Opinion Goal Celebrations

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game this. Fans need to sit down and shut up, now the players do too. Hopefully this years Grand Final winners don't celebrate when they lift the cup.

If nothing else, it gives media commentators the perfect chance to be pompous and self-righteous and admonish this apparently awful behaviour.

Brad Johnson was guilty of that in the commentary on this incident; kept mentioning it afterwards as if it was the catalyst for Port to fall away in the latter stages. Spare me.

What odds Caro's Arrow tonight will be about how we don't need Duursma's behaviour in the game (followed by Hutchison defending it and saying that's how players act in America)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much has been made of Duursma and his Bow and Arrow, where do you sit on this issue? Do you want to see more of it in our game? Is it a sign of arrogance?

Personally I love it. At the time we were only down by 16 points and if we weren’t a complete train wreck this year it might of been a huge spark for us. I love seeing players with passion and i’d Love to see more of it. View attachment 713317I’m
Let the young bloke enjoy his effort. All good fun.

What odds Caro's Arrow tonight will be about how we don't need Duursma's behaviour in the game (followed by Hutchison defending it and saying that's how players act in America)?

I think the opposite actually, I reckon the arrow will be at people having a go at Duursma about it

I’m more amused by the whole “showing individuality when celebrating a goal” and then Duursma borrowing a celebration from another league and player (ie no individuality or creativity at all).
Preferably come up with something unique if you’re going down that road.

Some of the commentators are acting like white toast nanny preaches, time to put some jam on your bread or veggie mite on your toast and enjoy the players who enjoy their efforts.
I didn’t mind it, it was his expression and he is entitled to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back