George Orwell was right, but 30 years late

Remove this Banner Ad

I presume the Free Thought Project would like us to unquestioningly accept their version of events as the truth?
Did you watch the testimony from the victim, did you watch the CCTV footage that corroborates alot of what he is saying? Did you watch the victim try not to cry as he recounts his experience with a shot gun shoved up his clacker, the recounting of the verbal abuse and bullying he received?

The victim is saying this ,not the freethought project. They're just supplying him with a platform to get the story of the horrendous abuse he suffered, in the public domain.

Did you watch the testimony from the victim, did you watch the CCTV footage that corroborates alot of what he is saying? Did you watch the victim try not to cry as he recounts his experience with a shot gun shoved up his clacker, the recounting of the verbal abuse and bullying he received?

The victim is saying this ,not the freethought project. They're just supplying him with a platform to get the story of the horrendous abuse he suffered, in the public domain.
Yeah, I watched it and his story does appear to have something in it. (Though I must say "Camera footage shows Perez walking over to their car with his hand extended for a handshake, unarmed and unassuming. The officers turn him around, push him against the car, cuff him and take him" turned out to be a lot less exciting than I was expecting)

I'm not taking sides, I'm just pointing out that there is only one side presented there. And also that organisations called things like Free Thought Project seem to usually be the ones that just blindly accept stories like this at face value.

If his story is true (and even if it's partly true and exaggerated), then he absolutely shouldn't have been treated that way. But there is also more to it than is shown there - the cops didn't just pick his name out of the phone book at random.

Anyway, don't take my comment as indicating any desire to militantly take a side in a debate - it was just a slightly off-track comment about the source and really nothing to do with the story itself.

''Ends and Means'' by A. Huxley is him spelling out the elites' plans, which he knew, because he was in the social planning inner circle, with a brother who simultaneously was the head of the Eugenics society AND the founder and architect of UNESCO. The eugenics branch of the UN, as you can SEE in their own UNESCO documents

http://www.reddit.com/user/notacrackheadofficer

I recommend down and out, my dear pineapple

I am not as yet a Huxley fan but isn't interesting "''Ends and Means'' by A. Huxley is him spelling out the elites' plans, which he knew, because he was in the social planning inner circle, with a brother who simultaneously was the head of the Eugenics society AND the founder and architect of UNESCO. The eugenics branch of the UN, as you can SEE in their own UNESCO"

I have read a bunch of A. Huxleys writing, which I loved at the time, not all of Ends and Means to my memory though it does sound familiar though but I did read Brave New World, The Doors of Perception and the Perrenial Philosophy. This was years ago as a student but his writing definately helped shape my world view. Orwell was more down to earth though. I read Animal Farm at 12, so definately another big influence on my thinking. His essay about Coal Mining is very powerful. Read Ayn Rand too, guessing that may be more your style HFCF?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huxley was the better author, in the sense of being a pure author. Books like Antic Hay show his chops, he was lithe with a great sense of humour. As a social and political commenatator, however, Orwell was superior. His essays and writing covering propaganda and linguistics at large are fantastic, and The Road to Wigan Pier is obviously seminal.

ayn rand was a stupid campaigner who couldn't write for s**t.

Her early stuff was alright, until she lost the plot & got carried away with herself & her own intellect...'We the living' was a good, if overly intellectual, account of life under Communist Russian rule & 'The Fountainhead' remains her best work.

That whole individual/collectivist-tribal thesis still has merit.

How can a tory ever admit Orwell was right?

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"

How do you think that fits in with the current Islamophile craze amongst the chattering classes and their determination to suppress any criticism of Islam?

Its people like you that Orwell was so critical of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back