General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't get it.
Vince gets a fine due to careless LOW impact to the head.
Hugh gets 6 for intentional HIGH impact.

I don't get about the out come Vince hit beams way harder it's only because Beams is tough and Mills has a glass jaw
Come on Hugh you're better than that
huey_a,0.jpg

I've had a gutful of Vince. The only noteworthy stuff he does is get reported for stupid acts. Delist please.

Same, I know he competes but he is making worse decisions and has lost pace - one of Goodys best mates so I think he'll get another year.

Same, I know he competes but he is making worse decisions and has lost pace - one of Goodys best mates so I think he'll get another year.
He's not without his value to the club, but it's looking more and more like off the field and depth as opposed to best 22 regular.

Isnt there a bit of research suggesting it does?
I don't believe there is. Having been diabetic for 25 years, and reading a lot on the subject, I'm pretty on top of this. Some people get mistakenly diagnosed because undiagnosed diabetes can resemble concussion in certain circumstances, but that's not to say it's anything like concussion. A healthy young adult with diabetes will not have more chance of concussion than anybody else. I played footy and copped a few knocks, never had a concussion. Dale Weightman had diabetes and played with no effect. McCartin is basically doing an Angus Brayshaw - cops a few successive knocks and then becomes susceptible.

If we make finals, get Richmond in an elimination final and win..... I would die happy. I'd take that over a flag nearlY!

If we make finals, get Richmond in an elimination final and win..... I would die happy. I'd take that over a flag nearlY!
Yeah I'm with you on this one. My best mate is a Richmond supporter so to see them get pantsed in another elimination final loss would be wondrous.

Make it happen Jesus!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your interested in our ex-players, The hawthorn coaches of past melbourne players is starting to break up with good ol Cam Bruce taking up the role of senior assistant coach at Carlton.

Does make me think though, Which ex-dees are potential senior coaches of the AFL one day?

If your interested in our ex-players, The hawthorn coaches of past melbourne players is starting to break up with good ol Cam Bruce taking up the role of senior assistant coach at Carlton.

Does make me think though, Which ex-dees are potential senior coaches of the AFL one day?
Colin Sylvia.

I like to think of him at ... Collingwood. Yep. Would be an excellent pies coach.

Colin Sylvia.

I like to think of him at ... Collingwood. Yep. Would be an excellent pies coach.
Would be great! :)

Shame they got Riv coaching their reserves

I'm not exactly sure the time lines but it's not hard to see how successful the Hawks were when you consider at one time they Clarkson as well as Beveridge Fagan Simpson Bolton

How many Melbourne people have worked in the Hawthorn football department now?
From 2008 on I can think of Viney, Bruce, Yze, Neitz (goalkicking coach), Clarkson, Beveridge...any others?

How many Melbourne people have worked in the Hawthorn football department now?
From 2008 on I can think of Viney, Bruce, Yze, Neitz (goalkicking coach), Clarkson, Beveridge...any others?

Brett Ratten coached at Melbourne and Hawthorn either side of a six year stint as head coach of some piddling suburban team.

EDIT: Just checking the Hawks staff on wikipedia, and it looks like their development coach used to play under 19s for us as well. I think that means that morally half their premierships are ours now?

Bruce will absolutely be a coach. More a question of opportunity. He's in the next bracket below Barker and Ratten.

Most likely jobs in the next 3 years:

- Collingwood (duh)
- North Melbourne (may even be this year)
- Port (if Hinkley fails again)
- West Coast (Simpson has 12 months)
- Sydney (sneaking suspicion Horse will retire in 2020 for Dew)

Obscure Stat Watch:

If any Melbourne player makes the All-Australian side, it will be the first time since 1994-95 that we have had a player in the side two years running.

Obscure Stat Watch:

If any Melbourne player makes the All-Australian side, it will be the first time since 1994-95 that we have had a player in the side two years running.

If we win on the weekend it will be the first time since 1942 both us and Richmond are in the same finals series

If we win on the weekend it will be the first time since 1942 both us and Richmond are in the same finals series
1941 I believe

So if we make finals, will Jordan Lewis have the longest active streak of making finals in the league? Can't think of anyone off the top of my head who has switched clubs at the right time to beat him.

So if we make finals, will Jordan Lewis have the longest active streak of making finals in the league? Can't think of anyone off the top of my head who has switched clubs at the right time to beat him.

Imagine if he won a flag with us. 5 premierships would be one of the most blessed careers of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back