News Giants in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

This covers a pretty wide area of discussion, but is quite interesting:

Cody and Sean would be the best AFL writers going around, they do such good work every week, this week and all of their other stuff are well worth a read!

Apparently Toby Greene was interviewed on sunrise this morning, but I can't find it online.

SEN last night had Daniel Hoyne from champion data talk analysis. He talked up how the Giants are going and how the game plan is aligning with the players improving.
He rated Brent Daniels as AA player and also noted what Bedford has bought along as well. Said based on our adjustments we’d be contending for a flag in 2025.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

SEN last night had Daniel Hoyne from champion data talk analysis. He talked up how the Giants are going and how the game plan is aligning with the players improving.
He rated Brent Daniels as AA player and also noted what Bedford has bought along as well. Said based on our adjustments we’d be contending for a flag in 2025.

2025? 2024 for contending for the flag!

Where were Collingwood and Sydney at this time last year.
Feels like they weren't too different to where we were.

We appear to be similarly following Collingwood albeit a couple of months behind. Very similar circumstances (new coach, game plan based on pressure and fast ball movement, lost players with cap dump).
They had a losing record early in the first third of the season then it started to really click and as the season went on they were off the charts. Would be great if we continue to follow like this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gil gone…

Andrew Dillon was at giants hq last week meeting with Dave Matthews about issues the giants would like to see resolved for footy in NSW.

I know for a fact that giants admin weren't happy with Gill and are glad he is moving on, hopefully Dillon is an improvement. He has been at giants hq a number of times in the past 6 months so hopefully he gets a good picture of what's needed.

Andrew Dillon was at giants hq last week meeting with Dave Matthews about issues the giants would like to see resolved for footy in NSW.

I know for a fact that giants admin weren't happy with Gill and are glad he is moving on, hopefully Dillon is an improvement. He has been at giants hq a number of times in the past 6 months so hopefully he gets a good picture of what's needed.
And what is it we are looking for?

Dave Matthews apparently went for the AFL top job. It would of been ideal for us for him to get the gig. He no doubt would of supported the NSW and QLD clubs as growth areas.
Cola
Cola for the Soft Cap
Academy zone changes and access
Promotion/marketing of the game
Junior AFL support
General growth of the game
Etc….

Gill has done little to support the game up here.
NSW has 1/3 of the country’s population with only 2 teams represented. Huge potential the AFL have done nothing with

Dave Matthews apparently went for the AFL top job. It would of been ideal for us for him to get the gig. He no doubt would of supported the NSW and QLD clubs as growth areas.
Cola
Cola for the Soft Cap
Academy zone changes and access
Promotion/marketing of the game
Junior AFL support
General growth of the game
Etc….

Gill has done little to support the game up here.
NSW has 1/3 of the country’s population with only 2 teams represented. Huge potential the AFL have done nothing with

Why hasn't Gil been supportive ?
Expansion wasn't his idea?
He should be supportive, especially grassroots level as nobody can complain about that I would have thought.

Dave matthews and Andrew Dillon have both admitted the AFL have dropped the ball in NSW and need to do more to grow, increase talent pool, bring back crowds etc.
I have a friend who works for AFL NSW and he told me the AFL are in process of creating about a dozen new positions that will be based in Sydney whose purpose is to grow the game, support the Giants and Swans as well as help improve our crowds amongst other things. He assumes marketing and strategy type roles. I’d say Andrew Dillon is behind this since his promotion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back