Discussion GF Replay - Will They Change Jumpers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: GF Replay : Will They Change Jumpers?

Sadly, I don't think that is the case. St.Kilda will wear clash again.

I'm curious as to when the rule changed from the old coin toss to the highest finisher system? We wore white shorts in our 2004 GF despite finishing top. When did the rule come in? Was it this year just for Collingwood or was it announced a few years back?

I'm not sure Thunder but this year is the first time I've ever heard of the "highest finisher" rule. Seems a bit too conveniant if you ask me, especially when considering who is involved. I wonder if this rule would've existed if the Saints finished top? ;)

Anyway in regards to the OP I'm pretty sure I saw a statement from the AFL saying that teams will wear the same uniforms, same locker rooms etc etc.

Indeed, I remember when the guernseys were first being talked about everyone seemed to think the AFL would find a way to make sure Collingwood wore whatever they wanted. I don't mind this as a rule, provided it stays that way from now on.

Well at least a precedent has been set, which is probably important for Port because the new jumpers clearly clash with Carlton, Collingwood, St. Kilda, Melbourne and maybe even Richmond and Essendon. Hell if the 3 V's jumper gets off the ground we'll even clash with Fremantle! I'd like to think that if we finished top and played any of these clubs that we would be allowed to wear our black jumper, and now that this case has happened we've got some evidence to support that argument.

But that said we should probably just concentrate on trying to get into the GF! :thumbsu::D

I'm curious as to when the rule changed from the old coin toss to the highest finisher system? We wore white shorts in our 2004 GF despite finishing top. When did the rule come in? Was it this year just for Collingwood or was it announced a few years back?

The way I see it is the team higher on the ladder gets choice of jumper and shorts are picked based on "light" team and "dark" team. That's how the finals have been working over the last few years.

I'm not sure Thunder but this year is the first time I've ever heard of the "highest finisher" rule. Seems a bit too conveniant if you ask me, especially when considering who is involved. I wonder if this rule would've existed if the Saints finished top? ;)

Anyway in regards to the OP I'm pretty sure I saw a statement from the AFL saying that teams will wear the same uniforms, same locker rooms etc etc.

No i'm sure if St Kilda finished top, it'd be a toss of the coin with a double headed coin with Collingwood getting the choice to pick.

And should the coin land on it's side, Collingwood choose their jumper regardless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back