Game Day Geelong V Port Thu June 15 @ AO 7:40pm AEST (710 pm AO time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s hard to believe a 38 point margin actually flattered us after starting so well.

9 months is a long time in football. We don’t resemble anything like the team that finished last season on a 16 game winning streak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We may make the finals but we aren’t winning it this year, the defense have been leaking goals all year and the mids are just not competitive enough for four qtrs
Injuries and lack of consistency and team continuity cobbled with senior players well down on form

On the plus side we can see some of the kids emerging for the future

It isn’t all bad

Port too good but that's a bad loss. Lack of midfield defensive pressure is a real problem this year.

There were still some good signs. But the injuries are taking their toll. I feel the B graders like Atkins have had too much work to do this year and are suffering for it.

Shame about Bruhn and Danger injuries tonight, I do wonder how things would have gone otherwise.

We can win next week but seems unlikely

We won the premiership by almost 100 points off the back of a 16 game winning run less than a year ago. To decline this precipitously in such a short span of time is absolutely worth complaining about. Missing the eight off the back of a premiership-winning year is never acceptable.

Pretty disappointing to see such a sharp drop off in a 8-9 month period. I might get shot down for this, but I think we screwed up our preseason, too much beers and taking it easy and not enough fitness, conditioning and lack of preparation.

We won the premiership by almost 100 points off the back of a 16 game winning run less than a year ago. To decline this precipitously in such a short span of time is absolutely worth complaining about. Missing the eight off the back of a premiership-winning year is never acceptable.
Yep agreed. It would have been acceptable if we’d lost a bunch of players and hadn’t brought any new ones in, but we only lost Sel and have brought in 3 new players who are either best 22 or very close to if.

Go here'

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back