Preview Geelong V Port Thu June 15 @ AO 710 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With due respect, think he's a fair way off Holmes at the same stage of their careers. Has quite a few areas he needs to work on as I see it.

I am a big fan of Knevitt, he will be a big improver, it wasn’t long ago people on here had Cooper Stephens ahead of him as a prospect. Let’s see where he is in 12 months.

Contested marking is a big asset for a mid.

Who’s available
Danger, Duncan, Holmes, Bowes, Stanley

Who I think will come in
Danger, Holmes
Bowes as sub

Duncan and Stanley to return against the Demons
Agree. Other than I think Duncan is saying “put me in”. So I think he might come in.

I am struggling for my last out. I think it might be Ceglar

Looks good except no way O'Connor will be sub. Finally we've got some depth. Knevitt, Bowes are good players to be left out.
Who would you pick as sub? I considered O.Henry but it seems like he's doing enough to be that forward rotation from the start.

Similarly Bruhn's pressure around the ball seems vital for this one.

MOC at least has versatility so you can plug him into a few different roles and he definitely brings legs.

Big gamble to drop Ceglar when Blicavs will be primarily needed to help stop their on-ballers.
Agreed.

Blicavs may even get the Butters role. How we are using him is our best possible strategy. Shunting him to permanent ruck we lose more than we gain. You can't survive on such few midfield rotations with the group we have - see 2022 for how we approached that successfully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: Patrick Dangerfield, Mitch Duncan, Max Holmes
OUT: Mitch Knevitt (omitted), Oisin Mullin (injured), Sam Simpson (sub), Zach Tuohy (managed)

Emergencies: Zach Tuohy, Rhys Stanley, Jack Bowes, Mitch Knevitt

Surely our strongest emergency list since last years GF:

Geelong will welcome back captain Patrick Dangerfield as one of three inclusions to face Port Adelaide on Thursday night.

Dangerfield will make his return to the field for the first time since Round 8, with dashing midfielder Max Holmes and the classy Mitch Duncan also set to bolster the Cats' stocks as they prepare to take on an in-form Power side.

The clash shapes as an exciting one, with the Cats' buoyed after their gutsy win against Western Bulldogs in Round 12, while Port Adelaide has won their past 10 matches in a row and looms as a big test for the Cats on Power's home turf.

Oisin Mullin (injured) and Mitch Knevitt (omitted) are out, while Round 12 substitute Sam Simpson has not been named this week.

Zach Tuohy is earmarked to be rested, but has been named among Geelong's emergencies, alongside Rhys Stanley, Jack Bowes and Knevitt. The Cats will name their substitute one hour prior to first bounce.

The match will also mark a couple of milestones, with Mark O'Connor set to play his 100th AFL game, while Tyson Stengle will celebrate his 50th AFL game.

Geelong takes on Port Adelaide this Thursday night from 7.10pm (local time) at Adelaide Oval.

AFL Round 14 Team​

OUT: Mitch Knevitt (omitted), Oisin Mullin (injured), Sam Simpson (sub), Zach Tuohy (managed)
Milestones:
Mark O'Connor 100 AFL games; Tyson Stengle 50 AFL games

BacksZach GuthrieSam De KoningPatrick Dangerfield (C)
Half BacksMark O'ConnorTom Stewart (VC)Jack Henry
CentrelineMax HolmesMark BlicavsIsaac Smith
Half ForwardsOllie HenryGary RohanTyson Stengle
ForwardsTom HawkinsJeremy CameronGryan Miers
FollowersJonathon CeglarTanner BruhnTom Atkins
InterchangeJed BewsJake KolodjashnijMitch Duncan
Brad Close
EmergenciesZach TuohyRhys StanleyJack Bowes
Mitch Knevitt

Emergencies: Zach Tuohy, Rhys Stanley, Jack Bowes, Mitch Knevitt
gotta love them changes 😍

Knevitt is unlucky but its understandable with holmes back.
Im glad to see bruhn retained.

Thats a very odd emg line-are we going to make tuohy the sub or manage him altogether and leave him at home? Surely they wont make stanley the sub at his height-maybe he is going to play a half in the vfl and then swap with ceglar next week.

Bews is lucky..i think he is very much on the edge when sav is back.

Knevitt is unlucky but its understandable with holmes back.
Im glad to see bruhn retained.

Thats a very odd emg line-are we going to make tuohy the sub or manage him altogether and leave him at home? Surely they wont make stanley the sub at his height-maybe he is going to play a half in the vfl and then swap with ceglar next week.

Bews is lucky..i think he is very much on the edge when sav is back.

Tuohy & Bowes have both traveled with the team, not sure on Stanley & Knevitt

Guessing with Tuohy it's either sub or total rest, and I wouldn't be surprised if Knevitt stays home to play VFL. Not sure on Stanley

In: Dangerfield, Duncan & Holmes

Out: Mullin (inj), Tuohy (managed)

Tuohy & Bowes both traveled to Adelaide

Thats odd because bowes needs games so im not sure why youd take him over unless he is going to be sub.

Tuohy & Bowes have both traveled with the team, not sure on Stanley & Knevitt

Guessing with Tuohy it's either sub or total rest, and I wouldn't be surprised if Knevitt stays home to play VFL. Not sure on Stanley
I would think Touhy would benefit from a 2 game break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back