Give Adelaide a National Rugby League Team Facebook Page

Remove this Banner Ad

No longer matters mate as the game has been called off from being held at Adelaide Oval. I guess you can now stay home in Melbourne and watch your beloved Crows play North yeah?

You think I live in Melbourne? :rolleyes: Do you pay attention to my post? lol

Yep the game has been called off. And what do you know, they think the AFL had something to do with it :rolleyes:
From the Chairman himself http://www.facebook.com/pages/SARL-South-Australian-Rugby-League-Inc/200980769932379
:eek:

Not surprising seeming that there have been rumours about that happening ever since the announcement of AFL moving to the ground.

Nine in the NT only started showing NRL before AFL when Nine didn't win the next AFL contract. Nice try at revising history though.

If it is Nine Darwin and that is the case, Well I will apologise but I know on Imparja, NRL before AFL on a friday night.

If it is Nine Darwin and that is the case, Well I will apologise but I know on Imparja, NRL before AFL on a friday night.

Don't listen to him, he's the one rewriting history.

There was an article about it years ago call winds of change or something similar.

The guy you quoted is a known RL hater just as I'm a known AFL hater.

The reason they put RL on is the fact 9 got sick and tired of people ringing up their office complaining that they couldn't see the NRL.

The point that should shut some up is this, why replace one show with another that rates less?

It doesn't makes sense does it, and they can whinge and whine as much as they like because deep down they know 9 treats RL like garbage, so for them to put it on first suggests there's a little bit more support for the code up there than they like.

Imparja is based in Queensland. That's probably why the NRL is on first on that.

Not surprising seeming that there have been rumours about that happening ever since the announcement of AFL moving to the ground.
Blaming the AFL for this are we now? very typical. Something bad happens to NRL outside NSW or QLD. Blame the AFL! Nazis! Brain washed fans! ;)

Read Canterbury's statement about the venue change if you are open minded mate.

Imparja is based in Queensland. That's probably why the NRL is on first on that.

You are wrong again.

Imparja is based out of Alice Springs.

Phone number is 08 8950 1411 which is alice spring number

also address is

Imparja Television (ABN 78 009 630 120)
PO Box 52
Alice Springs NT 0871

All for a bit of research mate.

I just came here to start a thread! Go Rams i remember going to the game verse Salford at Adelaide Oval it gave me goosebump's seeing Kerro score and then do the chicken dance i really thought we had something special

p.s. Campese is still a dick for telling Tim Horan not to come here

Still angry should had a NRL game in Adelaide this weekend.
Yeah. You and me both. Was looking forward to coming over for an AFL and NRL double header. What happened there? Did the Dogs pull out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide will get the same opportunity to bid as everyone else I imagine, with the central coast looking on the nose, it would be great if adelaide linked up with the bears to put their bid together and keep the bears alive.

The problem with expansion teams is the amount of nuffy games it gives for home supporters, like parramatta v adelaide wouldnt be a very exciting prospect at the moment, but parramatta v adelaide bears, would get a lot of old north sydney fans along.

Is there anything that shows that old North Sydney Bears fan would support a potential Adelaide Bears team?

I dont know, I dont think its a match made in heaven but imo its probably the bears best shot at get backing in (getting outside of nsw) and would help adelaides shot immensely.

As to what percentage of bears fans regained interest , I dont know it would depend on the success of the club although the bears were never very successful, whether they play any old north sydney oval games... imo these would pack out and also whether the bears made the decision happily or reluctantly.

Eitherway looking at the AFL viewer figures from adelaide im not sure that the NRL has a heap to gain by having an adelaide team from scratch, atleast a bears thing would keep the bears alive and maybe get more sydney viewers??

The Bears will live and die by the CC. They are far too integrated into the CC RL system and besides, the CC will get a team one day. It's just a matter of the Bears sticking around for it to happen.

Adelaide will get their own team in the next ten years, you can bet your house on it. Just as you can bet the house on South-East QLD and Perth getting the next two teams in 2015.

Also last I heard the SARL used the Rams logo and name for the state team, what could the new Adelaide team be called I wonder? I really don't know enough bout the city to come up with any unique nicknames.

Did the Crows/Dockers/Reds have shortlists of possible names before their inception? Would make for interesting reading.

Can't wait for the 2013 fixture to come out to see if Adelaide get any games.

Got 249 likes on https://www.facebook.com/GiveAdelaideANationalRugbyLeagueTeam

As part of the ARLC's strategic plan, clubs are moving games to "non-traditional" areas. You may be out of luck for next year but thats not to say there won't be games there in future years. We currently have Parramatta taking a game to Mudgee, while the Bulldogs taking a game to Mackay, hopefully the Roosters keep taking games to Darwin (Especially seeming it got a bigger crowd then the AFL match there) and Rugby League can still grow there despite being the locals Favorite.

Interestingly enough is that Manly might also be taking a game China.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back