Game Day Geelong V Port Thu June 15 @ AO 7:40pm AEST (710 pm AO time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This

Hopefully continue to play the kids and get a head start for next year, dissapointed to not get B2B but with no continuity you can’t rely on the older players to carry the team anymore
I still think we are 3 losses away from that - maybe 4.

Whilst they are still mathematically in the frame for 8 they can’t give up on the team gelling once we get some continuity.

But if we lose 3-4 more, surely they start to make some tough decisions

The alarming thing is there's so many players who have regressed dramatically this season that it feels impossible to know what to do at the selection table. I mean honestly, where do you start?

Stengle, SDK, Zuthrie, Kolo, Blicavs, Tuohy (until the last few weeks), Duncan, J.Henry and Atkins all MILES below their 2022 level.

You want there to be selection integrity and for there to be some accountable for sustained poor form, but who gets tipped out and who do we keep backing in despite their trash form?

Compounded by the fact we have no one pushing their case in the VFL.

I still think we are 3 losses away from that - maybe 4.

Whilst they are still mathematically in the frame for 8 they can’t give up on the team gelling once we get some continuity.

But if we lose 3-4 more, surely they start to make some tough decisions
We may make the finals but we aren’t winning it this year, the defense have been leaking goals all year and the mids are just not competitive enough for four qtrs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No complaints.

We won the premiership by almost 100 points off the back of a 16 game winning run less than a year ago. To decline this precipitously in such a short span of time is absolutely worth complaining about. Missing the eight off the back of a premiership-winning year is never acceptable.

Zac Guthrie has copped it tonight but he's been one of our best - he shows a bit of dash but all the other 'defenders' look slow as wet weeks. SPP shrugged him off but he's done that all season.
Honestly the backline has been shocking all year no doubt to the lack of pressure from the mids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back