Gawn or Grundy?

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I was clear that I liked the one who tapped it to himself and snapped the goal. Not sure what the relevance of who has kicked the most goals is. I assume your post is a way of moving through your pain after Friday night's result. Hope you feel better soon.
Gawn has done that, most ruck men have. Feeling much better thanks how bout you?

Grundy’s ground game was fantastic again. He has set himself some ridiculously high standards based on this thread.

Ruck work? Not too many to advantage, could have been better.
Fantastic?

Did he even have 10 touches for the game?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He's wrong anyway, people only remember the end of Cox's career not the start at the same age Grundy is a mile better.

Grundy is a better tap ruckmen now than Cox ever was. Only bloke to have dexterity close to Nic Nat

However despite the stats - cox’s open play game was better

Better in the air and immensely better foot skills - cox’s kicking ability (both feet) is criminally underrated -

Grundy is a better tap ruckmen now than Cox ever was. Only bloke to have dexterity close to Nic Nat

However despite the stats - cox’s open play game was better

Better in the air and immensely better foot skills - cox’s kicking ability (both feet) is criminally underrated -

wtf

Gawn is a significantly better tap ruck than Grundy lol

Where did I mention Gawn?

Gawn’s height definitely allows him to win more taps - but dexterity to hit targets 360 - I give it to Grundy
Nope.

Watch Gawn next time

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t understand why teams dint play two rucks ....mason cox barely rucks .....not sure why ...he is limited as a forward

Lycett and vardy aren’t elite as a singular ruck but as combo they beat Gawn and Grundy

Two rucks allows the other guy to go forward

Vardy was great yesterday ...yet Grundy never went forward

If I had to pick one Grundy is the better player but as a tap ruckman Gawn

But if your going combo deal with fries ...Lycett and vardy thanks ...lolz just jokes

But it does beg the question ....I think it’s a bloody lot to ask one ruck to ruck a whole game

Don’t understand why teams dint play two rucks ....mason cox barely rucks .....not sure why ...he is limited as a forward

Lycett and vardy aren’t elite as a singular ruck but as combo they beat Gawn and Grundy

But if your going combo deal with fries ...Lycett and vardy thanks ...lolz just jokes

But it does beg the question ....I think it’s a bloody lot to ask one ruck to ruck a whole game
In round 22 Gawn thrashed Lycett and Vardy.

One all.

In round 22 Gawn thrashed Lycett and Vardy.

One all.

He did yes

He sat behind the play a lot as an extra back too ...in the prelim we manned him up

I like Gawn but his kicking isn’t dean cox ...sorry cox was a phenomenal kick of the ball

If I was picking a player I’d pick Grundy just but it’s toss of coin

Not bagging Gawn at all

He did yes

He sat behind the play a lot as an extra back too ...in the prelim we manned him up

I like Gawn but his kicking isn’t dean cox ...sorry cox was a phenomenal kick of the ball

If I was picking a player I’d pick Grundy just but it’s toss of coin

Not bagging Gawn at all
You're welcome to pick whom you like.

Gawn is the better tap ruckman and contested mark, which for me is more valuable than a ruckman who gets more scrappy disposals and tackles more.

Each to their own.

Don’t understand why teams dint play two rucks ...

Wouldn’t be surprised if Melbourne, Collingwood and sone other teams reassess the one ruck option next year.

Melbourne seem right into Pruess. Perhaps Goodwin is going to have a big look at 2 rucks.

Melbourne seem right into Pruess. Perhaps Goodwin is going to have a big look at 2 rucks.

I’m staggered teams don’t play two rucks ....staggered

We’ve done it for 30 years

The second ruck must be able to play forward .....

I’ve seen teams okay one ruck and he gets injured ....geez

I said pregame WC have a lot of experience dealing with elite ruckman. They know how to shut them down.

They did the same tactic versus Gawn and Grundy. They basically used their own ruckman as a tag. Considering how rarely it is done both Gawn and Grundy were completely unused to it.

Worked a treat on both of them. I wonder if other teams might try the same thing next year?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back