Game of Sloane (THE OFFICIAL HE IS STAYING thread) Thread now closed

Do you think Sloane will stay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd cry if Rory left

Even if we were successful afterwards it wouldn't be the same without him. He's Adelaide in a way Dangerfield never was.

Would be like Modra leaving which was only tolerable due to the two flags.
I sort of agree with your sentiment but if it led to two flags then see ya later Rory!

I'd cry if Rory left

Even if we were successful afterwards it wouldn't be the same without him. He's Adelaide in a way Dangerfield never was.

Would be like Modra leaving which was only tolerable due to the two flags.

If it weren't for the 2 premierships, Blight would be considered public enemy #1 in SA for driving Modra away...

In all seriousness, is there any indication that Sloane is actually considering not re-signing with Adelaide? Or is it just a media beat up?

From an outsider's perspective, he seems to be totally committed to the Crows.
You get a very different feeling about this situation than you did with Dangerfield.

In all seriousness, is there any indication that Sloane is actually considering not re-signing with Adelaide? Or is it just a media beat up?

You get a very different feeling about this situation than you did with Dangerfield.
Media made a connection to his wife Belinda's hosting role at the Brownlow as a precursor to a much bigger role with Channel 7 in Melbourne next year. And its convenient that Rory happens to come off contract next year as a FA.

Last edited:
Media made a connection to his wife Belinda's hosting role at the Brownlow as a precursor to a much bigger role with Channel 7 in Melbourne next year. And its convenient that Rory happens to come off contract next year year as a FA.

So it's more media speculation than anything concrete?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid just said on SEN that he spoke to Sloane before he left on leave, and will be sitting down with him and his management when he comes back. He said hopefully we will have some good news... sooner than later.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it :)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Caro’s just said that she expects him to stay based on what she’s hearing

It actually originated on here when one of our own posters (with the undeserved reputation of an oracle and the cheerleaders to match) suggested it.

Big Footy —> Media —> Big Footy.

It’s not happening. Lifelong Crow.

He may get to St. Kilda in a Hodge type deal when he’s 45 years old.

“It seems to me Rory Sloane isn’t going anywhere and will be pretty delighted with the acquisition of Bryce Gibbs,” Caro told FIVEaa on Thursday.
“I’ve never sort of thought that he was any danger of going. We might even hear some news on Rory Sloane in the next few months…”
“I couldn’t swear before Christmas, but I am absolutely sure that deal will get done, absolutely certain.”

Caro FWIW

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/row...Is-Tipping-A-Massive-Rory-Sloane-Announcement

Last edited:
“It seems to me Rory Sloane isn’t going anywhere and will be pretty delighted with the acquisition of Bryce Gibbs,” Caro told FIVEaa on Thursday.
“I’ve never sort of thought that he was any danger of going. We might even hear some news on Rory Sloane in the next few months…”
“I couldn’t swear before Christmas, but I am absolutely sure that deal will get done, absolutely certain.”

Caro FWIW

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/row...Is-Tipping-A-Massive-Rory-Sloane-Announcement
Always loved that lady. She's nice.

Caro FWIW

Caro "if i had all the details I would have written a different story" Wilson?

Chuck her in the Kornes/Rucci pile for the moment I think .

Disagree. Think she went from 1 for 101 to 5 for 186. Still salvageable, but it's going to take a lot of hard work to get back.
Which may be why she's taking this angle re sloane and why I consider it just more noise to add to other meaningless noise 1 way or another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back