Gavin Brown - the silence is deafening

Remove this Banner Ad

Simpkin, LDU, LMac, TT all first round draft picks who have been in the system for a few years and none have developed into elite players yet. The only players to come to North since 2013 and who developed into better AFL-standard players were Higgins and Waite - both already 100 gamers. North Melbourne is the place to go to develop into not much. Head of development? Duck him off.

I guess I must be watching a different LDU. He walks into every other team in the league easily.

"A move back to Victoria saw Greaves spend time with North Melbourne as Head of Player Development and has most recently filled the role of AFL Field Umpires Coach since the end of 2019."

I want to know what happened to this bloke. Was with us for a quick second and then cut.

"Having been a member of North Melbourne’s coaching staff since 2014, Brown has retained his position as Head of Development heading into 2022."

Meanwhile we act as if there was never an interruption. Gavin just jumps back into his old role I guess? We identified a need for change and then decided not to change?

Last edited:

We've had problems with skill development for a long time. Every club recruits players whose skills aren't great at the start. We generally don't improve them and it's a big reason why our sides have turned it over so much coming out of defence.

So time for change in player development too.

Clarko and Todd were never going to take the broom through the whole of Arden Street at the start of their tenure given all the instability that we'd been through in previous years. But I'd be very disappointed if Brown isn't one of the first out the door at the end of this season something's got to give.

Clarko and Todd were never going to take the broom through the whole of Arden Street at the start of their tenure given all the instability that we'd been through in previous years. But I'd be very disappointed if Brown isn't one of the first out the door at the end of this season something's got to give.
Majority of the coaching staff now have a sub 15% win record since starting their coaching duties at North.
Everyone should be on notice.
I really hope Clarko is trying to get some new faces to the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carries a fair bit of responsibility for our leaders checking out and not leading the way considering how long he's been at the club.

Brad and Cam Joyce have copped a bit over the journey but our development is our single biggest issue.

Same as the last few years, players check out once the season is near and some of their mates aren't getting contracts.

Not sure of Mark Williams contract status at Melbourne, but I'd rather ask the AFL for footy cap relief than PP's. Need it far more. Give him a blank cheque.

Enoughs enough. Footballers come to this club and for whatever reason none ever come on. Why the f*** is that?
Time for a new voice.
Enough excuses lets cut the bullshit. It hasnt worked for years.

Has to go.

Our development has been deplorable for years.

In the off-season we need to head hunt the best list manager and the best development manager in the game and make both of them the highest paid in the league.

We are going nowhere but backwards with the current set up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back