Get Dale Garlett!

Remove this Banner Ad

nicko74

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Title says enough! If we get L Mac for a second rounder, we should go hard for him! Tearing it up in the WAFL! Couldn't give a s**t about his history. Has serious X factor and kicks goals! Would love to see him in Blue n White

maybe he can play. but the real question is, will he spend his free time partying or conducting school clinics?

Sick of this... Take the best player. Garlett is exactly what we need, skill & flair.

We can develop him into a young man if we are the club we make out to be...

Don't be naive. 17 other clubs passed on him as well.

You could probably tell a club's ladder position by how many mentions Garlett gets on their board.

If his attitude is anywhere near enough to make it at AFL level by the time the draft rolls around, he won't be there for our second rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If his attitude is anywhere near enough to make it at AFL level by the time the draft rolls around, he won't be there for our second rounder.

He'll be a mid to late first rounder this year.

Yeah now that Garlett's playing good footy everything's changed.o_O

He's turned it around off the field which is by far the biggest factor - I'm up for faking an incident the week before the draft.

Really wish we had rookies him.

Yeah and he is hard as ****. Are you calling private schoolboys softcocks?

I think his point was that the club picks private schoolboys on the basis that they are 'well-behaved'.

Which is obviously wrong but I think it was intended as a joke.

Dayle Garlett, I do not want. People in here must be ignoring the fact that when Essendon invited him up to the Gold Coast, he turned up unfit as anything and as a side factor, couldn't go the week without remaining professional and staying sober.

Of course if we pick him up, he will blow up midway through the 3rd quarter in his first game, get 4 goals kicked on him by his direct opponent and be blasted by this board as we give up another victory we had in our grasp.

He was playing great football last year, and as far as I know some of the same issues remain. He won't be a first rounder that's for sure.

He's turned it around off the field which is by far the biggest factor - I'm up for faking an incident the week before the draft.

Has he? I've heard he is still not approaching his football in a manner anywhere near someone who is desperate to get a spot on an AFL list would.

Dayle Garlett being a screw up is Brads fault also? Jesus. No club would even rookie the kid. Not the WA clubs, no-one.
This board is frustrating.[/quote]
I hear ya.
I've gone from checking back three or four times a day to twice a week now. No much negativity all the time.

I think his point was that the club picks private schoolboys on the basis that they are 'well-behaved'.

Which is obviously wrong but I think it was intended as a joke.

Dayle Garlett, I do not want. People in here must be ignoring the fact that when Essendon invited him up to the Gold Coast, he turned up unfit as anything and as a side factor, couldn't go the week without remaining professional and staying sober.

Of course if we pick him up, he will blow up midway through the 3rd quarter in his first game, get 4 goals kicked on him by his direct opponent and be blasted by this board as we give up another victory we had in our grasp.

He was playing great football last year, and as far as I know some of the same issues remain. He won't be a first rounder that's for sure.

:D this guy gets me

Based on what?

Has he? I've heard he is still not approaching his football in a manner anywhere near someone who is desperate to get a spot on an AFL list would.

Nothing more than I talk s**t with a couple of WAFL stalwarts - one on the umpiring side and one at a rival WAFL club.

Both say Dayle has turned a corner and is at least functioning as a committed WAFL player (big step up on where he was 12 months ago).

I've seen him play live once this year - he basically won the game, so I might be biased.

All just my opinion.

I don't think Freo will touch him but WC will be all over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back