Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franklin is on the clock.. just like Hawkins..
Yes...but...one was the All Australian full forward this year. Not quite ready to stick a fork in just yet. I’m guessing there’s a lingering back issue at the moment that no one is letting on about.

Has Reid had injury issues in the past and is he over those issues?

I haven't followed Sydney that closely this year.

Another Sydney play to potentially get in the ear of could be McCartin - weren't we apparently interested in him during his draft year?
McCartin wouldn't be a bad idea. Pushed out by Blakey and Daniher.

Would only work if we got Goldy.
I'd rather keep Stanley to play in the forward half and pinch hit in the Ruck then add Jenkins personally
Jenkins wouldn’t work with our current game plan. He gets a lot of goals because of space with in front or behind him.

Stanley is insurance only for Goldy. Big Sav would get forward opportunity first

Jenkins wouldn’t work with our current game plan. He gets a lot of goals because of space with in front or behind him.

Stanley is insurance only for Goldy. Big Sav would get forward opportunity first
To be fair I can't think of many forwards that would work in our current gameplan.

Do people on here see Sav as a forward or a ruckman in the long run? I personally would like to see him play out of the square when Hawk retires, if he gets his kicking right and his reading of the flight he would be deadly as his hands are already excellent. I dont think he has the tank to be a full time ruck like Nic Nat.

If they get Daniher i'd like to take a shot at Reid, he was really good this year and might want out as I cant see them being able to play them all.
I'd be gobsmacked if Daniher leaves Bombers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CHARLIE CONSTABLE (Geelong)
Plenty of clubs have asked the question of the promising 20-year-old, who has not been seen at senior level since Round 9. Constable is contracted until 2021, but rivals are using Geelong’s links to Jack Steven and Shaun Higgins to gauge the youngster’s interest in a move.
On Constable, I heard from the father of a school friend of Charlie that Geelong told Charlie they were disappointed with the lack of defensive pressure in his game and that's why he is languishing in the 2's, and that is why he now wants out "desperately".

On Constable, I heard from the father of a school friend of Charlie that Geelong told Charlie they were disappointed with the lack of defensive pressure in his game and that's why he is languishing in the 2's, and that is why he now wants out "desperately".

To be fair they are 100% spot on, he is a one way runner at the moment.

Art Vandelay_ does the above sound familiar?

Prior to the Blues match when a few of us met up before the match we discussed a few different players - the above is what was said about Constable & that it's something that had been identified as an area of his game he needs to work on going back to the TAC Cup

Not sure it's enough of a reason for a player to want out though - "Charlie, we like these areas of your game but feel you aren't as strong defensively and would like you to work on that in the VFL".

Surely it's not unreasonable to ask a young player to work on identifed areas on deficiencies in the VFL.

If he wants out of a club because they want him to better his game then he won't last long in the league.

Prior to the Blues match when a few of us met up before the match we discussed a few different players - the above is what was said about Constable & that it's something that had been identified as an area of his game he needs to work on going back to the TAC Cup

Not sure it's enough of a reason for a player to want out though - "Charlie, we like these areas of your game but feel you aren't as strong defensively and would like you to work on that in the VFL".

Surely it's not unreasonable to ask a young player to work on identifed areas on deficiencies in the VFL.

Put it this way, if your employer came to you and said im unhappy with your work I need you to try better yourself, would you quit? That's essentially whats being touted here, its a dangerous game to play as this is a business and most of the time you only get one chance to succeed before you are sent back to the land of the living working 9-5, he needs to tread carefully, clubs dont take kindly to the threat of the player is bigger than the team.

Constable's name kinda being mentioned in trade talk - funny thing is, that for all the initial talk of him being interested in a trade to St Kilda, they may not be interested in him.

Thinking he'll still be in the blue & white hoops come preseason

CHARLIE CONSTABLE

Unlucky not to be getting a game at Geelong after a promising start to the season. He’s been linked to the Saints but he’s not in their sights for the moment as they have a heap of other priorities. He’s a good player not to be playing senior footy.

Constable's name kinda being mentioned in trade talk - funny thing is, that for all the initial talk of him being interested in a trade to St Kilda, they may not be interested in him.

Thinking he'll still be in the blue & white hoops come preseason

CHARLIE CONSTABLE

Unlucky not to be getting a game at Geelong after a promising start to the season.
He’s been linked to the Saints but he’s not in their sights for the moment as they have a heap of other priorities. He’s a good player not to be playing senior footy.

This annoys me, he isn't unlucky, he struggled in his last few AFL games and was dropped to go work on things which the club obviously feel he didn't do to a satisfactory level to earn a recall, this woe is me rubbish is why the game has gone soft, too many guys not willing to put in the work to become the best, if your not willing to do that then what are you doing here, there are plenty of other guys that would kill to be in his position.

Unless the said person has tickets on himself...

Put it this way, if your employer came to you and said im unhappy with your work I need you to try better yourself, would you quit? That's essentially whats being touted here, its a dangerous game to play as this is a business and most of the time you only get one chance to succeed before you are sent back to the land of the living working 9-5, he needs to tread carefully, clubs dont take kindly to the threat of the player is bigger than the team.
This can go two ways. He either works on his deficiencies and becomes a better player at Geelong, or he leaves and becomes the player we wanted him to become at another club. Travis Varcoe?

Think more coincidence TC. I'd say they just see Bews as a decent small defender of which we have very few. Personally, I think we need to be replacing him in our best 22 asap with someone far more attacking and talented. He's a decent depth player for mine.
If you want to replace Bews.. we need better options.. Brock Smith is one Id keep in mind if he is available letter in the draft.

It would seem (listening to the Krock Podcast) that the club is aware or a leadership void... so players weith strong leadership qualities should have a leg up in drafting.. maybe Robertson gets rated high due to that..

This can go two ways. He either works on his deficiencies and becomes a better player at Geelong, or he leaves and becomes the player we wanted him to become at another club. Travis Varcoe?

Im quite content with the player Varcs was for us and im not sure how you think he has been better at Collingwood, was an integral part of the 2011 premiership side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back