Game Day Geelong v Melbourne Sun Jun 28 3pm**** @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well kids its that time again.

We've had the "unexplained loss" we 've had the " we have a problem" diagnosis and prognosis..., we've had the "big selelction changes" on Thursday night that we've moslty scratched our heads at ... amongst other things.....oh..adn we had the pages of melts to go with said selections.... ( some of the really well deserved too I might add)....

So here we are - Gameday V the Demons at the G.

3 pm start.... ( yes im still rolling with that - lets get them convinced it starts early and they'll be "ready" by the time it REALLY starts....

There are some players that will have laser focus eyes on their efforts and performances today.

Lets hope they get it right.... repsect the Hoops and play for the jumper and each other today.

Monday could be really ugly otherwise.

Carn the Catters...get it done today.

GO Catters

Lets see if our 2nd rank players stand up or we continue to depend on the older brigade. I don't see a big score being kicked from our side - very meh feeling.

Yeah shortened season, already dropped a game to a side that wont make the 8, must win game this one against another team that will not make the 8.

Yeah shortened season, already dropped a game to a side that wont make the 8, must win game this one against another team that will not make the 8.

No need to belittle a side that smacked us for 3 quarters and worse of all beat us on our own dungheap and are unlucky they are not 3-1 not 2-2.
If as i suspect we drop this one we will be the "....another side that wont make the 8"
The 16 minute quarters helps certain sides and not others. We are in the others group IMO.
Hope i am wrong.
Cheers & GO CATTERS!

No need to belittle a side that smacked us for 3 quarters and worse of all beat us on our own dungheap and are unlucky they are not 3-1 not 2-2.
If as i suspect we drop this one we will be the "....another side that wont make the 8"
The 16 minute quarters helps certain sides and not others. We are in the others group IMO.
Hope i am wrong.
Cheers & GO CATTERS!
I think it says more about Geelong than it did of Carlton, the fact that we turned up for 1 qtr and almost won the game says it all really. And I'm not sure we are a top 8 side either, time will tell.

Parfitt puff piece on the AFL website:

Maybe I'm being unnecessarily harsh here, but I really feel like the media has this tendency to prematurely declare any Geelong youngsters as having "taken a step to the next level" on the back of only one or two good performances. Don't get me wrong, Parfitt was excellent against Hawthorn, but I'm going to want to see a *consistently* good output before I declare him to have gone to a "new level". This overhyping of Cats kids has been happening for years now. The media is so desperate to perpetuate the "they've found another gem out of nowhere" narrative that they jump the gun in terms of claiming our kids are having a "breakout year" or whatever, even when they actually haven't. I first started noticing this as far back as 2012, when The Age ran this big, ridiculous story about our supposedly amazing next generation of talent....featuring names like Walker and Murdoch and Simpkin and Stringer. Lol.

Maybe I'm being unnecessarily harsh here, but I really feel like the media has this tendency to prematurely declare any Geelong youngsters as having "taken a step to the next level" on the back of only one or two good performances. Don't get me wrong, Parfitt was excellent against Hawthorn, but I'm going to want to see a *consistently* good output before I declare him to have gone to a "new level". This overhyping of Cats kids has been happening for years now. The media is so desperate to perpetuate the "they've found another gem out of nowhere" narrative that they jump the gun in terms of claiming our kids are having a "breakout year" or whatever, even when they actually haven't. I first started noticing this as far back as 2012, when The Age ran this big, ridiculous story about our supposedly amazing next generation of talent....featuring names like Walker and Murdoch and Simpkin and Stringer. Lol.
I remember when GHS took a really good mark in a win against Hawthorn all the commentators were Oh they've done it again! How do they keep finding these gems?
Same when Parsons came back from his hit on Hodge. Every week he played he was a great young talent.
Since Guthries 2013 season I'm not sure if we've actually had any young gun for real that actually deserved any hype.
And he didn't really go on as expected.
Maybe I'm missing one.

One big positive so far this season has been the consistent performance from Miers, let's hope it continues today. I don't think it's been noticed much in the media thus far

I think it says more about Geelong than it did of Carlton, the fact that we turned up for 1 qtr and almost won the game says it all really. And I'm not sure we are a top 8 side either, time will tell.
How much was it us and how much was it Carlton hitting the wall.Scott and the team have to expect Melbourne to do the same and pressure hard from the first bounce,no ******* excuses not to be ready for it.This is where the coaches earn their money and reputations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did find it interesting he played all 3 finals last year with stress fractures in his back. And could barely train during the week.

One big positive so far this season has been the consistent performance from Miers, let's hope it continues today. I don't think it's been noticed much in the media thus far
Except when he s**t the bed last week with the dropped mark in Carlton's goal square

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back