Preview Geelong v Melbourne Thu Jun 22 720 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. He's out for sure! His injury is not one you come back from after a few days off, but if you need more clarity Atkins said yesterday in a presser that Danger was not playing this week.

Enjoy the game, mate.

No he won’t play this week. He wants to play next week but I think that’s highly unlikely.

Thanks friends.

Ridiculous this game is on a Thursday night. Unlike some other clubs fans I’ve got no issue playing down in Geelong, but night games down there in the winter (Especially on a Thursday night) are ridiculous.

People are not bothered by you criticising Darty; it's that your criticism doesn't make any sort of sense. You essentially called him lazy, when even a girl like myself who doesn't understand the technical aspects can see how hard Jeremy works. Even when he is not scoring goals, he's always getting up the ground, running rings against his direct opponent, creating chaos etc.

Jeremy himself said in a press conference that Scott was giving him "one of the most positive" pep talks of his career, but the media twisted it into something negative, so once again you are wrong.

At the end of the day, Jeremy just welcomed a baby into his life and our midfield managed only something like 24 forward 50 entries in 3 quarters of footy, so there are multiple reasons as to why his form is poor of late, not just that you reckon he's lazy, which imo is lazy analysis.

No one here cares if you have a differing opinion, mate, and I get the feeling you know that too. But please ground your opinion in a bit of common sense instead of just making up stuff because you are (understandably) frustrated by this season.

Do not diminish your knowledge based on your sex. Most if not all on here have not played at an afl level...it doesn't mean we can not comment or have something insightful to offer. You might see something other miss... such as the bolded. Excellent point.

Thanks friends.

Ridiculous this game is on a Thursday night. Unlike some other clubs fans I’ve got no issue playing down in Geelong, but night games down there in the winter (Especially on a Thursday night) are ridiculous.

Do you like Thur night games at the G?

Id say winter type conditions are becoming more and more annoying in this era of comfortable spectating. So much easier to stay at home with Kayo

No one here cares if you have a differing opinion, mate, and I get the feeling you know that too. But please ground your opinion in a bit of common sense instead of just making up stuff because you are (understandably) frustrated by this season.
Okay. My grounded opinion is that this board holds players to different standards based on the profile of these players. Just because Jeremy is a star player doesn't mean he should be exempt from criticism when he's letting his team down.

If you want grounded evidence, I'm sure you're familiar with the hundreds of pages of criticism and borderline abuse lesser players have received during periods of non-contribution. The likes of Guthrie, Blicavs, Atkins, Hawkins, Rohan, Kolo, etc etc.

We're very quick to sink the boots into an easy target around here. But if Cameron puts in a month of stinkers (which end up costing the club almost a hundred grand in payment fees), we seem to look the other way a lot easier.

That's all I'm going to say and I'm just going to move on from here.

In: Stanley, Esava, Mullin
Out: Danger, O’Henry, Bowes

I think we need Esava down back with their tall forwards and Gawn and Grundy pushing up the ground.
Stanley MUST play and I think Mullin for more run. Jack Henry forward. Pushed his brother out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are not bothered by you criticising Darty; it's that your criticism doesn't make any sort of sense. You essentially called him lazy, when even a girl like myself who doesn't understand the technical aspects can see how hard Jeremy works. Even when he is not scoring goals, he's always getting up the ground, running rings against his direct opponent, creating chaos etc.

Jeremy himself said in a press conference that Scott was giving him "one of the most positive" pep talks of his career, but the media twisted it into something negative, so once again you are wrong.

At the end of the day, Jeremy just welcomed a baby into his life and our midfield managed only something like 24 forward 50 entries in 3 quarters of footy, so there are multiple reasons as to why his form is poor of late, not just that you reckon he's lazy, which imo is lazy analysis.

A player doesn't get a pass for playing poorly because they've just had a child, that's ridiculous. They are paid massive sums of money, with that comes responsibility. Solely blaming him for our woes is wildly incorrect (and I haven't seen anyone do it), but he also doesn't get a free pass just because the midfield was murdered by Port. He was also very poor against Fremantle and well beaten against Richmond. Excusing him due to the midfield is lazy analysis as well.

3rd paragraph is spot on. Who knows how much sleep he’s getting? Every family is different, Jezza may be the type of bloke to get up at 3am and give the kid a feed to give his mrs a break.

I also think the type of opponent he is getting has changed. They are matching a more mobile shorter player against him. It probably means he needs to revert to use him KPF abilities a bit when against a running type player. Isolate him more in the forwardline.

Overall I really think that the non playing of Stanley has been more detrimental to our form than many would have thought possible. Stanley back and Blitz can get away from the non stop body bash he will be more effective.
Teams always go to work at negating the reigning Premiers.
Stewart is being matched up on so he can't intercept and Cameron is now attracting more mobile and endurance based opponents ( as you mention)
Normally we would counter punch ( Stewart and Cameron were quiet in the GF) with other strengths but a combination of injuries and players down on form have limited our ability to do that.
As Scott has mentioned we lack cohesion at the moment and that's taking away our strengths , particularly when we are struggling in the midfield without our #1 ruck and 2 best mids...............

images
I like it.

Escaping the oppressive authorities [the AFL and their pesky equalisation policy] ✅

Living a low key existence in excile, 70km south-west of Melbourne ✅

Assimilating with the indigenous locals [playing as badly as Carlton] ✅

Eventually returning to civilisation [top 8] to live out a successful twilight period of life [flag] ❓

Simon Lloyd saying today that Stanley, Bruhn, & Mullin will be available this week. While Esava & Ceglar a maybe (which probably means no).
Wonder whether they bring ESAVA back for a half in the VFL. He hasn’t missed much so maybe he goes straight back in. Kolo and stanley came back via vfl but max danger and Henry didn’t. bruhn will be interesting. They need to make sure he is right to play out full game. Although we don’t have much back up unless put either of the Mitch’s in?

mullin for vfl?

Do you like Thur night games at the G?

Id say winter type conditions are becoming more and more annoying in this era of comfortable spectating. So much easier to stay at home with Kayo

I think night games in Geelong in general are no good, and I’ve been to a few now. The weather + traffic makes it worse to get out of than the mcg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Mate" as a put-down. Lol!

3rd paragraph is spot on. Who knows how much sleep he’s getting? Every family is different, Jezza may be the type of bloke to get up at 3am and give the kid a feed to give his mrs a break.
He might be having a crisis of conscience or be questioning the meaning of life but he is paid a lot of money to put that aside for 2 hours on game day.

Jezza has really shown his cards over the last little while. Happy to be the last link in the chain, but never the first. He's worth his weight in gold when the team around him is functioning. But don't expect him to roll up his sleeves and do it the hard way when the chips are down.

Except it's actually the opposite that's been happening lately

Over the first 4 rounds when he looked the best player in the comp, the vast majority of his disposals were in the attacking half of the ground - this was his defensive half disposal percentages over the first month:
Collingwood - 19%
Carlton - 17%
GC - 14%
Hawthorn - 15%

Across those 4 games he kicked 18 goals

Compare that with his 4 most recent games, and percentage of disposals in the defensive half:
Fremantle - 20%
GWS - 6% (outlier for the season)
Bulldogs - 20%
Port Adelaide - 46%

Across those same 4 games he's kicked a total of 5 goals

I love watching Jezza working up & down the ground as he generally has it over his opponent in terms of fitness & has made opposition players look silly at times, but lately he's almost spending too much time up the field - there's not an opposition team that wouldn't love seeing Cameron collecting 46% of his disposals in the defensive half of the ground

That then leads to the question - is spending more time up the field having an impact on Cameron's goal kicking, OR is he spending more time up the field because he feels his goal kicking is currently off?

I think night games in Geelong in general are no good, and I’ve been to a few now. The weather + traffic makes it worse to get out of than the mcg.

It's almost like our home games in Geelong are meant for...Geelong fans in Geelong...what a shocking revelation that there are teams who dont play at the MCG...

I think it's time to give Bowes an extended run in the midfield. We need something new there, and I thought that's what we got him for anyway. He did from memory, have a few decent games playing mid up at the GC so we should give him a go.

Last year we needed something and moved Blitz and Atkins there and gave us a new dynamic so we should give it a try or Duncan back to midfield could be an option too.

Cameron said the Scott exchange was actually positive.

Accusations of laziness or softness - against the individual or the team - are the laziest intellectually that we see here. They are hunches fuelled by resentment and, i suppose, disappointment.

Do we really know that the team partied too hard, returned to training unfit, are satisfied with last year's triumph, and thus are coasting etc etc? No we don't. The fact is from time to time any team can appear to lack intensity for a quarter, half or entire game.

Sometimes we forget the other team has 22 players, all with 2 arms and 2 legs, and all wanting to win.

Finally, go Kittypurry.

It's almost like our home games in Geelong are meant for...Geelong fans in Geelong...what a shocking revelation that there are teams who dont play at the MCG...

I don't think he's complaining about the game being at KP, just the night of the week that it's being played

And over recent years since we've got the lights, I've heard plenty of Geelong fans complaining about week night matches in Geelong

Wasn't just referring to this one. Referring to many of the past ones. I just hope the coaches inside the walls of the club have more bravery to call a spade a spade than many of our fans. Given the bake Chris Scott gave him during the Port game, I daresay the coaches are more clued in.
Refer to the original post I made. I agreed that Cameron has been badly down on form and impact for 5 weeks and that we need him to lift.

You just made an inaccurate assessment that he was a gutless front runner who won't work hard, only shines when the team is firing and only gets on the end of others hard work. I happily provided a few games and a statistic that essentially refuted those bizarre claims and then you had a meltdown.

Cameron said the Scott exchange was actually positive.

Accusations of laziness or softness - against the individual or the team - are the laziest intellectually that we see here. They are hunches fuelled by resentment and, i suppose, disappointment.

Do we really know that the team partied too hard, returned to training unfit, are satisfied with last year's triumph, and thus are coasting etc etc? No we don't. The fact is from time to time any team can appear to lack intensity for a quarter, half or entire game.

Sometimes we forget the other team has 22 players, all with 2 arms and 2 legs, and all wanting to win.

Finally, go Kittypurry.
So much this.

What a fantastic post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back