Games with most lead changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Brown

Rookie
Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone know which games throughout history have had the most number of lead changes?

To me it’s the best stat to look at when finding entertaining games to watch, especially if the lead changes are late in the game.

Would be keen to hear about the games you know of that meet this criteria.

Wouldn’t mind hearing about games from other sports as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone know which games throughout history have had the most number of lead changes?

To me it’s the best stat to look at when finding entertaining games to watch, especially if the lead changes are late in the game.

Would be keen to hear about the games you know of that meet this criteria.

Wouldn’t mind hearing about games from other sports as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I get where you are coming from but the most lead changes can also mean kick to kick footy...... you goal then we goal.

Some great games are when teams are behind most of the day but close, then go bang bang and win the game in the last minute.

I get where you are coming from but the most lead changes can also mean kick to kick footy...... you goal then we goal.

Some great games are when teams are behind most of the day but close, then go bang bang and win the game in the last minute.

Of course, I love a good comeback too, probably is another worthwhile list to build is largest deficits overcome.

Of course, I love a good comeback too, probably is another worthwhile list to build is largest deficits overcome.

While I don't have a copy of the Record Season Guide on me at the moment, I'm fairly certain that it contains the list. Off the top of my head, the Dons hold the record (69 point comeback vs North in 2001), followed by Hawthorn (63 point comeback vs St Kilda in 1999).

Others that aren't right up the top of the list but are still quite a feat include the Saints (55 point comeback vs the Dogs in 2015) and West Coast (54 point comeback vs Geelong in 2006)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back