Injury Fyfe Fractures Leg Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Our supposedly best in the business medical staff really dropped the ball on this one. He's looked injured all season and now he's re-broken his leg. He obviously wasn't ready to start playing again yet.

Our supposedly best in the business medical staff really dropped the ball on this one. He's looked injured all season and now he's re-broken his leg. He obviously wasn't ready to start playing again yet.

His leg got whacked into the Astro turf surrounds so think you're full of it

Well that news just sucks big time. :(

At least with the season going the way it has, we'd have been able to go along and watch the best in the business do what he does...

Ah well. I feel bad for him - he lives and breathes footy, but I hope he takes his time, gets his helicopter licence completed, goes back to the farm and drives the trucks (once he can put some pressure on the leg of course!), and that Weber and the docs and physios don't hurry him back this year. No point really is there?

Best wishes to Nat as he recovers from this set-back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I brought this issue up last year, Freo have the worst medical team in the competition.

Time after time they bring back players injured, only for them to struggle.

Fyfe is the future of the club, bloody hell they should be cautious with him the most. He isn't a spud they can be brought back asap

Yep, must be an uncanny coincidence that he injured the same leg in the same place twice.

I also blame them for Bennel being out for so long, why the F*** was he made to play WAFL to 'prove' himself when there were issues with the calf.

I brought this issue up last year, Freo have the worst medical team in the competition.

Time after time they bring back players injured, only for them to struggle.

Fyfe is the future of the club, bloody hell they should be cautious with him the most. He isn't a spud they can be brought back asap

Yeah, I am not really sure how some people consider our medical team to be the best in the business when we've consistently got one of the longest injury lists in the competition. I guess they just consider us really unlucky. Sometimes you make your own luck.

Sad news. I'm not a Freo supporter but any AFL fan loves to watch a player with Fyfe's skill and intensity. On the bright side, with a number of important senior players out, this is a great chance for Freo to get some games into the young kids and give them more responsibility in the middle.

Here is hoping that whenever he gets back on the ground, Fyfe is fit and firing, and this is the last we hear of his leg problems.

Silver linings:

It's only bone - better than a serious ligament tendon or muscular injury

It's only the fibula - a structually less important bone with little ramifications, definitely a preferred one to break with weight bearing possible early in recovery

It still amazes me that everyone is all of a sudden is a medical expert on the internet.

Feel for Nat and wishing him all the best on a speedy and lasting recovery.

I would like to think that just a few years of tertiary study allows a throwaway comment on a football forum about an injury

It still amazes me that everyone is all of a sudden is a medical expert on the internet.

Feel for Nat and wishing him all the best on a speedy and lasting recovery.

Most medical experts in sport are Yes men, that are told to bring back players at all costs.

The only player to question them is G.Ablett and boy did he get smashed by the media.

Insanely bad luck for Nat. A pity we won't be able to watch him go around for a while, but as others have already said this is a great chance for some young guys to step-up and fill the breach. Have any of the Peel watchers got some thoughts on who would be a likely replacement (I use that term very loosely given it is Fyfe)?

If Johnson is also injured, Collins may also get some game time. Haven't seen any Peel games so can't profess to know how those guys are tracking and if he'd be ahead of Silvagni and Smith?

I know the next few months could be gut wrenching but I hoping we get to see what depth we have in the list. Wellers last 2 games have been solid, Tucker showed a few good signs but not a great game for the young fella to debut in, would like to see more of Grey, Hughes, Blakely, Smith, DeLuca, Langdon even Balic if his wrist injury comes good so we can develop/draft the list accordingly. If ever there was a time to do that, sure it is now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back