Game Day Geelong V Port Thu June 15 @ AO 7:40pm AEST (710 pm AO time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we have a game tonight

Bring on interstate travel and playing under lights at AO

The captains back and as per the team sheet will be playing in the back pocket šŸ˜‰

And we have a strong looking emergency list for the first time in like 10 months

Congrats to Stengle on AFL game #50 and Merrick for bringing up his 100th

Bring on the opening bounce

It's scary at the top of the multi pub tipping contest, so decided to enlist the aid of statsinsider.com.au
"Our predictive analytics model projects Port Adelaide as having a 71% chance of winning"
Against the unquantifables of heart, determination, desperation.Dangerfield.
Hmm. Will stick to heart over head, Go Cats.

My Predictions:
Some sort of strange late selection drama before the game, my guess is Ceglar out for either Bowes or Knevitt with Stanley as the sub.
Dangerfield to dominate, have 30 possessions and kick an important goal in the third.
Geelong win by 15 points

Scott said pre dogs game we have our full complement of forwards and basically premiership defence and now we have Paddy , Duncan and Holmesā€¦..
Port third game in 12 days and we are fresh! Itā€™s go time for this lot! Play like premiers and bring home 4ā€¦.
No excuses football club! I like it !

Daz was tooslownardo lol!!!

Go Catters

I was trying to be patient, but during my lunch break thought we should get something going before the locals got restless

šŸ˜‚

Kill Them Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to be clean.. no double touches.
Need to be accurate and efficient
Need to keep our feet - no slipping over.

Keep the crowd under control.

Shark to handbrake someoneā€” butters perhaps.

Ceglar needs to 1/2 every contest. Not expecting him to win themā€¦ but contest them.

PFD to play within himself - lead but donā€™t over try itā€¦ composure.

Mids must be on point. Our forwards can take advantage but only if the mids work hard both ways all game.

Itā€™s gonna be a slog but doable - this is what we have been waiting for.

Get it done

Go Catters

It's a massive game, no doubt. And there's a number of massive inclusions for us as well. Yet it will still be a gigantic effort to win this one.

Even with the key players returning, it's hard to expect them to absolutely hit the ground running in their first game back. And the (probable) absence of Stanley is still a massive factor inhibiting us from truly bringing our best footy, in my view.

In the end, no matter how much I'd love to see us win tonight (and absolutely believe we can), the more vital matter is that we go at least 1-1 over these next two games. If we don't do that, I think our premiership hopes just about recede to zero. So tonight becomes not only a chance to take a scalp, but also to build some momentum and cohesion going into what shapes as a monumental game at home against the Dees next week.

Forward line should get the opportunities, so just have to capitalise on the scoreboard. And Gaz back hopefully prevents our F50 from being the launching pad for a plethora of successful scoring chains for the Power. Mids get a huge boost for this match. And we'll need it, considering the quality in there for the opposition. On top of that, our defenders are good enough to stop them piling on goals, provided they're not waltzing it in unopposed on too many occasions.

Normally I get quite anxious about these sorts of games. Yet I'm strangely calm (and surprisingly expectant) about this one. Looking forward to finding out whether we have the capacity to go with them, given they're supposedly flying at the moment. And I'm also somewhat optimistic that the reemergence of something approaching out best might not be too far away. Here's hoping the belief in the group is unshaken and the intent to hunt is high. With those two elements in place, the strength of our playing group still leaves us with every chance of success.

Axe to play a blinder.
Cats by 17.

Back onto the topic of Holmes, he's only been 3 weeks since his meniscus surgery... That's either a major risk or a mind-blowing recovery like calf blood in the hamstrings... Dr Google says if you have a physically active job, that's 3-6months on the sidelines, and around 4-6 weeks if you're in upright positions in jobs. I hope we don't wreck his knee!

Looking at their lineup it seems like Aliir will be playing on Hawkins or Cameron which hopefully prevents him from taking a billion intercept marks like he did in one of those QFs recently.
He will go to Hawkins, to protect the drop zone. Jezza moves too much up the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back