from the dogs but where was it last week? That was as abject a performance I’ve seen in person for a while - actually no, since the pathetic performance that saw us lose to WC late last season.

Getting a team up for one week is great. Let’s hope it’s sustainable. I’ll enjoy tonight and the rest of the weekend, but will still be on tenterhooks as to what bulldogs team will come out next weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on. One game is great, but consistency of performance is what we’re looking for. Saints were poor tonight, but with what I’d argue is a significantly poorer list he’s had them in finals last year and in every game this year until the blowout tonight.

That was amazing from the dogs but where was it last week? That was as abject a performance I’ve seen in person for a while - actually no, since the pathetic performance that saw us lose to WC late last season.

Getting a team up for one week is great. Let’s hope it’s sustainable. I’ll enjoy tonight and the rest of the weekend, but will still be on tenterhooks as to what bulldogs team will come out next weekend.
I only said how bad St Kilda are. It wasn’t about us at all.

If you can’t see that, then you must have wool over your eyes. This coach is turning us into a rabble quickly
I don't want to get into a tit for tat with you but you need to understand that you are getting really riled up by the media.
That's the media's role to drive clicks by passionate supporters and it's working.
What is really hard is to see through what is being written and see it for what it is, an opinion from someone sitting in an office. The Dogs put in a stinker and they go with a made up narrative of coach/player disharmony, players wanting to leave, hell they have even gone with Bont wanting to leave...
How do I know that? Because I worked in at AFL Media for years and saw how they operated...
There are people in these forums that have better info than the journos... I'd recommend learning who those posters are and waiting for their posts...

I'm just watching Ross Lyon's press conference after our 11 goal win - very interesting to hear him say 'I didn't understand the noise around the Bulldogs, they had a flat last quarter against the Bombers'

I don't want to get into a tit for tat with you but you need to understand that you are getting really riled up by the media.
That's the media's role to drive clicks by passionate supporters and it's working.
What is really hard is to see through what is being written and see it for what it is, an opinion from someone sitting in an office. The Dogs put in a stinker and they go with a made up narrative of coach/player disharmony, players wanting to leave, hell they have even gone with Bont wanting to leave...
How do I know that? Because I worked in at AFL Media for years and saw how they operated...
There are people in these forums that have better info than the journos... I'd recommend learning who those posters are and waiting for their posts...

I'm just watching Ross Lyon's press conference after our 11 goal win - very interesting to hear him say 'I didn't understand the noise around the Bulldogs, they had a flat last quarter against the Bombers'

Lyon has much more credibility than most posters here and almost all the media clowns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Credit where it's due. Coached well tonight, and the team was awesome.

Red was great in the centre.
Macca was defensive and used it well.
Lobb was great with little reward.
Dale recaptured his best.
Naughts was great, and a dead eye.
Duryea was good, thought it was past him.
Buku gets better.
Darcy is gonna be scary.
Best game by Timmy for a while.
West has footy smarts in spades.

It was a great team effort.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't get this response. If we're not allowed to praise this one win, as it is just one game, the we should not have equally been so over the top against Essendon, as it was just one loss. One game is one game in both cases.

I don't get this response. If we're not allowed to praise this one win, as it is just one game, the we should not have equally been so over the top against Essendon, as it was just one loss. One game is one game in both cases.
Come off it, sick of all you I told you so’s on this board. Where was all this against Essendon? We’re 3-3 and should’ve been 5-1 or at least 4-2. We have beaten up on 3 very average teams. If we do this next week against Fremantle, and start to show that form against the better sides, then us passionate supporters will believe it. No one likes a smart alec

We are clearly playing a different game style, have a heap of new players playing, and lots of new coaches.

It is possible that we are doing the right thing, but will have games and sections of games where we don't click. You'd expect that to happen with changes.

It's probably the second half of the season once we are settled in that will be more telling. I feel like our depth is much better this season too which might play out more later in the season too. I note we have a harder draw then too.

Not really, when the Essendon loss is the standard for the past 7 years and the win against St Kilda is an outlier.

He's trying to reinvent the list by playing the kids we drafted who clearly have attributes for the modern game. Also he hasn't lost the players you saw Bont saying how close he was to Bevo so maybe Bont is more frustrated with Grant?

The question mark for Bev and this group is consistency. Too often under Bev our effort will ebb and flow from week to week. Frequently we only seem capable of playing as well as our opponent lets us. A switched on opponent too often means we have a stinker. Even if it’s an opponent that just turns the heat up for a quarter or half, we often fail to go with them.

I hope we go over to Perth next week and assert ourselves and even if not win, put in another four quarter effort like last night and don’t revert to mentally packing it in if it all gets too hard, like the Melbourne and Essendon games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back