No Oppo Supporters Geelong MCG tears

Where should the Tigers Cats final be played?

• Mcg

Votes: 145 79.7%
  • Not Simmonds

Votes: 37 20.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe the Cats fans are still carrying on about this... I have a few points I'd like you all to share next time a Sour Puss cries to you that it should've been played down the highway.

2017 Round 6 Geelong vs Collingwood - Home Game - Venue MCG
2017 Round 17 Geelong vs Hawthorn - Home Game - Venue MCG
2016 Round 1 Geelong vs Hawthorn- Home Game - Venue MCG
2015 Round 20 Geelong vs Hawthorn - Home Game - Venue MCG
2015 Round 22 Geelong vs Collingwood - Home Game - Venue MCG
2014 Round 5 Geelong vs Hawthorn - Home Game - Venue MCG
2014 Round 7 Geelong vs Richmond - Home Game - Venue MCG
2013 Round 15 Geelong vs Hawthorn - Home Game - Venue MCG
2012 Round 2 Geelong vs Hawthorn - Home Game - Venue MCG
2012 Round 16 Geelong vs Collingwood - Home Game - Venue MCG
2011 Round 1 Geelong vs St Kilda - Home Game - Venue MCG
2011 Round 8 Geelong vs Collingwood - Home Game - Venue MCG
2011 Round 12 Geelong vs Hawthorn - Home Game - Venue MCG
2010 Round 1 Geelong vs Essendon - Home Game - Venue MCG
2010 Round 15 Geelong vs Hawthorn - Home Game - Venue MCG
2010 Round 19 Geelong vs Collingwood - Home Game - Venue MCG

That's just this decade, and not including their Home Games at Etihad Stadium...
Most of the above "Home Games" are against MCG tennants, so why sook about it now?
And let's not even talk about the many finals home games they've played at the MCG this decade before last night.

In the AFL media guide the MCG is listed as one of their home grounds along with Simmonds and Etihad Stadiums lol

In my opinion Geelong stuffed it up big time last night. The Richmond crowd was always going to outnumber the Geelong punters, but I believe they handed it to us on a platter when they essentially "made it a Tiges home fortress" by letting us use our home change rooms, let us wear our home colours, and let our fans own the Punt Rd end.

If I was in their position, I'd have sent the cheer squad to the city end, and claimed our normal change rooms... do every little thing you can to try and throw them off.

Anyways, up the Tigs!!

Last edited:
I can't believe the Cats fans are still carrying on about this... I have a few points I'd like you all to share next time a Sour Puss cries to you that it should've been played down the highway.

2017 Round 6 Geelong vs Collingwood - Home Game - Venue MCG
2017 Round 17 Geelong vs Hawthorn - Home Game - Venue MCG
2016 Round 1 Geelong vs Hawthorn- Home Game - Venue MCG
2015 Round 20 Geelong vs Hawthorn - Home Game - Venue MCG
2015 Round 22 Geelong vs Collingwood - Home Game - Venue MCG
2014 Round 5 Geelong vs Hawthorn - Home Game - Venue MCG
2014 Round 7 Geelong vs Richmond - Home Game - Venue MCG
2013 Round 15 Geelong vs Hawthorn - Home Game - Venue MCG
2012 Round 2 Geelong vs Hawthorn - Home Game - Venue MCG
2012 Round 16 Geelong vs Collingwood - Home Game - Venue MCG
2011 Round 1 Geelong vs St Kilda - Home Game - Venue MCG
2011 Round 8 Geelong vs Collingwood - Home Game - Venue MCG
2011 Round 12 Geelong vs Hawthorn - Home Game - Venue MCG
2010 Round 1 Geelong vs Essendon - Home Game - Venue MCG
2010 Round 15 Geelong vs Hawthorn - Home Game - Venue MCG
2010 Round 19 Geelong vs Collingwood - Home Game - Venue MCG

That's just this decade, and not including their Home Games at Etihad Stadium...
Most of the above "Home Games" are against MCG tennants, so why sook about it now?
And let's not even talk about the many finals home games they've played at the MCG this decade before last night.

In my opinion Geelong stuffed it up big time last night. The Richmond crowd was always going to outnumber the Geelong punters, but I believe they handed it to us on a platter when they essentially "made it a Tiges home fortress" by letting us use our home change rooms, let us wear our home colours, and let our fans own the Punt Rd end.

If I was in their position, I'd have sent the cheer squad to the city end, and claimed our normal change rooms... do every little thing you can to try and throw them off.

Anyways, up the Tigs!!

And still no Cat supporter can show an actual AFL ruling or clause on a "Home Game" v "Home State" final.

I came into this thread thinking it was about their fans actual tears when we handed their ass to them last night and not the kardinia park debate. Seriously what a bunch of precious supporters they have, I was giving them heaps all night and they didn't like it one bit. They really don't like being away from their insular little home in geelong where they don't have to hear opposition fans.

Home of Richmond. LOL.

a73826cb58791066256631c418d06722

Tigers by 51 points - Time to put the past in the past and start the future

Hoping for 70,000 tiger supporters to shake the 'G and make this mod shiver when they hear the "ROARRRRR"

Go Tigers - Eat m Alive

Wow. You picked the Tigers by 51 points 3 days before the game? Your a time traveling cheat with your fancy time time traveling machines.

Any way.....Who do we play in the Prelim? Do we win? Who do we play in the GF? Do we win? By how much? Do I get a really bad hangover? Do I make a fool of myself?

Wow. You picked the Tigers by 51 points 3 days before the game? Your a time traveling cheat with your fancy time time traveling machines.

Any way.....Who do we play in the Prelim? Do we win? Who do we play in the GF? Do we win? By how much? Do I get a really bad hangover? Do I make a fool of myself?
We will play west coast in the prelim and win by 38 points, Then onto the crows and storm home by 11 points after trailing by 29 points at half time
with Daniel Rioli kicking 3 goals in the last quater

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers by 51 points - Time to put the past in the past and start the future

Hoping for 70,000 tiger supporters to shake the 'G and make this mod shiver when they hear the "ROARRRRR"

Go Tigers - Eat m Alive
Amazing. Except there were about 75,000 Richmond supporters there. Otherwise, good effort!

s**t campaigners were rattled before the opening bounce.

When 80k tigers booed the s**t of the cats when they ran out for their "home" prelim, I turned to the bloke next to me and said "If can't win a final with this crowd, we never will". Good luck GWS or west coast... the tiger army is rabid and ready :thumbsu:

It's scary to think we may have 70k - 80k at the G supporting us against GWS in a fortnight. Good luck against that. It's gonna be speeeeecccchhhiiiiiaaalllll.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Back