Corey Wagner Earns His AFL Debut... again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 18, 2013
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
After an absolutely s**t start to the year...

...after weeks of reading one pissed off, disappointed ranting post after another (and writing a fair few of them myself)...

Here FINALLY - is a bit of a good news story to warm the cockles of purple-clad hears everywhere. Click here, have a read, and cheer the fcuk up!

If the Freo BF boards...

...can't get behind a Freo player,...

... FINALLY making the starting 22...

...after being delisted twice in four years, then undergoing a further 1,324 consecutive days of waiting, trying, and never giving up hope....

...then there is no honor left at this club, there is no hope for its supporters, and it's time for me to f-off and take up knitting.

(;);))

Follow his family's lead, and get around him you purple-headed bunch of grumpy old bastards!! Finally something to celebrate.

Official Club Link: A Club debut as Wagner returns to the big stage

Last edited:

From a Fantasy perspective whats his scoring potential and job security like?
In our current team you mean?

Mate - if it could take a mark, a dead three legged pig in purple speedos could land a forward role in our team right now. 🙄

If he's halfway decent, they'll keep him in for at least two to three games. The blokes he's replaced in the team currently seem to be having a crisis of confidence.

From a Fantasy perspective whats his scoring potential and job security like?
2 Answers if he plays really well job security would be good.
plays poorly Not so good With Chappy Warner etc waiting in wings .
From a fantasy perspective I am a watch

Let me preface this with i've had many beers and just got home

I also have to rewatch tomorrow, lets make no mistake, im not sitting here happy with the teams performance

Alright so heres the bad side, he was f@#king shocking

Here is what i like though, he kept coming

he made 3 massive blunders in the first BUT he continually asked for the ball, he kept running and trying to force a game, yes we did better when he wasn't involved BUT he was happy to try and be the bloke who would actually take a handball from the deepest defender, he was happy to try and run the ball out of our fifty

Maybe if we could get his mindset into Wilson it would be great BUT we have Wagner for another 6 years (if we want him) There is a chance we can do something with him from here

I love the confidence of a player not quite getting it right but to keep coming and presenting is an asset, we wont get away with it against the good(or average) sides but there is a little bit to work with here

Let me preface this with i've had many beers and just got home

I also have to rewatch tomorrow, lets make no mistake, im not sitting here happy with the teams performance

Alright so heres the bad side, he was f@#king shocking

Here is what i like though, he kept coming

he made 3 massive blunders in the first BUT he continually asked for the ball, he kept running and trying to force a game, yes we did better when he wasn't involved BUT he was happy to try and be the bloke who would actually take a handball from the deepest defender, he was happy to try and run the ball out of our fifty

Maybe if we could get his mindset into Wilson it would be great BUT we have Wagner for another 6 years (if we want him) There is a chance we can do something with him from here

I love the confidence of a player not quite getting it right but to keep coming and presenting is an asset, we wont get away with it against the good(or average) sides but there is a little bit to work with here
Actually like him wanting to move the ball on quicker. Get the ball off Cox or Pearce’s hands and run the ball out.
His mistakes can be fixed.
Wilson has gone into a ball and just gone to throwing the boot on ball. It’s stale.
If Wagner continues to make things happen and add dash, it’ll flow into the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was cringing for the poor guy when he was on track to have one of the all time shocking club debuts but kudos, he didn't drop his head and steadied the ship.

Should get another chance and hopefully won't have the reverse Midas touch next time.

He was mostly poor. Desire was there but his executions could have been costly, exactly what we've criticising Henry for.

However, unlike Henry this was his club debut, and he was trying hard to find his feet. The game ebbed and flowed and became a tussle, so he will benefit from that.....but it remains to be seen if he's a longer-term fix, because what he did was quite, what we like to say, 'Dockery'.

If he stays in hopefully the experience and the win on debut has buoyed him and he is cleaner next time, he'll need to be

The reasons he was delisted twice were on display. Size and kicking skills. They aren't really things that can be fixed. The size is less of an issue when the rest of our defence is pretty tall, just have to make sure he isn't isolated on a bigger player. But the ball drop and kicking action was not pretty.

But he did have a strong desire to take the game on and didn't drop his head which was a positive. If he can run the ball out and create an overlap to handball to Clark/Young/etc, then maybe it will work. Give him a few more games but I think he is up against it unless his kicking skills improve considerably.

Read the ball better in the second half including taking a mark in front of his opponent. He will be ok. Needs to work on the one on one body work.

He was mostly poor. Desire was there but his executions could have been costly, exactly what we've criticising Henry for.

However, unlike Henry this was his club debut, and he was trying hard to find his feet. The game ebbed and flowed and became a tussle, so he will benefit from that.....but it remains to be seen if he's a longer-term fix, because what he did was quite, what we like to say, 'Dockery'.

If he stays in hopefully the experience and the win on debut has buoyed him and he is cleaner next time, he'll need to be
His excecution was poor in the WAFL last week so I was surprised they selected him so soon. But his VFL coach says he has elite kicking skills, so he might improve in that area

Remove this Banner Ad

Back