2nds Geelong Cats 2018 VFL Season - Tom Atkins B&F Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

What about House? How’s he going?
Very quiet today. Biggest takeaway is Jones makes really good position, just needs to fix up his disposal and decision making.

cats win, and it looks like jj kicked a goal after the siren? difficult to tell from the cats twitter report

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who keeps demanding that Gardiner should get a game should watch him today. Won’t be on the list next year.

Yes he will. Interrupted pre-season and just getting back into things. Great attitude. Will make it I reckon.

Great to see Jones kick 4 ...

Yep can’t see Gardner being chopped.
Easy day for the tall backs today. Neither sides tall forwards got on top.
Black probably better than either Gardiner or House down back. Wylie would have had a good game if he held marks better.

Just got home after watching the first 3/4. I paid closer attention to the recruits and few others. No one stood out as an automatic inclusion for the AFL.

Miers strikes me as the sort of player who won’t get a lot of but will make the most of his opportunities when he gets it. Kicked 2 and had another 2 hit the post.

Constable had several clearances but each time they were snaps across the body to chf. He has more time than he thinks to steady. I guess he wasn’t helped by his fellow mids who weren’t presenting for the quick hands.

Crameri presented and looked good with it but needs a couple more runs before AFL.

Zac Smith was disappointing, I saw him get out marked by a guy who was a foot shorter than him because he tried to take a chest mark. May have got a rocket after this because his next two attacks on the footy were pretty strong at it. Unfortunately seems to be playing like a man low on confidence.

I did like JJ game, shows a bit of toe and snags a couple.

Black probably better than either Gardiner or House down back. Wylie would have had a good game if he held marks better.
Depends on how you try to look at it. Gardner and House has the harder opponents who were quiet. Siggins and Black were able to peel off more which nullified the Dogs entries. You could argue all of them did their job.

Not much run out of defence but we did keep their score low

Anyone who keeps demanding that Gardiner should get a game should watch him today. Won’t be on the list next year.
Yes he will. Interrupted pre-season and just getting back into things. Great attitude. Will make it I reckon.

Great to see Jones kick 4 ...

Gardner was very defensive today. Got to a lot of contests but spoiled each time - even when he had the best position. After taking a very nice hanger in the second dropped at least 3 other easy marks later in the game. Definitely on that showing won't be picked in the short term.

Yes JJones came from nowhere in the first half to put a big mark on the game. His last quarter highlights would take more than the average 2 minutes. he was everywhere. He kicked 4 nice majors (across the game) and had the ball in hand as he strolled into the goal square and the siren went at the end of the second (or third). Could easily have had 5.

Depends on how you try to look at it. Gardner and House has the harder opponents who were quiet. Siggins and Black were able to peel off more which nullified the Dogs entries. You could argue all of them did their job.

Not much run out of defence but we did keep their score low
Yep - that's the way it was played. The dropped marks tho for Gardner are a worry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back