General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up around the Richmond game and am much better for it

I love the distance I have during a game now, a bad turnover, another missed goal, who cares?

I'm in it for the lol cameos and the small wins now, it's blissful. I genuinely can't wait till Preuss comes in and kicks another goal from outside 50, I'm going to go bezerk

It does correlate. Teams are building there defence first and then slowly moving the ball and finding targets. 7 of the top 8 sides were the bottom 7 for playing on. Only GWS which was mid range was an outlier. Us and Carlton are 1st and 2nd.

I don't think there's such an issue with playing on quickly. It makes sense when the situation demands it, and that rush forward style of footy is what Goodwin seems to like. The reason it doesn't work so well for us though is because we're a s**t kicking side. Fast or slow, most players can't reliably hit targets, so I doubt we'd suddenly be shooting up the ladder just because more players are going back over the mark. Our forward and off-the-ball movement is also pretty craptacular, so I think faster ball movement is the lesser of two evils for us because if we let the defense get set, that's that, we'll just punt it long to a contest and hope for the best.

Our players play on like they are Topkent over in Canada watching the game on channel 7's perpetually zoomed in screen where you can see a player's pimples but not what's happening more than 3 metres away. IMMMA MOVE THE BALL SUPER QUICK AND CATCH EM OFF GUARD!!!!!! KICK!!!!!!! Oh there was nobody ahead of me yet except for those couple of blokes waving for me to kick it to them over the back 70 metres away.

Must have lost me number. Seems to happen alot to me :think:
We had a recent federal election in this country. I sat by the phone but not one campaigner invited me to stand for a ******* thing. I’m still by the phone waiting for my apology

I’ve just had the most horrible realisation.

I’m actually relaxed now we’re **** again. Might even watch some neutral games this week and enjoy watching a couple of the top teams play.
Agree totally . The whole win loss pressure is gone for us. I’m hoping for our weirdo Melbourne coaching unit to focus on a) not injuring anyone further, b) take a few chances with anyone who displays any ability - give em a few games at senior level and see what happens, and c) try to get our injured list back to shape and playing again - and swerving any incoming law suits at the same time.

I’m looking forward to the weekend for some of the classier teams, plus Bombers v Blues because that could be a supporter train wreck either way it goes.

Want to put it on record right now that I’m happy to be laid back about a s**t 2019. But if next year looks similarly vile I will lose my s**t. Our list has holes, but we are vastly underperforming regardless. If we are a bag of s**t next year I think my sang froid is out the window.

I don't think there's such an issue with playing on quickly. It makes sense when the situation demands it, and that rush forward style of footy is what Goodwin seems to like. The reason it doesn't work so well for us though is because we're a **** kicking side. Fast or slow, most players can't reliably hit targets, so I doubt we'd suddenly be shooting up the ladder just because more players are going back over the mark. Our forward and off-the-ball movement is also pretty craptacular, so I think faster ball movement is the lesser of two evils for us because if we let the defense get set, that's that, we'll just punt it long to a contest and hope for the best.

I think you can get away with being a fast and tough side or a skilled and tough side, unfortunately we aren't fast nor skilful.

For those of you who like a punt on the horses, there is a horse running in the last at Randwick tomorrow named Wagner. It’s favourite, but I won’t be backing it given the terrible form it’s namesakes is in for our team. F knows what it is likely to do.

For those of you who like a punt on the horses, there is a horse running in the last at Randwick tomorrow named Wagner. It’s favourite, but I won’t be backing it given the terrible form it’s namesakes is in for our team. F knows what it is likely to do.
It'll definitely turn it over in the defensive half and concede a goal ...

most likely to get scratched for sending a dick pic to an underaged horse.

Then later on joins his brother in Hong Kong racing club after a good season on tge harness racing circuit

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

F me Wagner won the last at 5 to 1. I ended up backing it. Let’s hope it’s an omen for tonight.

Why oh why does the club persist with the "after the siren" videos of goody looking like a deer in the headlights on the mfc website? Do we really need to watch goody rehash not only what he said in his press conference 5 minutes earlier, but also the previous week's after the siren video after another devastating loss? Plus its a blatant rip off of the same vids St kilda put up last year where Richo would find aspects of a 90 point drubbing "pleasing" and urge their fans to keep the faith.

Shut it down.

Why oh why does the club persist with the "after the siren" videos of goody looking like a deer in the headlights on the mfc website? Do we really need to watch goody rehash not only what he said in his press conference 5 minutes earlier, but also the previous week's after the siren video after another devastating loss? Plus its a blatant rip off of the same vids St kilda put up last year where Richo would find aspects of a 90 point drubbing "pleasing" and urge their fans to keep the faith.

Shut it down.
I'd rather watch these

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shut it down.

Still can’t believe a) the club thought it was a good idea in the first place and b) haven’t pulled it.

Still can’t believe a) the club thought it was a good idea in the first place and b) haven’t pulled it.
on a) I'm sure they thought it would be great content for the coach to crap on about how well things are going in our premiership winning season ... on b) I'm almost sure that the negative fan reaction would be worse for pulling it than it is for pressing on. If you commit to something, you should see if through, even if things aren't going as well as expected ... that said, I just don't bother watching it, pretty confident I'm not missing anything.

on a) I'm sure they thought it would be great content for the coach to crap on about how well things are going in our premiership winning season ... on b) I'm almost sure that the negative fan reaction would be worse for pulling it than it is for pressing on. If you commit to something, you should see if through, even if things aren't going as well as expected ... that said, I just don't bother watching it, pretty confident I'm not missing anything.

Yep, pulling it would just draw further negative reaction. It would be a walnut move by the club.

Pretty much this.

It was a cheesy idea, but they committed. They would look dead stupid to scrap it because the year has gone to s**t.

You should watch it though. It’s kind of brilliant in a way. Seeing Goody press out the same lines, try dead hard to look committed while his eyes say why the * did I agree to this. Good viewing. It reminds me of one of those scenes in a crime movie where a hostage at gunpoint tries to persuade a family member to leave $1,000,000 at a drop off point and not call the police.

I live for the awful club content

Does anyone remember the video where they got Melksham to rate Tom Mcdonald's fashion choices? Was so ****en good
I remember it. Was probably the greatest ever. Close second was Lynden Dunn (?) attempting to interview too-shy-to-speak Christian Salem about his passion for soccer (he said nup then walked away after about a minute) and third was footage of a huntsman climbing across an MCG ground camera.

Can't wait until next year, our flag year, where the club meekly sits in its shell too afraid to do anything until September

I haven’t watched it once. I don’t for the life of me know what would inspire someone to watch something like that when we’re losing.

Yep, pulling it would just draw further negative reaction. It would be a walnut move by the club.
I reckon they could pull it and there’d be sweet FA reaction. And even if there were a few wet lettuce sooks on social media, the half life of the ‘story’ would be about 22 minutes.

I reckon they could pull it and there’d be sweet FA reaction. And even if there were a few wet lettuce sooks on social media, the half life of the ‘story’ would be about 22 minutes.

I would ring the club daily, from as many different numbers as I could get my hands on, and complain vociferously about the segment getting pulled. I would tell them my child has cancer and the only thing that brings him joy is to see Goody stumbling through another post-match inquest after yet another feeble team effort.

I would ring the club daily, from as many different numbers as I could get my hands on, and complain vociferously about the segment getting pulled. I would tell them my child has cancer and the only thing that brings him joy is to see Goody stumbling through another post-match inquest after yet another feeble team effort.
Yeah but you’re a very sad, unusual little dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back