Solved Gable Tostee - Tinder death

Remove this Banner Ad

I just listened to the recording and would just like to ask what other evidence is there that Gable did not place Warriena over the balcony edge himself? How does the witness timeline of hearing Warriena say "I want to go home" line up with the witness seeing Warriena hanging over the edge and with what is on the recording?

It just seems so dodgy that Gable stops communicating with her once he was had his epic rage and moved her against her will. He stops like he knows that's it. With his weird dialog he had with her (and his phone) before the balcony, wouldn't he just say stuff like "now don't do anything stupid out there" or "don't try and climb down" or at least still communicate something. He completely ignores her which he didn't do at all earlier in the night.

At no point on the recording or in earlier talks on the transcript does Warriena sound crazy to me. Gable's behavior is dodgy all the time. How hard is it say please leave or just shut youself in your bedroom or bathroom. At no point is she overly destructive to his property or him. He also acts like he has hidden her belongings from her and is fueling any aggression she has. Her aggression is minimal compared to his and is almost the response of his behaviour. He talks like he is toying with her and at no point does he sound to be in fear for his safety. He acted way, way over the top given the situation. Whether he just locked her out against her will or actually left her haging I would say his behaviour does account to reckless indifference to human life.
You hear him shut the door in the recording and hear her voice become muffled because of the glass barrier while his breathing remains clear. The glass door was I believe 3.5 metres or so from the balcony edge.

A person living underneath him saw Warriena's legs hanging over the balcony while she screamed before she fell. The recording links up with what the neighbour saw and him being inside his apartment before then.

You can hear her right near the door when he slams it shut.

If you were wondering why he stops it would be the barrier created gave him momentary relief from someone who had been violent with him and who he had just been struggling with for some time.

I am guessing he was going to gather his thoughts for a few seconds, maybe put something there to hold the front door to his apartment open(he outlined issues of opening the front door on BB.com) there would be an exit for her if she struggled on the way out again. Instead she climbs over in seconds a move not really forseeable in that timeline and completely irrational.

It sounds like you really do not give a * about her being violent unprovoked to him at stages during the night. I am unsure how you could see her as being of sound mind that evening from what we know.

And finally as I have said many times in this thread. You can be scared and have it be in your best interests to not show it.

You hear him shut the door in the recording and hear her voice become muffled because of the glass barrier while his breathing remains clear. The glass door was I believe 3.5 metres or so from the balcony edge.

A person living underneath him saw Warriena's legs hanging over the balcony while she screamed before she fell. The recording links up with what the neighbour saw and him being inside his apartment before then.

You can hear her right near the door when he slams it shut.

If you were wondering why he stops it would be the barrier created gave him momentary relief from someone who had been violent with him and who he had just been struggling with for some time.

I am guessing he was going to gather his thoughts for a few seconds, maybe put something there to hold the front door to his apartment open(he outlined issues of opening the front door on BB.com) there would be an exit for her if she struggled on the way out again. Instead she climbs over in seconds a move not really forseeable in that timeline and completely irrational.

It sounds like you really do not give a **** about her being violent unprovoked to him at stages during the night. I am unsure how you could see her as being of sound mind that evening from what we know.

And finally as I have said many times in this thread. You can be scared and have it be in your best interests to not show it.

What you said is strong evidence for just being locked out so I guess that is why the prosecution is going with that too. Everything else is a weak argument against murder or manslaughter though.

Where on the recording is Gable being resonable with her? He doesn't repeatedly ask her to leave, and whatever injuries he had from a "violent woman" are almost non-existent.

She was drunk, not crazy. He sounded like he enjoyed the whole drama of being in charge, joking to the recording device "god help me" etc.

Ok...

After wasting time removing posts

- no further user identity discussion
- no stating of court room proceedings that has not been made via public media release
- no discussion of evidence which has not been released either modified or not
- no attacking opinions of others or thread derailing

BigFooty is not the place to be used as a public forum for your personal objectives in clearing your name or attacking the opinion of others who do not prescribe to your beliefs. Repetition will see the post removed and poster thread banned

Last edited:
I just listened to the recording and would just like to ask what other evidence is there that Gable did not place Warriena over the balcony edge himself?
There is no evidence he did put her over and the prosecution never alleged it.

At no point on the recording or in earlier talks on the transcript does Warriena sound crazy to me. Gable's behavior is dodgy all the time.
the full recording absolutely disproves what you say.

How hard is it say please leave or just shut youself in your bedroom or bathroom.
? He did say that in a calm voice, and she refused.

At no point is she overly destructive to his property or him.
That is not the point - she threw rocks around the place, she grabbed his stuff and tried to do him GBH with it. That is illegal and a serious matter. The prosecution, who are trying to secure a conviction for Wright, said as much.

He also acts like he has hidden her belongings from
her and is fueling any aggression she has.
Could you explain how you determined this from a written transcript?

Her aggression is minimal compared to his
The full recording absolutely disproves what you say.

He talks like he is toying with her and at no point does he sound to be in fear for his safety.
The recording absolutely disproves what you say.

He acted way, way over the top given the situation.
How? He asked her to leave and she didn't. A Physical response was called for. Immediately afterwards she had enough energy to continuously scream at the top of her lungs, and scale down a building. Obviously Tostee did her no harm. Forensics doesn't support that premise either.

There is no evidence he did put her over and the prosecution never alleged it.

You're right, the prosecution is probably correct and I think it is most likely he locked her on the balcony.

the full recording absolutely disproves what you say.

Not from my point of view. She sounds either playfully drunk or fed up with Gable being too clingy. He sounds like he is being way too affectionate with her and she is trying to deflect it and figure out how to leave.

? He did say that in a calm voice, and she refused.

No, he says numerous things to try and get her to stay the night, even during the so called "violence." She actually sounds like she wants to leave, she says "have a good night" a lot. The closest he gets to letting her leave is "I'll walk you home" which she doesn't want a bar of either and even he doesn't want to let her go that easily.

That is not the point - she threw rocks around the place, she grabbed his stuff and tried to do him GBH with it. That is illegal and a serious matter. The prosecution, who are trying to secure a conviction for Wright, said as much.

Throwing pebbles is not a serious matter. Locking someone up against their will is. From my point of view he was controlling her from the moment the recording started and she sounds like she is being held as a prisoner.

Could you explain how you determined this from a written transcript?

He doesn't want her to leave, and she can't find her stuff. e.g. Gable says "There is a ton of your stuff here. Hey I didn’t say you have to leave." - There we go again, he is trying to keep her around, whilst she tries to leave.

The full recording absolutely disproves what you say.

Not from my point of view. She acts like a prisoner trying to leave her captor.

The recording absolutely disproves what you say.

No, it does not.

How? He asked her to leave and she didn't. A Physical response was called for. Immediately afterwards she had enough energy to continuously scream at the top of her lungs, and scale down a building. Obviously Tostee did her no harm. Forensics doesn't support that premise either.
[/QUOTE]

Show me all the dialog where he is asking her to leave, and giving her every opportunity to do so.The point where he as her held down and says I'm going to walk you out without your stuff is not asking her to leave. At that point she still really wants her money and phone. She tries to leave multiple times before this where he attempts to talk her out of it.

In summary to me the recording sounds like he has a major crush on this chick, he realises he is getting rejected, overreacts to her "beating him up" when he tries to cuddle her too much, doesn't want her to leave and ends up holding her captive. After attempts to collect her belongings and leave have failed, she is pushed outside against her will and is trapped on the balcony with a big guy inside that has already threatened to throw her off the balcony.

The fact that her death occurred while she was being held against her will is the serious crime here.

Last edited:
It is pretty clear you have a massive dislike for Tostee, slark.

Assuming a verdict is handed down today there will definitely be a not guilty verdict for the murder charge when I get home and in all likelyhood for all charges.

This case was a witchhunt and a joke. The prosecution argument was the weakest I have seen for the murder charge.

Its a weak case nonetheless considering the jury has been asked to consider a lesser manslaughter charge in the absence of finding guilty of murder

It is pretty clear you have a massive dislike for Tostee, slark.

Assuming a verdict is handed down today there will definitely be a not guilty verdict for the murder charge when I get home and in all likelyhood for all charges.

This case was a witchhunt and a joke. The prosecution argument was the weakest I have seen for the murder charge.

Prior to the trial and from what I had understood from the media it just sounded like a tinder date gone wrong with a crazy girl and I was indifferent to Gable. I honestly thought he was just trying to get a shag and send her on her way.

Now that I've had a chance to look at the evidence over the past day, I'm actually surprised by Gable acting extremely smitten and clearing craving love with Warriena. He doesn't want her to leave and even the two fleeting moments in the transcript where he considers letting her go he still decides otherwise.

When someone is with another late in the night they have either two thoughts, to spend the night in each other's arms or get the hell out. Gable was the former, Warriena the later.

From her point of view she had spent over an 1hr trying to leave without success, and would likely felt that she was trapped since walking through the door earlier in the night. Gable denied her her right to freedom and any "violence" she showed was her trying to say she isn't interested and her defending herself in the final minutes. If I walk outside on a windy day I'd get more superficial injuries than what Gable received.

Once the recording started the acceptable way to treat a guest in your home would be by saying "let me help you find your belingings so you can be on your way." Every thing on the recording is a deprivation of liberty, and Gable's behaviour post incident and his conversation with his dad was an attempt to create the false idea that this poor girl was crazy and that he wasn't mega crushing and possessive of her.

If the jury is filled with normal human beings they will see that he is at least guilty of deprivation of liberity leading to death. Which amounts to criminally negligent manslaughter.

Prior to the trial and from what I had understood from the media it just sounded like a tinder date gone wrong with a crazy girl and I was indifferent to Gable. I honestly thought he was just trying to get a shag and send her on her way.

Now that I've had a chance to look at the evidence over the past day, I'm actually surprised by Gable acting extremely smitten and clearing craving love with Warriena. He doesn't want her to leave and even the two fleeting moments in the transcript where he considers letting her go he still decides otherwise.

When someone is with another late in the night they have either two thoughts, to spend the night in each other's arms or get the hell out. Gable was the former, Warriena the later.

From her point of view she had spent over an 1hr trying to leave without success, and would likely felt that she was trapped since walking through the door earlier in the night. Gable denied her her right to freedom and any "violence" she showed was her trying to say she isn't interested and her defending herself in the final minutes. If I walk outside on a windy day I'd get more superficial injuries than what Gable received.

Once the recording started the acceptable way to treat a guest in your home would be by saying "let me help you find your belingings so you can be on your way." Every thing on the recording is a deprivation of liberty, and Gable's behaviour post incident and his conversation with his dad was an attempt to create the false idea that this poor girl was crazy and that he wasn't mega crushing and possessive of her.

If the jury is filled with normal human beings they will see that he is at least guilty of deprivation of liberity leading to death. Which amounts to criminally negligent manslaughter.

Great post, the multiple accounts that Tostee/Eric Thomas has won't like what you have to say here. Although he should be in Court now so he won't reply until the lunch break I imagine.

Last edited:

The deprivation of liberty part would fly better if the duration was more than 10 seconds or so before she climbed over.

It is also material that the door was used to create a barrier between them to diffuse a physical dispute.

Her actions on that balcony are flat out irrational. Tostee never had it in him to punch her after rocks drew blood from him and she had tried to hit him with a metal object. He restrained her in a way to cause the least physical damage to her. Despite his seemingly autistic communication with her that is not the actions of a man who is going to kill her.

Great post, the multiple accounts that Tostee/Eric Thomas has won't like what you have to say here.

like anyone else, if he/she doesnt like the opinion they can move along

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is also material that the door was used to create a barrier between them to diffuse a physical dispute.

Let me ask you this.. Instead of the balcony would a reasonable person not consider the front door. If she causes an issue, let building security deal with it

Let me ask you this.. Instead of the balcony would a reasonable person not consider the front door. If she causes an issue, let building security deal with it

Reasonable person? Ha, have you read any information about Tostee?

Reasonable person? Ha, have you read any information about Tostee?

yes I have read information and chose to keep my own personal opinion of the accused out of this thread. The question for the jury to consider is what would a reasonable person do in that situation. Push her out the front door or lock her out on the balcony in the state she was.

The court's objective test is always based on what would a reasonable person in the position of the defendant do.

yes I have read information and chose to keep my own personal opinion of the accused out of this thread. The question for the jury to consider is what would a reasonable person do in that situation. Push her out the front door or lock her out on the balcony in the state she was.

The court's objective test is always based on what would a reasonable person in the position of the defendant do.

What the jury has to consider is whether Tostee choking her/laying his arm across her throat was grievous bodily harm. If it was then the locking on balcony that followed will be murder.

What's the problem with calling out the actual person who this thread is based on when he has had made 70 or so detailed posts to clear his name?

Maybe if he wasn't on this site actually engaging with people I would understand. Fairly sure a person accused of murder posting information to bigfooty during the trial is a bigger problem than calling him out for doing so? What am I missing?

What's the problem with calling out the actual person who this thread is based on when he has had made 70 or so detailed posts to clear his name?

See the following post

After wasting time removing posts

- no further user identity discussion

If you cant follow basic instructions then leave the thread. This thread already had countless posts derailing the topic on identification of the poster. Whilst this is a public forum, rules apply. We've had other threads end in a complete cluster* because they were hijacked for similar reasons.

Last warning.

What the poster writes is a matter of opinion, nothing else and this is not the place for people to prove innocence or otherwise. Thats what the court room is for

I do not think there is any point in debating with you your comments show that you believe the media spin and so you have it in for Tostee. You refuse to take in any point I made.

Another person who buys into media spin. there has been so much erroneous reporting in this case it is not funny.

Q. Where is your proof Aware is Tostee? A: you have none. That is what you are missing. you are so biased that you can't even entertain the idea that anyone else except Tostee himself would stick up for him. A lot of people support him. Thank God we have a judicial system.

Ha, a lot of people support him? There has not been 1 syllable of public support uttered in his direction, unless you'd like to correct me with links to relevant article?

Simply a matter of googling all the media reports where his ex dates stuck up for him, and on his FB page (when it was open) 50% of commenters there were supporting him.

So again, it is just you making up things and being ignorant of the facts.

So you can't provide me with a 1 example of someone supporting him? Ha. Very happy to be enlightened if you can send me a link with an indication of public support for Twistee. I googled him just like you said and the first link was to this video:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1111845/Woman-speaks-brush-Gable-Tostee-Tinder.html

"Roses are red, violets are blue, I have a gun, get in my van". Enough said.

So you can't provide me with a 1 example of someone supporting him? Ha. Very happy to be enlightened if you can send me a link with an indication of public support for Twistee. I googled him just like you said and the first link was to this video:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1111845/Woman-speaks-brush-Gable-Tostee-Tinder.html

"Roses are red, violets are blue, I have a gun, get in my van". Enough said.

I support him. Innocent until proven guilty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back